Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Monster Hunter Rise demo now available for a limited time!

  1. #1
    Nyanobyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    648
    Userbars
    19
    Thanks
    2,333
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 557 Posts


    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Time Online
    100 d 5 h 42 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 32 m
    Rep Power
    6

    Monster Hunter Rise demo now available for a limited time!


    Available from January 7th - February 1st 12am PST / 3am EST
    During the above period, the demo will be available for download on the Nintendo eShop

    Quick rundown
    - This is a free demo of Monster Hunter Rise for Nintendo Switch.
    - You need a Nintendo Account in order to access the Nintendo eShop.
    - You need 1.6GB of free space on your Nintendo Switch or your microSD card to download the demo.
    - Up to four players can play the demo in Local or Online Multiplayer, as long as each player downloads the demo.
    - In order to use Online Multiplayer, a Nintendo Switch Online membership is required.
    - The quests for Great Izuchi and Mizutsune can only be played a total of 30 times.
    - Once you've reached this limit, all 4 quests, including the Basic Training Quest and the Wyvern Riding Training Quest, will no longer be available.


    There are two tutorial missions and two full hunts! We have all 14 weapon types available to try out as well!

    By completing the demo, you will be able to claim in game items once the game is released.
    (Providing you purchase the game and do not delete the saved data from your demo).

    The item pack will award:
    20 Mega Potions
    5 Pitfall Traps
    10 Energy Drinks
    5 Mega Demondrugs
    5 Mega Armorskins



    SO EXCITED TO CHECK OUT THE PALAMUTES
    So far I've done one of the basic training tutorial missions and if you are a fan of Monster Hunter, you're going to really enjoy this!
    I usually dislike preordering games, but will be making an exception for this one!

    Here is the official page for MH!

    The full game launches March 26th!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

    Brittany (1 Week Ago),Mito (1 Week Ago)

  3. #2
    Brittany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Location
    I wish Japan
    Age
    25
    Posts
    892
    Userbars
    13
    Thanks
    1,168
    Thanked 760 Times in 341 Posts


    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Time Online
    99 d 13 h 43 m
    Avg. Time Online
    53 m
    Rep Power
    8
    I got the collector's edition of this game! I put a ton of hours into Monster Hunter World, but hated sitting in front of my PS4 lol. I've been wanting a new MH for the switch for a while and I can't wait ~ I'm primarily a bow user and the controls seem super fluid on the switch, it'll just take some time to get used to it.

    In the meantime, I'll probably practice with the Switch Axe and Dual Blades since I always wanted to try those out.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brittany For This Useful Post:

    Nyanobyte (1 Week Ago)

  5. #3
    Nyanobyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    648
    Userbars
    19
    Thanks
    2,333
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 557 Posts


    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Time Online
    100 d 5 h 42 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 32 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    I got the collector's edition of this game! I put a ton of hours into Monster Hunter World, but hated sitting in front of my PS4 lol. I've been wanting a new MH for the switch for a while and I can't wait ~ I'm primarily a bow user and the controls seem super fluid on the switch, it'll just take some time to get used to it.

    In the meantime, I'll probably practice with the Switch Axe and Dual Blades since I always wanted to try those out.

    Congrats! It looks like its going to be such a great game! Likewise have been waiting since MHW for one to come out for the switch! World was my first MH game and fell in love with it quickly. How do you like the bow? Is it tough to master? I 100% recommend trying out the dual blades, I used those exclusively in world and they are just so much fun to work with. The only downside is that they can do low damage at times despite you having a lot of speed, so it can be a pain taking on some of the bigger monsters solo. (Or maybe I just suck which is also hella likely xD)

    I agree with you in that the controls feel very fluid on the switch. Was a little weary coming from the PS4 to a handheld but its just so much fun already. (Oh my gosh and Palamutes are just the most adorable aslsakslaksa)

  6. #4
    Double.Trouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Where do YOU live?!
    Posts
    816
    Userbars
    11
    Thanks
    1,640
    Thanked 923 Times in 344 Posts


