14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Like a mix between a journal and a scrapbook? That sounds like such a cool idea! ^^
    If that’s what youre going for, the printer might be worth it.

Adding the photos to a journal reminds me of those old Polaroid Izone Cameras! Im not sure if they even still make these or the film for them, but they were so neat! The film was decorated and sometimes I believe they came with ‘sticky’ on the back so you could slap your prints right onto your journal/notebook etc etc

Exactly what you're describing, yeah! Scrapbook x journal kind of thing. And wow I've never seen these cameras before, but that's so cool! I think Polaroid is trying to make a come back nowadays too in the instant photo scene. Hopefully I can stop waffling and make a decision on what I end up getting hahaha.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    All the stuff regarding the photo editing and stickers and sharing and shit had me roll my eyes, but I get that it'll be popular. I just hope that it isn't required at all for the main story. We replayed Pokemon Snap original this week, in preparation. My kids both really loved it, even though the controller was too big for them to use solo. Jayce moved the camera very awkwardly, which made photography a bit more challenging, but his joyful expression was worth it. Eevee actually did pretty well!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Charmander (04-30-2021)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Exactly what you're describing, yeah! Scrapbook x journal kind of thing. And wow I've never seen these cameras before, but that's so cool! I think Polaroid is trying to make a come back nowadays too in the instant photo scene. Hopefully I can stop waffling and make a decision on what I end up getting hahaha.
    That sounds like a really creative way to journal and keep memories. If you started doing that, it would be a cool topic here! How to start your scrapbook & journaling adventure! ^^
    Those cameras were really really popular around.. hmm like 2001ish? Ages ago! It was a cool way to get kids into photography without the hassle of having to gets film developed or having to spend a ton on the super fancy polaroid cameras. I could see those little printers being a hit at things like weddings or venues for concerts etc? A quick and affordable souvenir type thing. They do that too at theme parks I think? Snap your photo on a scary ride and then sell them to you. I honestly miss polaroids and have a bunch of them pinned up around my bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    All the stuff regarding the photo editing and stickers and sharing and shit had me roll my eyes, but I get that it'll be popular. I just hope that it isn't required at all for the main story. We replayed Pokemon Snap original this week, in preparation. My kids both really loved it, even though the controller was too big for them to use solo. Jayce moved the camera very awkwardly, which made photography a bit more challenging, but his joyful expression was worth it. Eevee actually did pretty well!
    Oh yes! Did a little digging and the site said ”Save photos to your personal in-game album to edit and adjust them. When you complete a course, you can adjust the brightness, blur, zoom and other aspects of your photo in Re-Snap mode. Then, add stickers, frames, and filters to add a personal touch. Share your favorite photos with family and friends in-game *. You can also see what kinds of photos everyone else is taking. See something you like? Award a Sweet! medal.’

So it seems like we can edit photos and share them for medals? Wonder if that means we can unlock in game content with the medals or if they mean anything. For what its worth, I think we can skip the editing aspects! It didnt list it as a requirement but more so just more you can do. Luckily at that, I look forward to the ability to adjust light for example, but not so keen to add stickers and frames.

That sounds like a very lovely week with the kiddos ^^ Did they have a favorite level or Pokemon? I believe the next one will utilize the motion controls, that may make it a little more manageable for Jayce! Those old controllers certainly are large and challenging to manage. The camera in the OG game was a little fussy too if I remember correct. You mentioned before that Eevee is into photography, so no surprise she did really well! Love that Pokemon snap has been something you’ve all been able to share in the OG format and now a reboot.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-25-2021),Mama Bear (04-25-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    That sounds like a really creative way to journal and keep memories. If you started doing that, it would be a cool topic here! How to start your scrapbook & journaling adventure! ^^
    Those cameras were really really popular around.. hmm like 2001ish? Ages ago! It was a cool way to get kids into photography without the hassle of having to gets film developed or having to spend a ton on the super fancy polaroid cameras. I could see those little printers being a hit at things like weddings or venues for concerts etc? A quick and affordable souvenir type thing. They do that too at theme parks I think? Snap your photo on a scary ride and then sell them to you. I honestly miss polaroids and have a bunch of them pinned up around my bedroom
    There might be others who journal/scrapbook/planner here? Might be fun to make a thread to share pics. Mine are never anything special though buuuuttt maybe if I get the instax/polaroid stuff HAHA.

And yeah! When I was in daycare as a wee kid around the time you said, some family donated a Polaroid camera (the normal kind that prints onto a square film with the white border and all) and a typewriter as toys (lol), which is where I first used these kinds of instant cameras. Super cool tech and I guess the printer was just a natural evolution of it. I definitely could see it being very fun for parties!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m

Oh yes! Did a little digging and the site said ”Save photos to your personal in-game album to edit and adjust them. When you complete a course, you can adjust the brightness, blur, zoom and other aspects of your photo in Re-Snap mode. Then, add stickers, frames, and filters to add a personal touch. Share your favorite photos with family and friends in-game *. You can also see what kinds of photos everyone else is taking. See something you like? Award a Sweet! medal.’

