DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I have some common fears like needles, cockroaches, claustrophobia and some mild fear of big insects.

However, last 4 years, I discovered I have a new fear. A fear of darkness. I thought I don't fear of darkness, because I didn't react so much in darkness.. Until one day, I was having a road trip with my best friends. We wanted to watch sunrise on a beach, so we look for the nearest beach around us. There are a few, ranging from 2 hours drive to 4 hours drive.

So, we decided to go to one beach listed on Google Maps, which is quite obscure and it has very little reviews. There are great pictures posted though! So off we go, after staying up for hours playing board games and hanging out. It was great drive, until we are about to reach the beach. We have to drive into a small dirt road with factories around. At first we thought it's fine, because some great untouched beaches are hidden in those area. We continued on driving, passing by factories with their lights shining down the road. And here it starts to get creepy.. There's no more factories, and the road became even more unclear, I had to drive slow to make sure I didn't run into some tree. And, after 5 mins of driving, it started to get extremely dark. It's so dark that I can't see 2 meters away, I started to worry I might drive into a river or sea. And, suddenly I squealed and started to tear up. My body started shaking because of the trauma and I just stopped the car. My friends tried to console me and said we should turn back. After 30 minutes trying to calm down and getting another beach location, we turned and never look back again. That's how I discover I fear darkness.

I would never do that again. I can't imagine going some outback trip with no road or building lights, it's too much for me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm afraid of snakes in the wild and also weird flying insects that are aggressive.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    26d 17h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    On a heavier note, I�m afraid of becoming egotistical. I always try to practice humility because I�m scared of my pride getting out of control. I even realized in retrospect I sabotaged my first relationship because I was testing my partner to see if they could be firm and stand their ground, and bring me back down to earth if I ever needed a reality check (spoiler, they couldn�t). My current partner is much stronger and is able to tell me if I�m being unfair or unkind.

On a simpler note, I�m afraid of my cat jumping up on the partial wall that blocks off our staircase, and falling off when I�m not home.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anybody For This Useful Post:

Gorilla (03-19-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have social anxiety so my anxieties are going to be a bit different. Wearing a mask has helped with it a lot though, I don't know if anyone has found it to be helpful.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    20d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Okay, some of these are weird. Don't laugh.

- needles
    - pain
    - bathtubs
    - murky/dirty water
    - wet hair
    - overdosing on medications

and then, I'm not afraid of these, but I HATE the way they feel: cotton balls! YUCK!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It honestly feels like everything some days. Big ones I guess are driving, the dark, and the ocean/any water I can't see the bottom of. Some water I can see the bottom of too I suppose if it's deep enough. Who knows what the hell is down there.

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 19h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Being alone and spiders

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Gorilla (03-19-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    41d 16h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Social situations. And birds and rodents.
    I never felt like a Loser when I was with any of you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    It�s weird to think little less than a decade ago I was totally fearless(reckless) and now every little thing makes me lose my shit. I wonder if that�s something that happens as you get older or is it just me?
    I think my biggest fear is failure, I don�t know why but I never feel like there�s a plan B. Other fears are humiliation, fire(I love candles but I hate lighting them and it�s always in the back of my mind that it will somehow get knocked off and set the house on fire), getting in a car accident, being crippled, and oh the list is long I should probably stop here
    Last edited by vulkren; 03-19-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    77d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    59m
    I hate most bugs, the dark and I have a slight issue with sight of blood from others.

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!