Thread: Anybody planning on backing the Lorwolf kickstarter?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Anybody planning on backing the Lorwolf kickstarter?

Lorwolf is getting its KS on march 1st. Idk.

It looks sorta interesting? But im not sure the art is good enough to keep an audience. Petsite folks really love nice pixels. maybe im wrong but looking at the site feels meh

(you need an account to see links)

Its been in alpha. I didnt get into the alpha but someone on a mutual discord did. Its got "promise" apparently.

Iv been so burned by kickstarters in the past, and with the rate that petsites seem to fail and go nowhere im not sure its worth it

Anybody here get into the alpha? what did you think?
    [CENTER]Lazy and Paranoid

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I backed the kickstarter but wasn't an alpha tester, it does seem like it has a lot of promise. It already got to almost 30k$ out of its original goal of 3k with 18 days left. Seems similar to the flight rising kickstarter with limited familiars and a kickstarter breed change.

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    I backed the kickstarter! I was around the discord in the Alpha phase and fell in love with it.

It feels a lot like FR, but with more RPG elements involved. The story line was enjoyable to play through even though it ended quickly. Its Alpha testing though, so of course its not going to be full content. It felt like it had enough to do in order for you to want to keep logging in daily. Sorry that’s a little vague, im racking my brain to remember it all, feels like it was ages ago. There were beauty contests where you’d dress up your wolves and compete against others. A battle mechanic that allowed you to level up your wolves and gain resources/familiars. Breeding mechanics were basically the same as FR. Breed a pair and the outcome will be a mix of the parents colors/markings. We had to pay (on site currency - not real currency) to unlock den slots to have a larger pack. Forums were rather slow/not really used but everyone was already discussing in the discord more than onsite at the time. I’ll try to add more if I can think of more. Overall though it was like a mix of the RPG story elements from Dappervolk and the breeding/battling mechanics from FlightRising. Despite similarities to other pet sims it feels like Lorwolf is its own thing. It didn't feel overbearing like you had to be there constantly to progress. You can play as casually or as intently as you'd like and still have an enjoyable time.

I do genuinely feel like it has potential and will grow into a larger game. The two creators are very active on the discord and they truly listen and respond to critiques and concerns. Suggestions and discussions are acknowledged and they seem to genuinely want to do right by the community and make this into something that everyone will love. The kickstarter did so well that the stretch goals for more content has been unlocked and I look forward to the Beta to see how it goes. (Fishing mini game, 'cooking', and Weekly events were all part of the unlocked content and I think that will be huge additions to the site and keeping people occupied.) Hopefully the KS unlocks hunting and farming as well!
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 03-15-2021 at 06:54 PM. Reason: words

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Doesn't seem to be quite my thing, but I wasn't an alpha tester so that may change once beta comes around. I backed the breed tier just in case though, since it's nice and cheap.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I saw this and decided to back it for one of the $20 tiers. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, I have some extra $$ right now so I can spare $20.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    19d 10h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I backed it and am honestly so hyped for it. I'm burnt out on DV and Neopets feels like it's crashing and burning, so Lorwolf seems exactly like the type of casual yet engaging game I need right now. It has elements that remind me of Flight Rising but without the stuff on Flight Rising I'm not a big fan of (like coli grinding, since Lorwolf's system is automatic).

Like anything it could go downhill fast, but it reached every stretch goal and the discord is pretty active, so I think people have faith in it. The devs seem open to feedback too, so that's hopeful.

hello i am frank i'm a cat now sike blub blub

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    i didn't know this existed, but now i want to try it once its live. I'm not that much into wolves but it looks like it will have a lot of activities and actual character/familiar growing, so i'm pretty interested. Haven't been able to connect with any other pet games other than neo, so cool to see so many new approaches beign born!

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    14h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i backed the kickstarter and bought the $80 tier! i was an alpha tester and absolutely loved it. i'm not going to try to do a full review but i will say that if you're on the fence and are interested in games like flight rising and lioden i would recommend backing it.