Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: slow drivers: dangerous or conscientious?

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    78d 23h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    Here in Australia, you can get ticketed for driving in a way which negatively affects others. This includes going unreasonably slowly. As others have said, depending on road/weather conditions, obviously it can be fine, but the situation you outline in the OP, with someone going like 15 below for no reason, is not ok. It's more likely to increase road rage, as others have said, as well as risk-taking behaviour, as people try to get past the block.
    yes!! 100% this. i wish it was a more commonly ticketed offense where i am. there's a service road by my apartment complex that i take every morning on my way to work since it's a direct way to the highway. the speed limit through there is 45mph and it is posted at least 3 times the entire duration of the road. i kid you not, i would say on average, 8/10 drivers on that road go 30. it makes NO sense whatsoever and it infuriates me. i already have a little bit of a short fuse but i didn't know if i was being impatient or rude if someone was just "trying to be safe". there will be 4 cars behind them and they don't even care!! how is this not ticketable?

@(you need an account to see links) OMG!!! i hate that!! that's dangerous too tho imo. people who swerve out of the way because the person in the front of them is going slow. they're like "ope sorry for the next person". i understand as a driver you need to be prepared for that at all times, but if i don't see brake lights in front of me, i'm not gonna think to brake too?

i'm so glad i'm not in the minority of being angered by these drivers. my mom and boyfriend are always like "yOu NeEd To ChIlL" and i'm like "BRO i could have been there 56 minutes ago." also, i'm a shit magnet and it doesn't matter what time of day or where i'm going, i find the slowest mofo on the road or a semi truck on a residential street. i feel like the universe is oftentimes testing my patience and it's pretty much gone at this point. i can't stand not getting to do something (i.e. getting through a green-to-yellow light) because of SOMEONE ELSE!
    Last edited by team rocket; 01-08-2021 at 10:24 AM. Reason: corrected spelling.

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    100% a hazard to be going slower than the speed limit. Where I live its legal to do U-Turns in most places, in fact going down the road you will often find ‘breaks’ in the median to just turn around (not at red lights either, like legit breaks in the median on a 45-60mph highway). The issue this causes is that instead of staying in the right hand lane so faster traffic can pass on the left, people will often camp in the left lane, going slower than the flow of traffic because they know they need/want to turn soon. Heaven forbid you stay in the right hand lane until you need to get over and do so then and only then. It also usually causes gridlock because the person will camp in the left, and nobody can pass on the right as there are also slow people in the right lane. So you get stuck, can’t pass, road rage from at least one person ensues and it gets sketchy for everyone involved.

Usually they will also suddenly hit the breaks and throw their turn signals on -if at all- and then back up the left lane even more as they crawl to a halt to turn. Its frustrating and causes accidents constantly. STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE IF YOU WANT TO GO SLOW.

Slow drivers are dangerous. Stay in the right lane. T.T

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

team rocket (01-08-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I feel as if its more reactivate. Im fine with slow drivers if they are in there own lanes but if they are merging slow.. thats when it gets upsetting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bernbomb For This Useful Post:

team rocket (01-11-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    What's more frustrating is that those slow drivers don't care of the cars behind them. Especially when they are driving on the fast lane with a few cars flashing and horning them. They only make the cars at the back angry and cause more road rage. General rule of thumb is to avoid hogging the road and let the cars pass if you have some road anxiety or unfamiliar with the roads, if you love stress, then hog the road haha. Usually I stay on the slowest lane if I'm feeling tired and wanted to drive slower.
    I eat too much and I need to stop. Covid-19 is not helping

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dididi13 For This Useful Post:

team rocket (01-15-2021)