14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Quote Originally Posted by oventoast View Post
    I like the updates but honestly wish I could use the classic version on desktop. Someone (who is smarter than me) needs to make a greasemonkey script that ends every relevant url with /classic or something lol. please i can't do this anymore lol
    You are in luck! @(you need an account to see links) created a script to do just that!
    (you need an account to see links)!

Edit: Awe darn, seeing below that apparently most pages no longer allow this, thats a shame. Sorry about that T.T
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 08-07-2021 at 07:12 PM.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

yesnt (08-08-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    12d 22h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by oventoast View Post
    I like the updates but honestly wish I could use the classic version on desktop. Someone (who is smarter than me) needs to make a greasemonkey script that ends every relevant url with /classic or something lol. please i can't do this anymore lol
    Sadly this wouldn't even be that useful anymore. Most pages you can't use the /x trick at the end of the webpage to revert back to classic now. And they're constantly updating more and more each week. It's a shame, I hope in the future we get a classic skin (I'd even pay for it.) I'm not holding my breath though.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Invent For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Thanks for this thread! I definitely like how I see less greyed out items on the new customisation link. Can't wait until pet slots are released....hopefully thats really soon. It would be cool too if players could be awarded like an extra pet slot each year on their account creation birthday without having to purchase it with $$$. Maybe not automatic, but like you have to collect in on your account day similar to the cupcakes with pets. I know subeta does a loyalty box that offers this and other options too (like painting your pet) which I think is a very nice touch.

I'm slowly getting used to the new beta layout but still feel and agree that the classic layout was better for desktop. I do like how some of the themes look on it. One thing I miss though is the pet side bar with the stats and how the pets sometimes say something there.

I think TNT needs a feedback form on their help page. I know there's an ideas/suggestions board but seems like it is not monitored. I suppose who could submit feedback via a ticket but a feedback form would just be much better than this and the neopian times editorial kinda being like a feedback form lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Invent View Post
    Sadly this wouldn't even be that useful anymore. Most pages you can't use the /x trick at the end of the webpage to revert back to classic now. And they're constantly updating more and more each week. It's a shame, I hope in the future we get a classic skin (I'd even pay for it.) I'm not holding my breath though.
    Ah that's a shame, I've been a way for a few months so I didn't realise that trick was mostly patched. When I get chance I'll have a bit more of a look and see if there's anything that can be done to my script, but I'm not holding my breath.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yesnt For This Useful Post:

Invent (08-08-2021)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    A bit late, but if anyone missed this from yesterday:

What's New

Games
    After gathering feedback from a group of users and making fixes, we are finally releasing the next batch of HTML5 games! Check them out below:

Updated Maps
    Drumroll please... Reintroducing the maps of Neopia Central, Kiko Lake, Altador, and Terror Mountain!

Random Events
    Something has happened! Random events are back on the mobile-friendly pages of Neopia, where you can have a bank error in your favor or even get a visit from Dr. Sloth himself!

Bug Fixes
    We've been squashing a few bugs since our last release! Here are some fixes you may have already noticed:

• Wheels will no longer disappear when clicked on and fail to display prizes.
    • Wheel of Monotony no longer spins indefinitely if the player switches tabs.
    • Database updates and miscellaneous fixes.

Known Issues
    • The Faerie Bubbles Game has a balancing issue where colours not remaining in-game will show up to shoot, making the levels very difficult to pass. We are working to address this issue ASAP.
    • You cannot currently collect neopoints after playing the new games, we are working to update this week.

What's Next
    • The team is still hard at work bringing additional Pet Slots to Neopets! We’re aiming for a holiday release.
    • We are bringing a fresh new look to the Advent Calendar just in time for the holidays. More details to come!
    • Call us cartographers, we are continuing to improve and bring maps up to date for the site.
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 10-22-2021 at 11:05 AM.

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Erik. (10-22-2021),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (10-29-2021),j03 (10-22-2021),kittyray (10-22-2021),Lemonfox (10-22-2021),Lyrichord (10-22-2021),Mario2302 (10-22-2021),TsUNaMy WaVe (10-25-2021),valora (10-24-2021),Winona (10-23-2021)