6/0
    Mentioned
    339 times
    Time Online
    79d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m

The Science of Well-Being

There are tons of free resources floating around since covid began, but this one came particularly well recommended so I'm sharing it:

(you need an account to see links) by Professor Laurie Santos. She is a cognitive scientist and professor of psychology at Yale. Her credentials are summarized (you need an account to see links). She also hosts (you need an account to see links)podcast.

I'm hoping it's heavily informed by data / research given her background because I've spent a few too many hours on obligatory wellness and resilience content for work and they tend towards the fluffy. I shall report back with my findings! And if you have other good shit to recommend, I am all ears !

you know when someone asks "why are you so dressed up"
    and you have to literally explain to them that this is who you are

asking the important questions

thanks @extraterrestrial for capturing my essence

anyway here's my petpet

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fabulous For This Useful Post:

bootiesrus (01-11-2021),Buizel (01-12-2021),Da Plushee Boree (01-11-2021),Extraterrestrial (01-11-2021),Ice (01-11-2021),kittyray (01-11-2021),Mama Bear (01-11-2021),Nyanobyte                      (01-11-2021),Sephora (01-11-2021),♥ Yuumi ♥ (01-11-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,154 times
    Time Online
    549d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I know we were talking about this on discord, but I'm glad you shared it here! Plus seeing it in multiple places means I'm more likely to follow through with it. I agree that a lot of this stuff can end up being fluff or can feel kind of eye-roll-y if you've done any amount of serious therapy, but I know the good shit is out there and some it overlaps with the skills you learn in DBT/CBT/et cetera, anyway.

Shit's been weird and continues to be weird, so it probably can't hurt either way!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (01-11-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I had to lead a team of our staff through mandatory wellbeing training this year too. Some elements of it were good, prompting people to reflect on their own triggers to fight/flight/freeze etc, and gaining empathy and insight into those around them. I particularly liked that it was a mixture of teachers, aides and support staff, to get out of the bubbles of just thinking about those we directly work with. Too few people bother to connect with the cleaners etc. There were definitely aspects that I felt like a tool leading though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (01-11-2021)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    312d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Oh! I think I have something to contribute to this. I cam across (you need an account to see links) on reddit a few months ago. It has over 40 resources like books, worksheets, workbooks etc to help people cope with a lot of things they could be struggling with like anxiety/fear, depressions but also has some sections for self compassion, unhelpful thinking styles, assertiveness etc that may be of use! The first comment of that posts lists to where its all stored.

TW: In the spoiler is an image of the resources gathered and link, but it names some mental health issues in there. So warning ahead of time if that�s something that could be sensitive.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (01-11-2021),Ice (01-11-2021),kittyray (01-11-2021)