So it seems like we can edit photos and share them for medals? Wonder if that means we can unlock in game content with the medals or if they mean anything. For what its worth, I think we can skip the editing aspects! It didnt list it as a requirement but more so just more you can do. Luckily at that, I look forward to the ability to adjust light for example, but not so keen to add stickers and frames.

That sounds like a very lovely week with the kiddos ^^ Did they have a favorite level or Pokemon? I believe the next one will utilize the motion controls, that may make it a little more manageable for Jayce! Those old controllers certainly are large and challenging to manage. The camera in the OG game was a little fussy too if I remember correct. You mentioned before that Eevee is into photography, so no surprise she did really well! Love that Pokemon snap has been something you’ve all been able to share in the OG format and now a reboot.
    Yeah, I hope the medals are just unlocking extra crap for that aspect of the game, like new borders or whatever, as opposed to anything important or cool.

Eevee liked trying to find all the Pikachu variants, but her favourite level was the Volcano. It just has a great mixture of the beautiful, elegant and cute 'mon with the goofy or tough types. Plus it didn't involve as much finicky throwing/shooting like the River or the Valley. Jayce liked the Pokeflute, making everyone dance.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    The day has come! Pokemon Snap is now available!

I haven’t tried it on the Switch Lite yet so im not sure how it will play in 100% handheld mode.

That said..

AHHH ITS AMAZING!!! The graphics are PHENOMENAL! Its exceeded expectations in all ways. They have added to the length of the stages so its a much longer journey when you are snapping photos. The Pokemon and the interactions with them is adorable. They have added a night time version of the levels where you’ll see different Pokemon. They added enough to where it feels great to replay a level without leaving you feeling as if youre bored and stuck doing the same thing over and over. So far its been incredibly fun. My partner and I have been taking turns playing through areas and its been so light hearted and just an overall great experience.

If anyone Is on the fence about this, I encourage you to give it a try. It plays just like the first game in terms of how the controls work and what to expect, but with upgrades in all the right places. You are also not forced into sharing online or jazzing up your photos!

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Hare (04-30-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them or he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    it's fantastic in handheld mode! i don't own a television unfortunately bc i don't have space for it + it's expensive
    so i play everything 100% handheld even though i have the original model (complete with awful battery lmao)

the combination of joysticks and motion controls are very natural feeling and the performance is smooth and buttery--i haven't really noticed any frame drops!

often times i'll spot a really cool photo op and find myself naturally turning my body to stay locked onto it as it passes by, without thought -- the motion controls pair amazingly with the joycons like i said, and it also has touch controls in handheld for menus and stuff!

i'm a ho for putting stickers and frames on photos, so i'm having a blast with that, too haha

man i've been waiting for a new snap since i was a kid, so i'm super happy with this
    i'm hoping they give us some way to print stickers like we could at blockbuster back in the day, how fun would that be???
    Pip!
    Pip! Hatched April 9, 2021, as a Chameleon!
    Was magically transformed into a Bunny April 16, 2021! I'll add the other dates soon!
    *hop, hop, hop*(you need an account to see links)

please message me with additions to the high risk list! i try to keep it updated <3

i update my song pretty frequently! let me know if you like it, or if you have something you think i'll like! <3

(yell at me to draw pls)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Yeah, we're really enjoying it too. Part of me is a bit 'meh' at there still being the same behaviours/timing with each run, since it takes away from the realism, but I understand why it's there and the new research levels do help with it as well.
    We currently haven't unlocked a speed option (if there is one), but it definitely feels a bit slow sometimes. Particularly the illumina levels can drag on!

Pronouns
    they/them or he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    when i went looking for info on a speed option, the few results i found suggested there isn't one this time around, which is a huge bummer D:

but everything else is such a delightful improvement over the original that i really can't be mad! it's nice to look around and just zone out while waiting for a level to end, and i suppose they could always add the speed option in a patch, perhaps?
    Pip!
    Pip! Hatched April 9, 2021, as a Chameleon!
    Was magically transformed into a Bunny April 16, 2021! I'll add the other dates soon!
    *hop, hop, hop*(you need an account to see links)

please message me with additions to the high risk list! i try to keep it updated <3

i update my song pretty frequently! let me know if you like it, or if you have something you think i'll like! <3

(yell at me to draw pls)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Oh wow, I didn't know it already released. I have a quick question, albeit a bit silly - is there a lot of spinning/rocking or really sensitive motion controls? I have really bad motion sickness and if I constantly have to swivel the camera or go in circles I'll end up feeling ill and a nasty headache

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

Aero (05-24-2021)