Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you follow for Food Club bets?

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    138 times
    Time Online
    59d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Can I say myself? I make my own food club bets, with varying levels of success. It's not hard to get into, but following some of the most popular people is probably the best way to get started!

can highly recommend doing food club on a few different old accounts. It's a great way to earn lots of NP.

(you need an account to see links)

🌜 ALL YOUR STARDROP ARE BELONG TO ME ⭐✨
    hatched as drake: 01.11.2021

Guides by me: (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links)

ty Dita ♥

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stardew For This Useful Post:

dididi13 (01-14-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    95d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Either WiselyAltruistic, JK or nsheng on Reddit. Wisely or nsheng if the odds are bad-ish, JK if the gamble potentially pays off really high.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-14-2021),dididi13 (01-14-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by dididi13 View Post

Interesting how they do it on Reddit. I wonder how long it takes for you to make 500k-1m from following Squigeons?

And a question for all, do you guys make your own analysis before deciding to choose which bet analysis is better? Or do you just trust in them and their expertise?
    I got my 500k+ on my first day actually aslkdfjsadlf. And then my million on my 3rd or 4th day. XD I started just last month near Christmas, and it was a ridiculously good month apparently so I got really lucky. If you go at FC consistently long enough, you'll get your high payouts sooner or later.

And I had done it before but now I'm just lazy because I realized the opening odds are already in the default betting page with food advantages/allergies etc. factored in. To my understanding, bettors run the calculations through a spread sheet to decide on their sets. Some people like going risky, others safe. And there are a few who put up safe sets and riskier sets (squigeons is one of them).

Speaking of whom, squigeons is finally back today, but my gut told me to go with jkrowlingdown so that's who I'm trying for the day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScorchEyrie For This Useful Post:

dididi13 (01-14-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by keknorris View Post
    nhseng on reddit usually. He posts 4 different startegies depend on your risk taking ability. He developed an algorithm that takes into account all past results and supplements that with food club community knowledge
    I found him. I saw him posted a post with four different sets. Thanks a lot for pointing out haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    The search function on our forum is usually a good starting place. These are both from the past 12 months, including one from 2 months ago.

Oh, it didn't cross my mind to search for it. I will do next time, thanks Mama!

Quote Originally Posted by Stardew View Post
    Can I say myself? I make my own food club bets, with varying levels of success. It's not hard to get into, but following some of the most popular people is probably the best way to get started!

can highly recommend doing food club on a few different old accounts. It's a great way to earn lots of NP.
    That sounds good, I would check out yours if you posted one as well
    Good idea to use different accounts to bet, I will do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    Either WiselyAltruistic, JK or nsheng on Reddit. Wisely or nsheng if the odds are bad-ish, JK if the gamble potentially pays off really high.
    It seems like Wisely and nsheng are quite popular. I will try out them

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchEyrie View Post
    I got my 500k+ on my first day actually aslkdfjsadlf. And then my million on my 3rd or 4th day. XD I started just last month near Christmas, and it was a ridiculously good month apparently so I got really lucky. If you go at FC consistently long enough, you'll get your high payouts sooner or later.

And I had done it before but now I'm just lazy because I realized the opening odds are already in the default betting page with food advantages/allergies etc. factored in. To my understanding, bettors run the calculations through a spread sheet to decide on their sets. Some people like going risky, others safe. And there are a few who put up safe sets and riskier sets (squigeons is one of them).

Speaking of whom, squigeons is finally back today, but my gut told me to go with jkrowlingdown so that's who I'm trying for the day.
    That's a really lucky month! Wait wait, I'm trying to make sense of your second paragraph. So, when they bet, for example nsheng, he has 4 different strategies for all different bets. So, I can actually bet four times for each different strategies? (for squigeons, he place 2 different sets of bets) Am I correct in my understanding?

I read the rules and one rules (Placing Bets) confuses me a little bit. From the rules, I somehow picked up that you can bet for arena per arena basis, and you can bet a set of arena in one shot. Eg, Shipwreck, Lagoon, Treasure Island all together. If you bet on a set of arena one shot, then you have to choose all winner in those arena correctly, or else you won't win. If one of the pirate in one arena in the bet loses, then the whole set fails and doesnt pay out. Am I correct?

Here I present you my first bet
    Last edited by dididi13; 01-14-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    I eat too much and I need to stop. Covid-19 is not helping

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dididi13 For This Useful Post:

Erik. (01-15-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    95d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    I found him. I saw him posted a post with four different sets. Thanks a lot for pointing out haha.

