Thread: Anyone managed to circumvent the catpchas on NP user/pet lookups?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Anyone managed to circumvent the catpchas on NP user/pet lookups?

I have a bunch of shells that I need to go through and check, but I thought rather than doing it by hand I'd write a quick script to go through and check the user lookups for anything that looks noteworthy.

I know this sort of script has existed in the past but they all seem to be from before recaptcha was brought in for these pages.

My language of choice is Node.js and I have used Puppeteer to automate plenty of browser interactions in the past, Puppeteer also has a plugin to solve recaptchas so I didn't think it would be a problem. But try as I might I can't get the actual recaptcha to show on headless chromium using Puppeteer.

It gets to the "our meepits are working diligently..." page and I have the script waiting to solve the captcha when it appears, but the captcha never shows up. I've never had this problem on an actual browser so I've gotta figure NP might be cleverer than I realised and somehow it knows it's an automated/headless browser and some extra protection kicks in and it doesn't show. But at the same time maybe it's something really basic that I can change the settings to fix.

Has anyone attempted or managed this?

Thanks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Try setting the useragent if you haven't already...
    Code:
    await page.setUserAgent('Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4346.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/89.0.731.0')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately though I have already set the useragent.

I tried setting it to my actual useragent from my browser and also using the NPM UserAgent package (which generates a random UA) but it seems neither have made a difference :/