DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Shouldn't be done. If the person had a reason to harm another person and a good one, there shouldn't be a penalty. :/

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Sorry I didn't read the first post. If the person is guilty I would be glad to give them a death sentence if this is their third time in jail. I feel this way because the government is wasting our tax money on other people's faults. The average person gets 60k in money used in a Jail sell for a year :/ now that is a lot of money.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by 13800038 View Post
    Sorry I didn't read the first post. If the person is guilty I would be glad to give them a death sentence if this is their third time in jail. I feel this way because the government is wasting our tax money on other people's faults. The average person gets 60k in money used in a Jail sell for a year :/ now that is a lot of money.
    Your main argument in favour of the Death Penalty is money? I know that economic arguments are important but surely some things are worth more than money? To my mind at least, whether someone should live or die should grant only the smallest of sway to an economic argument.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    138/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Personally, I don't support the death penalty. I would, however, there is always the chance that an innocent human being is taking the punishment for someone else's actions. Also, I believe it depends upon the reasoning. If the killer were to be defending themselves, then fine. When that person goes out and kills 10 more people, they have gone too far and should be jailed, or even killed if there is enough proof. I can't complain about the system, mostly.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    100/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hmm
    Me being from Texas, where we used the electric chair still..
    I think if someone is guilty of a crime in which they take someones life in a horrible way and can be violent to others they deserve it. Why do they get to live when the innocent person they murdered has no life?

Also, to add.. I feel as if rapists and child molesters should fry also.
    They ruin lives more the a murder I feel.
    Their victims have to deal with that trauma for the rest of their lives and have to live in fear that they might be attacked again or to have to see that person again some day. Who know.
    I don't care if they have a mental problem or what not. If you rape someone or hurt a child like that you deserve to die a horrible death.
    ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~

�Of course it hurts, it�s a spanking. How else would it work?�

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Money is what turns the world around, those starving people are dying because of no money. It's like the Ambrosia of this day and age. They are also a threat to society and have no place in this world to harm others.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    2d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I read up frequently about kidnapping, rape, and murder involving children and find that a majority of the time it has been comitted by a convict who was let out of prison for the same types of crimes. I feel very strongly about violent acts against women and children. As a child who was molested on numerous occasions growing up, I can't help but feel these monsters should be locked away forever. If you simply won't keep them locked up, then rid them of the world as they will more than likely do it again, and usually will end up murdering their victims the second time around. I would rather pay to rid them than I would to keep them alive. It may be an easier end to their life than prison, but at least there is no chance of them coming out and hurting more innocent people. So, if the act is violent enough [murder for pleasure, rape that is without a doubt rape and not a wolf cry, abduction/kidnapping] then I'm all for the death penalty.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think it should exist for persons that have murdered/tortured/raped many times even after a first arrestation/treatment. Like if they can really represent a danger for anyone by escaping or have high chances of doing those type of crimes again. Why paying jails for people that are ruining others' life?
    Death sentence should also be a choice for prisoners that are sure to stay in jail for the rest of their life.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Taking away another person's life is the most selfish action a person can commit. The only time I really agree with killing someone is in the protection of one's friends/family/self. If there's some sick fuck sitting in prison for killing another human being and it wasn't an act of protection or self-defense, then I'm all for the death sentence. I hope I'm never messed in the head enough to do that to another human being.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    We dont have it over here, but we will get it back in the future, i think!

Holland is way to soft in punishing criminals.