Oh, it didn't cross my mind to search for it. I will do next time, thanks Mama!

That sounds good, I would check out yours if you posted one as well
    Good idea to use different accounts to bet, I will do it now.

It seems like Wisely and nsheng are quite popular. I will try out them

That's a really lucky month! Wait wait, I'm trying to make sense of your second paragraph. So, when they bet, for example nsheng, he has 4 different strategies for all different bets. So, I can actually bet four times for each different strategies? (for squigeons, he place 2 different sets of bets) Am I correct in my understanding?

I read the rules and one rules (Placing Bets) confuses me a little bit. From the rules, I somehow picked up that you can bet for arena per arena basis, and you can bet a set of arena in one shot. Eg, Shipwreck, Lagoon, Treasure Island all together. If you bet on a set of arena one shot, then you have to choose all winner in those arena correctly, or else you won't win. If one of the pirate in one arena in the bet loses, then the whole set fails and doesnt pay out. Am I correct?

Here I present you my first bet
    Yes that's correct (on the whole bet falling out if 1 pirate loses, the answer is no if you can make multiple bet sets. 10 bets is the max). Also not sure if you did this or not going by your screenshot of your first bet, but you want to do all 10 bets that someone posts. This way, for example if one bet is for lucky and dan only, one bet is for dan and edmund, one is for lucky and gooblah, and one is for the four of them, if they all win except gooblah, you still win the lucky/dan and dan/edmund bets. Bet posters will spread their bets the best they can (esp. if they're playing safe) so you always win something.

Edit: 2 examples to explain it some more

Bet set 1: Spread bet

Let's say both Gooblah (2:1) and Crossblades (7:1) are in Shipwreck, with two others that are both 13:1 so not worth betting on, the others are all 2:1.

Bet 1. gooblah x dan x lucky x buck
    Bet 2. gooblah x dan x lucky
    Bet 3. gooblah x dan
    Bet 4. gooblah x lucky x buck
    Bet 5. gooblah x lucky
    Bet 6. dan x lucky x buck
    Bet 7. dan x lucky
    Bet 8. lucky x buck
    Bet 9. dan x buck
    Bet 10. crossblades x dan

So you want to spread your bets and get as many 2:1 bets, because they are most likely to win. In this case, Crossblades (7:1) also has a fair chance, so he was covered in one bet as well. So if Gooblah loses, but Crossblades loses too, but the others all win, this means you won bets 6,7,8,9. If Gooblah lost but Crossblades won, you also won bet 10. If Gooblah and Lucky both lose, you still win bets 9 and 10. In all 3 cases, you will win some profit.

Bet set 2: Safety bet

In this case, all areas except Shipwreck have competitors from which 3 are 13:1 and 1 is 2:1, who are considered very solid pirates. Shipwreck though, has 1 2:1 pirate (Edmund), 1 3:1 pirate (Federismo), 1 7:1 pirate (Franchisco) and one 12:1 pirate (Tailhook). So some betters decide to cover these all, since they're close together. This bet would look like this:

Bet 1. edmund x dan x lucky x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 2. federismo x dan x lucky x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 3. franchisco x dan x lucky x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 4. tailhook x dan x lucky x gooblah x bonnie

After this, they'll spread some extra bets, just in case someone from the other areas will lose to a 13:1 pirate (like Bonnie for example).

Bet 5. edmund x dan x lucky x gooblah
    Bet 6. lucky x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 7. dan x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 8. federismo x dan x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 9. federismo x lucky x gooblah
    Bet 10. franchisco x dan x gooblah x bonnie

This way, you have a fairly safe bet set, but also a bet set that could win a lot (If you win bets 4, 6, 7, if you win bets 2,6,7,8,9, or if you win bets 3,6,7,10). But if Gooblah loses then you're out of luck with all of these. Which he will sometimes, but Gooblah (and also Buck and Dan) are considered safe and solid pirates, as they often win, so most people use this as the basis for their bets.

I hope this helps I don't design my own bets but I've been playing for a while. If someone can explain better than me then they're welcome to.
    Last edited by Erik.; 01-15-2021 at 06:03 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

dididi13 (01-16-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yes that's correct (on the whole bet falling out if 1 pirate loses, the answer is no if you can make multiple bet sets. 10 bets is the max). Also not sure if you did this or not going by your screenshot of your first bet, but you want to do all 10 bets that someone posts. This way, for example if one bet is for lucky and dan only, one bet is for dan and edmund, one is for lucky and gooblah, and one is for the four of them, if they all win except gooblah, you still win the lucky/dan and dan/edmund bets. Bet posters will spread their bets the best they can (esp. if they're playing safe) so you always win something.

