Quote Originally Posted by Da Plushee Boree View Post
I'm so amazed by this theory and feel brave enough to dig deeper and deeper!
Came here because i'm pretty interested, not only in the real concept, but also in Neopia evolution, out of humans, your specialty, also a curious aspect of Neo Life.

I remembered i read something (you need an account to see links)

As fas as it is known in Neopia in that article, Sloth comes from some place and tried to create mutants using the poisonous cloud that covered Neopia, then a ray of light brought life forms, first a Scorchio; what if the ray of light are the faeries coming into Neopia in a crusade to heal the poisonous gases?; it looks like a very small group of them arrived (honestly, i think only the ones with names) and as time passed new smaller faeries arrived / were born. The article says something about 2000 years passed, maybe monster like life forms, as Esophagor, Brain Tree or Terask, even the Claymaker that seems to be humaoid too, are ancient creatures/humans into a neohuman stage of mutation due to the poisonous gases and faerie magic. I can't find real neopian human's origins, still, both options are accepted in contests, the 'owners' way, and the 'world ruled by antrho pets' way.

That makes me wonder... are free pets better than pet pets? Is like when Goofy interacts with Pluto? Maybe humanoid pets are more advanced in evolution than the pet pets, and are selective in their evolution so they move from place to place? This is because we can say that Tyrania is a prehistoric land, but it occurs at the same time with Meridel and Virtupets; it reminds me of the native sanctuary of Brave New World or Shingeki's Paradis; they're stuck in time due to intelligence, genetics or resources limitations (that i doubt since they leave all in the same world without walls).

So as pets population grows, instead of changing the comunity they live on, the new more-evolved offspring travels. This might explain, also, why Tyrania doesn't have caveman politics, but instead a tribal hierarchy, same as Mystic Island; and why the Governor in Krawk Island acts as a democratical king kind of governor, same with Darigan; specially 'cos even if we can say that darigan and pirate pets are chaotic, anyone can say that some darigan species looks way more dumb (Korbat) and way more inteligent (Kougra) than pirate pets, that have a pretty static characterization; that also makes me wonder - back to evolution - if pirate, desert, christmas, royal, are just jobs or social status, and can be separated than full body changes, like water, darigan and faerie; are food pets edible? If a jelly pet stays too long under the sun it melts? If a water pet visits Terror Mountain it freezes? Is the brain and other organs affected by the changes? Do chocolate pets have meat hearts? Are transparent and invisible pets blind?

My heart's beating fast
Oh that's very interesting! Didn't know about that Neopedia article. And about that last part... I agree that there is a distinction between pet Neopets and Neopet characters. Because (and correct me if I'm wrong), I don't know any Neopet characters that have special paint jobs. Like, the pirate characters are just green/blue/black etc. Neopets with pirate clothing, not so much characters with a pirate paint job. Armin, Hannah, Kanrik, Hanso, Adee the Chia, Jeran, Roberta, Jazan, Balthazar, Cylara etc. are "just" a regular color. The only exception are Tyrannian/Darigan/Maraquan characters and some Halloween pets (like Eliv Thade and Hubert Nox), but they're a bit different like you said because they look more like a genetic variety. I don't think there are any royal painted characters or chocolate characters?

So in that sense it would be logical that our pets are different and perhaps use paint jobs as fashion statements. Like for example pirate pets being an homage to real pirates and royal pets being royal wannabe's. Therefore I don't think fruit/vegetable Chia's are really fruit/vegetable and jelly pets aren't really jelly. And the water/magma colour for example is more magical than real because water/magma pets still wear clothing, which would be impossible otherwise.