Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m

Any Choir peeps here?

All this music is bring me back to my choir days. Anyone else here? Let�s talk and share music!
    I was a soprano/alto for many years, thought about perusing it professionally, but never did. I still love listening to choirs, and all the types of blends!

Like I love this song so much, and the vibration of sound is amazing

Not quite a choir but Miley and Noah�s voices together are musical magic.

And the pure size of this choir is breathtaking.

I was able to be a part of a pretty large collegic choir in highschool. You had to try out, and even then the choir wasn�t close to this size.
    userbar made by the talented lyrichord

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RicoBandito For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (04-10-2021),♥ LibraryFaerie ♥ (04-13-2021),Sephora (02-13-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them or he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    i was in choir for most of my childhood and teenage years! i miss parts of it, but at the time i didn't super love it -- my mom wanted me doing it, so i did. i was a soprano, but i always thought the altos had way cooler parts, hah.

i have lots of fond memories of it, but it's definitely something i could never see myself doing again, for various reasons. i'll admit i did love all the compliments i used to get from family and strangers though, between choir and musicals, hah

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Man... I was in the choir group for basically all middle school. I only joined cause I could skip half a day's class but I've always liked music/singing and really enjoyed it besides being a lazy ass. At the last year of middle school, the choir teachers forced us to be the children in La Bohème by Puccini, an opera at the National Theater. We didn't really have a choice since it was a REALLY strict school/environment. We spent the whole year learning and rehearsing the lyrics which were in Italian. Till this day I've no clue what the hell we sang about but it was related to candy. Ironically, since paid labor for children is ilegal they just jacked us with juice boxes and merengues before the shows.... A lot of merengues, which was like cocaine for 12 year old's. We did 12 shows in a month and the theater was full every night. It was a pretty big deal for the school since Politicians/Presidents/Investors loved this shit but none of us kids gave a shit. Mainly by the fact that we were treated pretty harshly by the teachers. They would scream at us for screwing up 1 lyric wrong and made a lot of us cry(not me I was stronk) and really didn't bear in mind that we were just kids trying to actually LEARN the stuff. Besides that we had to spend all afternoon afterschool rehearsing till 8pm. We started class at 7 am till 1 pm (normal class hours were from 7am to 5 pm) then choir till 5 pm and 3 more hours more at the auditorium. Saturday and Sunday included from 1-5 pm, we got tired quick lol. The only person we all liked was the director, he was really nice to us and very supportive and we LOVED when he would trash the actors for doing whatever they wanted and praised us since we pretty much did three times the amount of rehearsing. Since then I just can't listen to Opera or bother with it, I just get tired by the mention of it and sugar induced flashbacks of a guy in a renaissance bicycle dressed like a jester to who we shouted Parpignol at and danced around. Then not long after that puberty hit and bye bye kid voice. I wasn't ALL that interested in singing after it but my love for music grew and learned to play drums and attempted to learn guitar. The director passed away a year later, we payed our respect with the rest of the school and it was quite a touching moment.

Now all adult like I realize it was quite the chance we were given and a privilege to just be chosen for it and grateful to my parents for investing in a private school which was not easy nor cheap. It was quite the experience and a nice memory/story to have and share. Not the teachers, fuck them entitled snobby cunts.

Fun annoying little fact, till this day when I meet with a friend of mine who was also in the choir group he loves to greet/yell MIIIIMIIIIIII at me. A guy yelling MIMI is like the highlight of the whole thing... I've no idea I just remember a man yelling that name like 20 times and we just yelled it back and usually get yelled back at haha. It's stupid but a fun reminder.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. And sorry for the wall of text, holy shit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NotADoctor For This Useful Post:

Lettuce (04-12-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lettuce View Post
    Sorry you had to go through that I can totally understand being burned out with singing after that. That sounds extremely exhausting. Props for not giving up on music as a whole, though!
    Yeah, to me it was luckily just boredom of Opera as a whole. Didn't mention this but the month prior to the opening of the play we started rehearsing with the musicians from the Orchestra. They were really cool, one of the drummers was a Nigerian 60 old man who saw me watching him play and let me join and play for a bit every other day. Same happened with the Pianist who taught a bit to one of the girls in the choir and she later on learned to play the piano very well. I think it's amazing and beautiful how musicians love to share the gift of music and how meaningful it can be to others in any given situation. I wonder if the old man is still alive and kicking those drums, he had really cool jazzy vibe.