Thread: Back from a very long hiatus. How is Neopets now? I heard another company took over?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Back from a very long hiatus. How is Neopets now? I heard another company took over?

Hello,

I am coming back from a long hiatus, how is neopets now? Another company took over neopets? I am mostly into neopets for the battledome, the last time I was on I know the battledome was completely broken, is it still that way? Any big changes? Do they still freeze people for the littlest things? On the note of freeze how is the TNT staff now? And juist neopets landscape in general. I had to make a new account and shit looks so different like wtf

Also looking to buying BD items and maybe a BD pet, if anyones got that please let me know

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    46d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    The site is broken, with the fall of Flash, TNT are redesigning the site with a focus on mobile "compatibility"

TNT are still the freeze happy staff
    TNT Support are still stingy on returning accounts

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    (you need an account to see links)

This is often linked on the neoboards when new users return so it might be a good refresher for you. The site is currently under going the transition from flash to html5 (i think?) so a lot of stuff is sorta broken rn.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Sigh....Damn....What about the battledome? Is it still bugged to the teeth? I don't get why these companies buy neopets but don't put in any money into fixing/updating it..Like you would think that would be like the basics when the CEO sits down and looks at whether its worth the buy, and whether they should buy it and fix it up so it performs well instead of just acquiring it and just hoping it will do better than the last owner even though they didn't change much...

Wow thats neobard link is actually useful thanks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Not sure about the Battledome; definitely the difficulty increase is gone (winning increasing difficulty does not happen) and the big Battledomers on the boards are constantly complaining about the BD. Flash is gone so a lot of avs and games are broken. The site is difficult to navigate on a browser since TNT didn't think to design a mobile-friendly website, but a mobile-only one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    BD is still broken and will be for a long time, it's been almost 9 years since the revamp and nothing's changed. Battle pets are mostly worthless, the BD is just a glorified daily ever since.
    Don't get your hopes up.
    "Darkness fears the break of dawn!"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturnine For This Useful Post:

Double.Trouble (03-12-2021),Erik. (02-23-2021)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links) Try the BD for yourself. It might not be as broken as you remember it. I know TNT made some changes over the years so certain weapon effects work again and whatnot. It's functioning, and you can get great prizes that would accumulate into millions if you do your daily battles on the regular.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 49 View Post
    Not sure about the Battledome; definitely the difficulty increase is gone (winning increasing difficulty does not happen) and the big Battledomers on the boards are constantly complaining about the BD. Flash is gone so a lot of avs and games are broken. The site is difficult to navigate on a browser since TNT didn't think to design a mobile-friendly website, but a mobile-only one.
    Wow that crazy the fact that flash is gone has made the site even more broken....Its like the new owners are just trying to capitalize on the mobile gaming market and trying to appear to the next generation of kids because they know thats where the money is, and literally don't want to actually fix the site or get to the heart of the issue by fixing the bugs or even revamping/rebranding the site to increase its appeal. Clearly the people at the top are just thinking like a big company just for profits...

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
    BD is still broken and will be for a long time, it's been almost 9 years since the revamp and nothing's changed. Battle pets are mostly worthless, the BD is just a glorified daily ever since.
    Don't get your hopes up.
    Man...thats just plain dogshit how have they not fixed this, Like wtf are they doing over there. The BD was literally the only thing I found fun about neopets. And its not just that but the fact that its been sooo long since its been operational, its like a joke at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Try the BD for yourself. It might not be as broken as you remember it. I know TNT made some changes over the years so certain weapon effects work again and whatnot. It's functioning, and you can get great prizes that would accumulate into millions if you do your daily battles on the regular.
    Yea I'm gonna try it out myself, I just wanted to hear from people to see how the sites been holding up. True the prizes do accumulate into millions but with so many bugs its just not the same

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Also coming back after a 7+ year hiatus... I see a lot of the flash-related brokenness. Does anyone know how long has that been going on / what the roadmap forward is to fixing it?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    189 times
    Time Online
    85d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by lederp View Post
    Also coming back after a 7+ year hiatus... I see a lot of the flash-related brokenness. Does anyone know how long has that been going on / what the roadmap forward is to fixing it?
    They converted the site to the new thing you see now in December 2020 when Flash was officially culled from major browsers. They say they're going to bring mostly everything forward in order of how many people use what, but seeing the only games they've converted so far, I wouldn't hold my breath on any of the HTML5 games being great, if they will exist at all.