40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 11h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by HailSeitan View Post
    Ugh. As of late, all I do on neopets is play Sahkmet Solitaire and do my goddamn dailies and even doing that with this new layout just... bums me out.

Is there a way to apply a layout that only applies to how /you/ see the site? Like... even just removing the formatting altogether would be an improvement over the beta thing. Altadorian constellations is cool I guess, but is a million times worse than Grey Day

I feel like the others are just unbearable to look at?? I don't know why you would make your site/product so viscerally uncomfortable to look at?
    People have been adding some visual fixes in the (you need an account to see links), like @(you need an account to see links)'s (you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) as well. There's also a non-ck user who made a lot of (you need an account to see links). I'm not sure if this has been patched fully, but (you need an account to see links) by @(you need an account to see links) helps revert to old layout, I believe.
    I found (you need an account to see links) which "Declutter the web by activating Text Mode. All pages load in text form (no images, animation or video) so content is easier to scan and read.", but I haven't tested it and don't have time right now, sorry!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-22-2021),Flordibel (01-21-2021),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (01-21-2021),Nyanobyte                      (01-22-2021),yesnt (01-21-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been patched fully, but (you need an account to see links) by @(you need an account to see links) helps revert to old layout, I believe.
    Nope, not patched yet .

It doesn't work on all pages (main shops and the shop wizard being the most noteworthy), there's also a couple of bugs that I'm working on ironing out, but for the most part it works .

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yesnt For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-22-2021),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (01-21-2021),kittyray (01-21-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 11h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by yesnt View Post
    Nope, not patched yet .

It doesn't work on all pages (main shops and the shop wizard being the most noteworthy), there's also a couple of bugs that I'm working on ironing out, but for the most part it works .
    Thanks! I just wasn't sure because I thought I saw something about it, but then couldn't find it. Nice work!

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

♥ HailSeitan ♥ (01-21-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    11d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    OMG!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DREAMED OF! THANK YOU!!

It's still a trainwreck but as long as the wallpapers nice I'm a happy camper!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HailSeitan For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-21-2021)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    People have been adding some visual fixes in the (you need an account to see links), like @(you need an account to see links)'s (you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) as well. There's also a non-ck user who made a lot of (you need an account to see links). I'm not sure if this has been patched fully, but (you need an account to see links) by @(you need an account to see links) helps revert to old layout, I believe.
    I found (you need an account to see links) which "Declutter the web by activating Text Mode. All pages load in text form (no images, animation or video) so content is easier to scan and read.", but I haven't tested it and don't have time right now, sorry!
    Thanks for the shoutout, kittyray! I found out today that my dark mode works on mobile, too! (As long as you use a mobile browser that supports extensions.)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 11h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    Thanks for the shoutout, kittyray! I found out today that my dark mode works on mobile, too! (As long as you use a mobile browser that supports extensions.)
    Oh, cool! I've honestly never even checked to see if my mobile browser supports them, I should! If we get mobile beta, might as well make the best of it on actual mobile!

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Flordibel (01-21-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    The shop wizard refresh works really well, I'll give them credit for that, but also echoing the despair at the shallowness of their "to do" list.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prose Edda For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Prose Edda View Post
    The shop wizard refresh works really well, I'll give them credit for that, but also echoing the despair at the shallowness of their "to do" list.
    Exactly my feelings.

It's like walking into someone's house with shit smeared on the walls and them saying "oh yea we definitely need to recycle these empty coke cans"... like, yea, ok, that's a good thing to do... but maybe you have bigger issues.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yesnt For This Useful Post:

Prose Edda (01-22-2021),Stardust (01-23-2021),TsUNaMy WaVe (01-23-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Thanks for the updates!
    I'm glad they are doing something, but I'm kinda just.... not expecting anything by this point. Just doing my dailies without much thought put into it lol

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    New Update!

Beta V0.4.4
    1/27/2021

What's New

More Wheels!
    Two more wheels are now Flash free and ready to be played! Spend those neopoints wisely.

The Wheel of Misfortune
    The Wheel of Extravagance

The Wheel of Monotony will be coming soon. Users spinning the wheels on smaller devices like phones in portrait mode will notice that the experience is less than optimal due to characters taking up a significant amount of screen real-estate. We wanted to get the wheels out and playable as quickly as possible, but additional layout changes will be coming in a future update.

Profile Menu
    Phase 2 of the profile menu is now available if you tap the thumbnail of your pet in the upper left corner of the screen. You'll notice more links available than before, but organized hierarchically so as not to take up too much screen real-estate all at once. The link to Neohomes has been left out intentionally, as this feature is currently in flux with a V3 planned rather than a direct 1-to-1 conversion of Neohomes 1 or 2.

Additional Features
    • Premium users rejoice! Space Faerie Scratchcards are now Flash-free, so go scratch through your backlog.
    • The Gypsy Camp has been renamed to The Wanderer Camp, and items including the term gypsy have been renamed.
    • The "Help" board has been moved to the "General" section of the Neoboards.

Bug Fix
    The "Premium" link in navigation when viewed on smaller devices should now redirect to the appropriate page for non-members.

Known Issues

• We are actively working on improving accessibility across the mobile-friendly parts of the site. This process may take some time, so we appreciate your patience and support.
    • Some alerts and notifications in the alerts dropdown aren't updating correctly, including Trudy's Surprise.
    • When resizing your browser window on desktop, the Space Faerie Scratchcards will scale down, but won't scale back up again.
    • We'll be looking at having features like wheels and scratchcards update your Neopoints counter immediately without needing to refresh the page.
    • Error messaging for score submission in HTML5 games still need further adjustment.
    • Navigation FAQ
    • Confused about where to find something? Read this to learn more about some of the navigation features still in progress.

Q. I can't find where to update my avatar for the Neoboards!
    A. Neoboard settings will eventually be found within a new, consolidated and easier to navigate settings system.

Q. How do I find my pet's petpets?
    A. We hope to bring petpets to the homepage, so that they can be seen sitting next to their Neopets and can be interacted with from there.

Q. The "Take Photo" button when I interact with my pet doesn't do anything!
    A. We are working on revamping the "Send Your Pet" feature to integrate with social media platforms in addition to the current email and neomail options. This button will become active once this feature has been updated.

Q. The search button doesn't do anything!
    A. We are looking to revamp site search functionality with improved features and a layout for results more adaptive to different devices. An initial version of the feature very similar to the classic site search is planned for release first, with the more robust update coming seperately later.

Q. I can't find links to certain pages on the new map-less map pages!
    A. Hidden secrets and easter eggs are an important part of the Neopets experience. While its unfortunate that you'll have to get to some of these secret pages through other means for the time being, we didn't want to spoil everything during this transition. However, Flash-free visual maps have been in the works and will be rolled out soon.

What's Next

• The Wheel of Monotony
    • The Winter Holiday theme (this week!)
    • The Valentine's Day Theme
    • Additional Flash games have been going through Quality Assurance and will be released soon.
    • We'll be looking to add unconverted non-Flash games and the appropriate wheels to the work in progress beta gamesroom soon

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-27-2021),Erik. (01-27-2021),Zapdos (01-27-2021)