28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    There are EIGHT Bridgeton children, so I really hope that the following seasons follow more of the others' zany Victorian adventures!

I too binged the ENTIRE THING in one sitting, all while exclaiming things like, "Wow, I can't believe that this is we're are teaching young women in 2020!" and "I'm not sure about the toxicity of this relationship???" and "That opera singer is HOT af."

Overall, a fun, stupid enjoyable watch. I loved the modern twist on the music and the sets/costuming were to die for, and I greatly enjoyed seeing a period piece that fed me many hot people doing things like removing gloves sensually and boxing and talking about embroidery.
    Maybe there will be a time jump in S2 to see the younger children older....

Btw, did you know the girl that plays Penelope is 33 in real life??? I don't even.... she looked 13-15 the WHOLE SHOW.

Makeup and wardrobe is SUBLIME. I'm impressed.

Also yes, the Opera singer is hot. I was a bit bummed when that reveal happened

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I watched it, but I didn't like it. It was a bit too anachronistic for me, and the random changes to Daphne's character after she leaves Grosvenor Square didn't make sense to me, seeming only to be in the series for added drama. (SPOILER below)

I have a friend who read the books, who said that the emotional arc she goes through with the Duke after (SPOILER below and potential TW for consent issues!)

is handled much better in the books.

The actress who played Penelope is one of my favorites, though (I knew her from Derry Girls). I think she did well with her character, and her friendship with Eloise is adorable!
    Last edited by Flordibel; 01-03-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    I watched it, but I didn't like it. It was a bit too anachronistic for me, and the random changes to Daphne's character after she leaves Grosvenor Square didn't make sense to me, seeming only to be in the series for added drama. (SPOILER below)

I have a friend who read the books, who said that the emotional arc she goes through with the Duke after (SPOILER below!)

is handled much better in the books.

The actress who played Penelope is one of my favorites, though (I knew her from Derry Girls). I think she did well with her character, and her friendship with Eloise is adorable!
    I didn't know if talking about that bit was okay (and deleted my spoiler about it), but it sort of... put me off the whole thing and the last two episodes subsequently felt very grimy to me. Hence my hope that they move on and focus on some other, hopefully less problematic Bridgertons.

Eloise is the best and I would love to see Victorian lady-Holmes please!

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    I didn't know if talking about that bit was okay (and deleted my spoiler about it), but it sort of... put me off the whole thing and the last two episodes subsequently felt very grimy to me. Hence my hope that they move on and focus on some other, hopefully less problematic Bridgertons.

Eloise is the best and I would love to see Victorian lady-Holmes please!
    I added a TW to it, just in case!

Regency lady-Holmes would be absolutely delightful; having to work within the strict structure of society whilst trying to solve mysteries? Fabulous.