Edit: 2 examples to explain it some more

Bet set 1: Spread bet

Let's say both Gooblah (2:1) and Crossblades (7:1) are in Shipwreck, with two others that are both 13:1 so not worth betting on, the others are all 2:1.

Bet 1. gooblah x dan x lucky x buck
    Bet 2. gooblah x dan x lucky
    Bet 3. gooblah x dan
    Bet 4. gooblah x lucky x buck
    Bet 5. gooblah x lucky
    Bet 6. dan x lucky x buck
    Bet 7. dan x lucky
    Bet 8. lucky x buck
    Bet 9. dan x buck
    Bet 10. crossblades x dan

So you want to spread your bets and get as many 2:1 bets, because they are most likely to win. In this case, Crossblades (7:1) also has a fair chance, so he was covered in one bet as well. So if Gooblah loses, but Crossblades loses too, but the others all win, this means you won bets 6,7,8,9. If Gooblah lost but Crossblades won, you also won bet 10. If Gooblah and Lucky both lose, you still win bets 9 and 10. In all 3 cases, you will win some profit.

Bet set 2: Safety bet

In this case, all areas except Shipwreck have competitors from which 3 are 13:1 and 1 is 2:1, who are considered very solid pirates. Shipwreck though, has 1 2:1 pirate (Edmund), 1 3:1 pirate (Federismo), 1 7:1 pirate (Franchisco) and one 12:1 pirate (Tailhook). So some betters decide to cover these all, since they're close together. This bet would look like this:

Bet 1. edmund x dan x lucky x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 2. federismo x dan x lucky x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 3. franchisco x dan x lucky x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 4. tailhook x dan x lucky x gooblah x bonnie

After this, they'll spread some extra bets, just in case someone from the other areas will lose to a 13:1 pirate (like Bonnie for example).

Bet 5. edmund x dan x lucky x gooblah
    Bet 6. lucky x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 7. dan x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 8. federismo x dan x gooblah x bonnie
    Bet 9. federismo x lucky x gooblah
    Bet 10. franchisco x dan x gooblah x bonnie

This way, you have a fairly safe bet set, but also a bet set that could win a lot (If you win bets 4, 6, 7, if you win bets 2,6,7,8,9, or if you win bets 3,6,7,10). But if Gooblah loses then you're out of luck with all of these. Which he will sometimes, but Gooblah (and also Buck and Dan) are considered safe and solid pirates, as they often win, so most people use this as the basis for their bets.

I hope this helps I don't design my own bets but I've been playing for a while. If someone can explain better than me then they're welcome to.
    You explained it perfectly well! I had a go with two accounts and I did a mistake with my first account, I didn't fully follow the bets leaving the last one behind. And the consequence is that I failed on the first account because the last bet is the winning bet! Haha. How unlucky. But, I did properly for my second account and got 80% return for the overall bet So I lost around 30k NPs, but that's a good lesson.

Today's bet looks a little tricky and everyone says it's hard to make right bet, so I'm going to bet on nsheng's strategy on my first account and jkRollingDown's strategy for my second account. Hopefully both or one of it hits good odd

Let's say today's a bad day bad odd, would you go for riskier bet or would you play safe? I'm thinking on the days like this, the odds would be high and the chance of getting good win is high.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I always go with Garet! (/~boochi_target)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    95d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    You explained it perfectly well! I had a go with two accounts and I did a mistake with my first account, I didn't fully follow the bets leaving the last one behind. And the consequence is that I failed on the first account because the last bet is the winning bet! Haha. How unlucky. But, I did properly for my second account and got 80% return for the overall bet So I lost around 30k NPs, but that's a good lesson.

Today's bet looks a little tricky and everyone says it's hard to make right bet, so I'm going to bet on nsheng's strategy on my first account and jkRollingDown's strategy for my second account. Hopefully both or one of it hits good odd

Let's say today's a bad day bad odd, would you go for riskier bet or would you play safe? I'm thinking on the days like this, the odds would be high and the chance of getting good win is high.
    I'm skipping today! I do so when the odds are too sucky like now

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuras View Post
    I always go with Garet! (/~boochi_target)
    Oh Garet is not on reddit right? I shall check him out

I'm skipping today! I do so when the odds are too sucky like now
    I see I'm betting again to see if I'm lucky or not haha. *fingers crossed*

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dididi13 For This Useful Post:

Erik. (01-16-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I've been following Garet for almost 6 years and have profited nearly 200m. Love that guy. I have an old ass account though.