    Downloads
    20
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Time Online
    36 d 3 h 49 m
    Avg. Time Online
    18 m
    Rep Power
    8
    I've actually never played a Monster Hunter game, so I'm excited to try!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Double.Trouble For This Useful Post:

    Nyanobyte (1 Week Ago)

  8. #5
    Brittany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Location
    I wish Japan
    Age
    25
    Posts
    892
    Userbars
    13
    Thanks
    1,168
    Thanked 760 Times in 341 Posts


    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Time Online
    99 d 13 h 43 m
    Avg. Time Online
    53 m
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Congrats! It looks like its going to be such a great game! Likewise have been waiting since MHW for one to come out for the switch! World was my first MH game and fell in love with it quickly. How do you like the bow? Is it tough to master? I 100% recommend trying out the dual blades, I used those exclusively in world and they are just so much fun to work with. The only downside is that they can do low damage at times despite you having a lot of speed, so it can be a pain taking on some of the bigger monsters solo. (Or maybe I just suck which is also hella likely xD)

    I agree with you in that the controls feel very fluid on the switch. Was a little weary coming from the PS4 to a handheld but its just so much fun already. (Oh my gosh and Palamutes are just the most adorable aslsakslaksa)
    MHW was my first game too! I originally played Monster Hunter Stories on the 3DS as my first handheld MH game and it was cute and at least introduced me to most of the monsters.

    As for the Bow, that weapon carried me in MHW. I don't like playing online so I solo'd most monsters, but the thing I was always wary of most was stamina. Always made sure I had items on me that kept it full at all times and traps. Capturing a monster and just shooting at either detachable parts or the head along with the rain attack on the bow was so helpful. Playing your cards right with multiple headshots would also keep them in a somewhat permanent stun as well.

    The bow is very easy to learn and with this demo, I slayed both monsters fairly quick using the bow. It's really dependent on where you hit the monster and how often you can do so. I also like how easy it is to dodge as well. Idk how it is for most weapons, but when I played World, it got to the point where I just knew the right spot to stand with the bow to not only narrowly avoid an attack, but to also be close enough to do max damage. I would have thought I'd stay as far away as possible using it, but I only really stay far away when I'm fighting a heavy hitting monster and trying to learn their pattern.

    I'll give the dual blades a try though! I'm fine with doing low damage since I can probably take the time to learn the monster better haha. And the Palicos and Palamutes are too much!! ;A; I already loved the cats in World and now I get a dog too, bless.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brittany For This Useful Post:

    Nyanobyte (1 Week Ago)

  10. #6
    Nyanobyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    648
    Userbars
    19
    Thanks
    2,333
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 557 Posts


    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Time Online
    100 d 5 h 42 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 32 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Double.Trouble View Post
    I've actually never played a Monster Hunter game, so I'm excited to try!

    Thats awesome! I hope you have a good time checking it out, its a lot of fun! It can be a lot to remember at first, but once you get going its a breeze ^^


    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    MHW was my first game too! I originally played Monster Hunter Stories on the 3DS as my first handheld MH game and it was cute and at least introduced me to most of the monsters.
    .
    Ah! Thats awesome! Seems like it was a starting point for a lot of people! I had heard about it on 3DS but for some reason just stuck to Pokemon and never really branched out. Im with you on playing solo, its just a lot more peaceful. Or at least as peaceful as it can get while slaying monsters. xD

    Duly noted on the bow. Keep an eye on stamina and aim well! Ooo keeping them stunned sounds badass and very convenient! Going to give the bow a chance and feel it out. You’ll do awesome with dual blades, it seems as if the dodge areas/hit boxes are similar. Using elemental blades and dash dodging will be your best friend! The downside is they have a stupidly short range which makes some of the bigger monsters a little tricky, or flying monsters. They get stamina hungry in demon mode as well.

    Can not wait to get to customize the Palamute and Palico. Its just too much cuteness!
    -Though I hope the Palicos heal and act better in this one because sometimes in world I stg they would just never be there when needed most. T.T

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •