Thread: How to make background show up outside lookup of UC Pet?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

How to make background show up outside lookup of UC Pet?

I saw at least one person on the forums with a UC Pet that has a BG that shows up fine in their pet�s forum image and among their other pets on their user profile. But I cannot get the background items go work for my own UC. Is there a way to get it to work or?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    189 times
    Time Online
    85d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Are you using the new customization page? A lot of items don't show up properly there, but I think you should be able to drag them onto your pet and save nonetheless.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That’s unfortunately literally the only place I can see the customizations. ;w;

The background is still blank literally everywhere else (e.g. my user profile, the forums, heck the pet selection on customization stubbornly won’t change either no matter how many times I save). That’s bothering me so much because I feel so weird walking around like this.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    My experience has been that with UC pets, "save" doesn't "save." I'm not sure if I have just been unlucky and chosen items that don't work, or what.

Have you tried with different backgrounds, @(you need an account to see links), to see if it's one or two specific items? Admittedly I have not done a lot of troubleshooting on this, I am busy with a lot of other things and the beta isn't my favorite experience, so it's not been at the top of my priority list to wrestle with it.

If you have a method of making Flash work -- using a "portable" internet browser, for example, that has a pre-installed version of Adobe Flash player that does not allow updates nor connect to Adobe's updater service -- that would be the best way to go about customizing now... but it requires a level of tech savvy that most of us don't possess.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Before Flash fully imploded, I could see it on the pet profile. But not on my profile or on the forums. It's so weird. I could see if a background I'm using for a different pet works but I feel like it might be an issue with the current Customize page.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I poked around the Neoboards a bit to see if anyone else has a similar issue, and fortunately it seems UC pet updates not saving is a known issue since Beta conversion, though the topic starter was having an issue with a converted pet interestingly. I hope TnT fixes this soon because the blank background is driving me nuts. At least I have more time to design a more suitable one, I guess.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Okay, WOW, even my converted pets aren�t updating anymore. Good job, TnT, you broke everything. >.>;

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Here's something that helped me to keep playing games and customizing:

(you need an account to see links)

Basically involves installing another browser (Pale Moon) and an older version of flash on your computer. The instructions were really straight forward and there's links to everything you would need, so I had no problem getting it to work. I hope this helps!

To be safe from any flash vulnerabilities, I would strongly suggest only using this browser+flash enabled for neopets only. Also, make sure to install an ad block add-on (you can search for a few right in the browser where the add-ons are). I think this is especially important since you would be running an older version of flash.

Customization can be a bit glitchy, but you can get it to work! Just be sure to use the classic customization link:

(you need an account to see links)

It might not display everything properly as you customize, but it works! Just make sure you have all the items that you want attached (at first you might want to detach one item from your overall customization, save, attach it again, save, and then your customization will show up everywhere. Works for UCs, too!)

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie ❦
    ~~~~

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Digipoop For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-23-2021),ScorchEyrie (01-31-2021),TheArcher (01-23-2021),Using My Pass (01-25-2021),Zapdos (01-23-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    26d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I still just set my date back to last year, use the classic customisation link and set it back.

Having said that, it would be nice to have the flash elements back. I think i might try Pale Moon!

Neopets makes me really angry apparently.

Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I used Pale Moon and an older version of flash (uninstall it first if you haven't already!), and it worked. Didn't need to set my computer's date back or anything.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021