Time Online
    313d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m

Pokemon Snap release date!

Pokemon Snap available NOW!

There is a new trailer as well.

It. Look. AWESOME.

We have some more information at this point in terms of the games region!

You can visit the (you need an account to see links) for some additional information!

Listed below are the Pokemon that are 'confirmed' so far.
    While its not a guarantee, they have been seen in screenshots and trailers for the game!

Is anyone else beyond excited about this!?!? Im about to dig out the N64 just to hold me over until April!

New Information from the Pokemon Presents for the 25th anniversary!

Last edited by Nyanobyte; 04-30-2021 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added Pokemon list

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-22-2021),Alister (01-14-2021),Ariealle (01-14-2021),Fabulous (01-14-2021),Herb (02-04-2021),Mama Bear (01-14-2021),radius (01-14-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    oh MAN I loved the OG Pokemon Snap!!!! I was so excited to hear this was coming and I'm stoked the release date will be soon. The original Snap did so much to give Pokemon character. I can still remember my absolute glee to catch those pictures of Mew and the way Charizard would pop out of the lava pit if you'd fling an apple into it.

Between this, Shin Megami Tensei V, and the The World Ends With You sequel, this is going to be a great year for sequels.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Fuck, this is making me want to get a Switch instead of a Switch Lite. Super stoked on this, though, I loved that game as a kid, and I too, want to dig it up, or at least see if that game survived a basement purge my parents did shortly after I left for college.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    oh MAN I loved the OG Pokemon Snap!!!! I was so excited to hear this was coming and I'm stoked the release date will be soon. The original Snap did so much to give Pokemon character. I can still remember my absolute glee to catch those pictures of Mew and the way Charizard would pop out of the lava pit if you'd fling an apple into it.

Between this, Shin Megami Tensei V, and the The World Ends With You sequel, this is going to be a great year for sequels.
    Oh gosh, the lava pit was the best. All the little Vulpix in the beginning and then the Growlithe at the end right before the Charizard. Ugh. That one was so much fun! I remember the river canyon themed one being super hard for some reason. I can�t wait for this to come out and see how it works with the motion controls for the Switch!

The World Ends With you looks really good, but never played it! Its for the DS?

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Fuck, this is making me want to get a Switch instead of a Switch Lite. Super stoked on this, though, I loved that game as a kid, and I too, want to dig it up, or at least see if that game survived a basement purge my parents did shortly after I left for college.
    I agree, it seems like it would play better on the Switch than the Lite, but either way its going to be awesome! (For what its worth, once I got the Lite the only time I touch the regular Switch is to play Just Dance. Otherwise the Lite just feels better.) For sure see if you can find your copy!

Went digging for Snap and found a bonus Stadium! So much for being productive today.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Alister (01-14-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Oh gosh, the lava pit was the best. All the little Vulpix in the beginning and then the Growlithe at the end right before the Charizard. Ugh. That one was so much fun! I remember the river canyon themed one being super hard for some reason. I can’t wait for this to come out and see how it works with the motion controls for the Switch!

The World Ends With you looks really good, but never played it! Its for the DS?
    It was originally out on the DS, but there's a Switch port for it called The World Ends With You: Final Remix. It's so freaking good. I actually just played it myself after a good friend insisted I give it a try. Low key made me not even care that I was holed up with Covid because I had an excuse to go nowhere and do nothing but play it. The soundtrack to it is unbelievable and the plot to it is really really good. I'm still working my way through the post game but I had to take a little break because the main story to it toyed with my emotions so much lol

The only thing about the Switch port is you really have to play it handheld mode, and I'd strongly recommend using a stylus. The original DS version used the touchscreen for all the actions in game, which carries over great to a handheld Switch and is truly abysmal when you dock it and try to play with joycons. But this is a great time to get into it because the sequel comes out this year and an anime adaptation of the first game starts airing in April. I can't wait omg.

oh yeah and in regards to Pokemon - I'm super jealous your N64 still works! I haven't tried to hook mine up but I wasn't able to get my Genesis to work with my TV and was really bummed about it. I'd love to play some old Stadium, Snap, and DK64.
    Last edited by Alister; 01-14-2021 at 11:32 AM.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 18h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Pokemon Snap is one of those games I never owned, but would ALWAYSSSSSSSSS rent from Blockbuster anytime we went there. Ended up buying it for Wii VC and beating it finally. tooooooo psyched for this I can't wait even one more second. Lots of new games have come out recently, even purchased, and haven't even touched yet (time, etc.). Snap tho??? oh you bet! it will be ripped opened up the second I get into the car like a child.

