Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What unsolved mystery do you hope to see solved in your lifetime?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    For me, I really am invested in the whole "who was the Zodac Killer" thing. Honorable mention to DB Cooper.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drumbeatechoes For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (03-03-2021)

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Not so much a mystery but id like the truth of the UFO crash back in roswell to finally be admitted...

Also there's a missing woman in the UK named Claudia Lawrence. Disappeared without a trace. Always wanted to know what happened to that poor lady its been about 12 years now

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    440 times
    Time Online
    64d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Woah this thread gave me so much things to ready and I love it! Most of the mysteries I never even heard of (probably because I don't live in the US). So thank you all!

As for me, I really wanna know what happened to Dana Rishpy. She dubbed some of my childhood anime voices to Hebrew, and I really want her family to get a closure (yeah, I don't think she's alive). While thinking how tf I would summarize the story in English, I actually found a post about in on the reddit you all mentioned more than once: (you need an account to see links)
    What it is missing though is another development from 2011 which I will summarize:
    On July 2011 a homeless person that was arrested for being a rape suspect, said he has some info about the "Israeli tourist". He said that he saw Dana in that Friday night party she had taken drugs she never had before, which led to her death. More according to this person, the "friends" she were with tried to get rid of her body, so they buried it. There were some digging done in the area according to this person testimony, but no body was found.

Personally it feels like a load of bs that the person used to distract the police from him, but it's nice it was taken seriously anyway. According to some theories, it is thought that Dana might have been kidnapped by some gang so they could sell her organs, and even though she tried to escape she failed since the police cooperated with that said gang.
    I don't believe that much either, but yeah... I just want it to be solved tbh.

Another mystery, and it's gonna sound nerdy af: I just want to know if P = NP or not. I know it is believed that the answer is P =/= NP, but I hope to one day read a full on proof.
    Last edited by TsUNaMy WaVe; 03-01-2021 at 10:18 AM.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (03-03-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Yes @(you need an account to see links) the zodiac killer is certainly an interesting one.

@(you need an account to see links) so sad her father has just passed away and yes here for anything about aliens!

@(you need an account to see links) jeez, police corruption is a scary one. I really hope it isn't the cops/gang co-op.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rio For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (03-02-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    697 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I am surprised this one hasn't come up, although, yes many of them have been "explained" by being linked back to a missing person or a suicide, but its still kind of weird: the feet that wash up on the west coast in British Columbia and other parts of the PNW. I have been hearing about these in the news for many years, and it still always makes me wonder exactly what happened to that person. Like, imagine walking along the beach, and just casually seeing a detached foot in a runner?!

There's tons of articles and videos on the subject, (you need an account to see links) It makes me wonder how many more feet there have been that just have not been seen/discovered by humans.

I also am glad someone earlier mentioned the Highway of Tears. Being Canadian, this is something we learned about in high school (at least where I lived we did). A lot of those crimes, I think, will remain unfortunately unsolved; due to their age and lack of evidence and the side effect of systemic racism. Which is really, really sad.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Erik. (03-01-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    231 times
    Time Online
    94d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    I am surprised this one hasn't come up, although, yes many of them have been "explained" by being linked back to a missing person or a suicide, but its still kind of weird: the feet that wash up on the west coast in British Columbia and other parts of the PNW. I have been hearing about these in the news for many years, and it still always makes me wonder exactly what happened to that person. Like, imagine walking along the beach, and just casually seeing a detached foot in a runner?!

There's tons of articles and videos on the subject, (you need an account to see links) It makes me wonder how many more feet there have been that just have not been seen/discovered by humans.

I also am glad someone earlier mentioned the Highway of Tears. Being Canadian, this is something we learned about in high school (at least where I lived we did). A lot of those crimes, I think, will remain unfortunately unsolved; due to their age and lack of evidence and the side effect of systemic racism. Which is really, really sad.
    Oh this one I know! The feet thing is actually pretty simple: they tend to be the body part that floats the best, especially when they're still in a shoe. So, when bodies of people who drown in the sea, or sometimes bodies of jumpers that have floated to sea, decompose they rise to the surface first, until bloating and further decomposition (and sometimes scavengers) break the bodies apart. The larger parts are most likely to sink, but feet tend to float, and are then washed up ashore due to currents.

Edit: oh oops got carried away so I only noticed after posting that you have a link with the explanation

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (03-03-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    True Crime Garage did an episode on the Delphi Murders, in case anyone wants to check it out

(you need an account to see links) should show you pt1 and pt2.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

Erik. (03-03-2021)