DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    138 times
    Time Online
    59d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I already mentioned this on the ryugotchi thread, but I am a big fan of the Disney movies for Alice in Wonderland! I think especially the live action ones weren't very well received, but I love all of them! I think they captured the general feeling of Wonderland and its whackiness really well, and referenced a TON of Lewis Caroll's original work and poems. I've always enjoyed the "kid travels to a fantasy world" trope, but exploring what happens when that child grows up is quite interesting and is what they did for the movie adaptions!
    The second movie got a lot of criticism for being 'hard to understand' but I personally didn't find it that difficult. It deals with time travel and (I think because I watch a lot of Doctor Who) it wasn't too tough for me personally! But I enjoy that sort of plot to begin with. (Guess who's probably rewatching these movies this weekend!)

I also think the 2019 adaption of Good Omens is one of the best I've ever seen! David Tennant + Michael Sheen on screen together is everything I ever wanted. Plus, the book is one of the funniest books I've read! It's a cult classic and rightfully so. I think they waited to adapt this one until the technology had caught up enough to actually do it well. It shows!

I'm currently rereading His Dark Materials (Book 1: The Golden Compass) while simultaneously watching episodes of the show once I get far enough in the book. I read the book as a child and I didn't really understand the intricacies of it all. I'm enjoying it so far, I really don't remember most of the plot twists so it's gonna be fun to experience it all again!

(you need an account to see links)

🌜 ALL YOUR STARDROP ARE BELONG TO ME ⭐✨
    hatched as drake: 01.11.2021

Guides by me: (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links)

ty Dita ♥

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stardew For This Useful Post:

basically (01-28-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    85/0
    Mentioned
    198 times
    Time Online
    95d 2h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I think the movie adaptation of THE GODFATHER in 1972 and 1974 was quite good. Together both these movies brought the book to life. In addition both movies won Oscars as best movie of their respective years.

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    9d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    So I totally forgot about Fight Club being an adaptation, and I have to say that it's one of the ones that's become so iconic as a film it's easy to forget about its origins.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 5h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by basically View Post
    So I totally forgot about Fight Club being an adaptation, and I have to say that it's one of the ones that's become so iconic as a film it's easy to forget about its origins.
    I really enjoyed the book when I read it! I feel like if you've got Fincher working on an adaptation, it's bound to be amazing, but I feel like he's probably picky about what he adapts. The only other adaptation I've seen that I know and read was Gone Girl, which also was an incredible book, and feel like both mediums for the story stand really well on ther own. Chuck Palahniuk and Gillian Flynn are both really great authors, so the source material is great!

Speaking of, the Sharp Objects adaptation was superb.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

basically (01-30-2021),Koto (01-30-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Dont get me wrong, I LOVE HP but I'm not sure how I feel about a television series.. What would even take place? Would it be how everyone is living after the fact and maybe it'll focus on their children? Like Boy Meets World and their spin off??

I'm with Donatella - I super enjoy the Series of Unfortunate Events and I'm sad they cancelled the Netflix series because NPH was an absolute delight (When is he ever not?).
    I'm also super into Brother's Grimm stuff so like Once Upon a Time was awesome for me up until I think S5 or S6.. closer to the end. I'd love to see more of the dark and twisty stories.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 5h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by nattiee View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I LOVE HP but I'm not sure how I feel about a television series.. What would even take place? Would it be how everyone is living after the fact and maybe it'll focus on their children? Like Boy Meets World and their spin off??

I'm with Donatella - I super enjoy the Series of Unfortunate Events and I'm sad they cancelled the Netflix series because NPH was an absolute delight (When is he ever not?).
    I'm also super into Brother's Grimm stuff so like Once Upon a Time was awesome for me up until I think S5 or S6.. closer to the end. I'd love to see more of the dark and twisty stories.
    The Netflix series wasn't cancelled, all 13 books of the main series got adapted and I don't believe there were ever plans to go into the other books in the universe. But just in case you aren't aware, you can go watch the rest!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (01-30-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    The Netflix series wasn't cancelled, all 13 books of the main series got adapted and I don't believe there were ever plans to go into the other books in the universe. But just in case you aren't aware, you can go watch the rest!
    Bless - it�s been a while since I�ve read the books so maybe I just didn�t know but I�ll need to go back and make sure I watched all the episodes!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-30-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I think the absolute worst adaptation I have ever seen is Eragon. I have read that book more times than I can count. I remember when they announced the movie being made and I was hopeful. But omg this was the worst piece of garbage I have ever seen in my life. They obliterated everything. I realize it's a large book and you are limited time in a movie but it's something that should have been a two-three part series. I know things need to be changed from book to movie of course but this was just awful all around. The only good thing was the casting of Saphira's voice and Malkovich as Galbatorix.
    Now not a book to film but game to film Silent Hill hands down is the best I've seen. I have played that game 1000 times to the point of a speed run in an hour. Despite the main change of the protagonist being the mother not the father like the game and a few of the monsters pulled from other games it is very well done. The sound effects and music are the same. The transition from normal to dark world, they include that whole intro of the gate maze complete with the nearly dead mutilated body in the hazmat suit. Of course the ending was changed etc but I still feel it was my personal favorite of adaptations from game to film. The second was a disappointment.
    Last edited by Ashen; 01-30-2021 at 04:20 PM.