@(you need an account to see links), reading last second about your N64 breaks my heart. Try!! Give it a good clean and make sure all the connectors don't have dust and grime on them. Maybe seek out a new av cable (i've had to for NES twice). The gamecube ones work with the N64 if you wanted a newer version that was still Nintendo branded (am a sorry stickler for Nintendo brand. Frustrating 3rd party experiences. also idk if they make new ones of these anymore.). I've so many problems trying to get mine to work. Either the game freezes on start up, is all white, or looks like when you try to put Super Mario Bros. 3 into the NES and the curtain raising is a rainbow of colours. It works though after the abuse (dropped, cartridge tilt tricks, etc) I've given it through 20+ years. If it ever dies I will cry a million tears into it and preserve it to be buried with me (i'm not joking. they are all coming).
    Also this: (you need an account to see links)
    Use a slight twisting motion when inserting the each cable and ensure the cables are firmly pressed into the input.
    when you've been a technician you're entire life without even realizing. i thought that was my little secret.
    Last edited by Ariealle; 01-14-2021 at 01:07 PM.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    It was originally out on the DS, but there's a Switch port for it called The World Ends With You: Final Remix. It's so freaking good.
    Ah! Thats great news, I don't have a DS at this point. T.T
    You make a really convincing case, between the soundtrack and it being an emotional story! Looking it up and seeing that Square Enix had a hand in it, so you -know- its gonna be good!
    Duly noted about keeping it to handheld and using a stylus with it. Oh gosh, imagining using the joy cons to try and quickly maneuver and its just all over the place instead haha.

Awe crap, I hope Ariealles tips work and you can get your N64 up and going again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    Pokemon Snap is one of those games I never owned, but would ALWAYSSSSSSSSS rent from Blockbuster anytime we went there. Ended up buying it for Wii VC and beating it finally. tooooooo psyched for this I can't wait even one more second. Lots of new games have come out recently, even purchased, and haven't even touched yet (time, etc.). Snap tho??? oh you bet! it will be ripped opened up the second I get into the car like a child.
    Its going to be fantastic! The site had some pictures listed of the levels and the graphics look amazing! Remember how cool it was to see as a kid, like Pokemon finally coming to life since we had been limited to sprites on the gameboys or just enjoying the show. Seeing them in 3D for the first time was mind blowing. This is such a great update for a game. Ahhhhhhh!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-14-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm so excited for this. I played it at someone's house for an hour as a kid, and emulated the shit out of it as an adult. My daughter is into photography and Pokemon, so this is so perfect for her (though limiting how many she takes will definitely test her!). Thanks for the info on the release date; I'd been keeping my eyes out for more info.

The purist in me wishes it was just old-school Pokemon, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Still liked the nice touches like the super far away Lapras on the horizon, just like it used to be.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    I'm so excited for this. I played it at someone's house for an hour as a kid, and emulated the shit out of it as an adult. My daughter is into photography and Pokemon, so this is so perfect for her (though limiting how many she takes will definitely test her!). Thanks for the info on the release date; I'd been keeping my eyes out for more info.

The purist in me wishes it was just old-school Pokemon, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Still liked the nice touches like the super far away Lapras on the horizon, just like it used to be.
    Thats really cool that something you enjoyed will now be passed on and shared with your daughter! Hope she enjoys snapping great shots of Pokemon!
    Its able to be preordered now as well. I agree with you in wishing it was the OG Pokemon. It may be wishful thinking but hopefully someday they can redo the old levels and add them as DLC content. It would be so nice to see those levels revisited with updated graphics! If not that, then possibly additional levels that cater to each generation. Heres to hoping!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (01-15-2021)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    After some digging around, these appear to be the Pokemon that are 'confirmed' so far. While its not a guarantee, they have been seen in screenshots and trailers for the game!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-21-2021)