Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    Afraid of being alone Almost anything can be overcome with the right team so it's when I'm by myself that everything can fall apart!
    I am the opposite! I like to be alone, it's when I think better, I learn better (from books and stuff from the internet) and I feel better. I do like to spend time with my boyfriend and my family though, but I love to be alone.

I think my biggest fear is to lose my loved ones.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny Villa For This Useful Post:

Gorilla (03-25-2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    22h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Dying alone and being abandoned. I've been fucked up badly by several bad breakups to the point where I question my self worth. I've never recovered. At my lowest point I was laying in my bed at dawn crying "I am garbage! I am garbage!" while my mom tried fruitlessly to comfort me.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by team rocket View Post
    the last week or so i've been experiencing random episodes of extreme nausea which fucks with my stomach anxiety. aka, i have emetophobia, or fear of vomit[ing]. if my belly is ever nauseous i immediately become anxious and think i'm gonna throw up and get all sweaty and my heart starts pounding. seeing other people throw up, seeing vomit, hearing it, or anything that has to do with me being around someone throwing up will set me off. i've had this since i was about 8 years old. any situation that i couldn't easily get out of if i had to throw up makes me sweat. planes, amusement park rides, the dentist, church (when i was younger), etc. and i always have to know the location of a bathroom. my anxiety meds have helped a ton with this, but i still struggle with it intermittently. i used to not be able to sleep, i couldn't eat anywhere besides my house, and if i was somewhere where i saw or heard vomit, i associated that place with it and couldn't go there anymore.

more non traditional, non day-to-day things that scare/bother me:
    - being stranded in the middle of the ocean
    - the ocean in general. whales, sharks, the deep unknown (although i'm also fascinated by it)
    - the physical act of being pregnant & giving birth (which is gonna be difficult cuz i want kids badly)
    - FILTH!! especially bathrooms/toilets (like porta potties, outhouses, etc.)

whatever you are afraid of, you're not alone! it always helps me when there are others who can understand my plights and offer support. so what about you? what are you afraid of?
    I have never met anyone with almost the exact same fears as I do. I have had emetophobia since my junior year of high school. I got sick and my teacher wouldn’t allow me to get up from my seat, and it stemmed from there and only got worse over the years. I have such an extreme fear of getting a stomach bug or being near someone with one that all it takes is someone to say they aren’t feeling well and I begin to panic and get weak kneed. I used to have a horrible time sleeping because I would worry if I heard anyone get up in the middle of the night that they might not be feeling well. Since Covid and with places being more vigilant about cleaning, I’ve finally settled down a bit. But it has made me somewhat OCD about cleaning and making sure food is prepared correctly and that my hands are always washed before eating anything. I also fear public bathrooms and dirty restrooms because I’m worried I will contract something from them. I have daily disinfecting routines that I do that are absolutely exhausting. I know exactly what you are going through and I would never wish it upon anyone. I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had this from such a young age.

I don’t necessarily have a fear of the ocean, but I have reoccurring dreams of waves sweeping me underwater and trying to run from them and get to shore as I’m being pulled under. I’ve had these dreams for years and I’m not sure why. I do have a fear of seaweed or trees underwater. I used to swim out in the middle of lakes next to a boat growing up and I never had a bad experience, so I’m not sure why I’m so worried about waves and drowning. I could never scuba dive.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ciri For This Useful Post:

team rocket (04-21-2021)

Pronouns
    Sponge
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    45d 21h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Ok Im gonna get in on this... I have 3 big fears/phobias..

The first one is emetophobia also... I have always been scared of throwing up. It's to the point where I get the shakes, the sweats and I feel like I am gonna pass out. Thankfully I keep dramamine and/or promethazine with me at all times.

My 2nd and biggest fear is arachnaphobia. I hate spiders so much. I go into a panic if one is near me. I have been known to scream and cry. It's embarrassing.

My 3rd fear is flying. I had a major panic attack in my late teens when I flew to Tampa one time. I shaking and crying because I honestly believe we were going to crash and I was going to die. I had flown before that and didnt have a problem, but this one time was horrible. And there wasn't even turbulance so I don't know why I had the panic attack. On my way home to fly back, I took like 4 dramamines and I fell asleep on the plane.

Never been on a plane again and never will...

and those myfriends... are my fears.
    http://clraik.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12084_2.gif
    I am a little obsessed with a certain yellow sponge.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpongeBob For This Useful Post:

RicoBandito (04-21-2021)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    A lot of us have the same fears! I fear my parents and partner dying. Self sabotage worry. They are still here with me alive and well but when I think of life without them I get sad. Maybe not a fear? I am terrified of heights. Partner wants to skydive. Worst fears combining.
    userbar made by the talented lyrichord

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 8h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I've had a deep rooted fear of large and deep bodies of water as long as I can remember. My first nightmare I vividly remember was me swimming in the ocean, when all of a sudden my view zoomed several hundred meters down and I looked directly into the eye of a whale. Just typing that out made me shudder lol. I'm also not very fond of whales. They're fine as a model drawing and on land (where they shouldn't be!), but chuck a whale in water and I will cry.

Closely related to that fear imo is seeing large objects under water. Huge propellers, the bow of a ship, a submarine? Again, I will start panicking. Submechanophobia!

Not sure if this counts as trypophobia, but seeing many little objects arranged closely against each other on a surface induces severe nausea and discomfort, and the image will pop into my head for a few weeks following after seeing it first. Two descriptions of what I mean, no pictures:

Other than those irrational fears, I'm afraid of my family or partner dying. And witnessing their death.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I am very much afraid of not succeeding. I always felt that I was made for a special purpose. I always believed that I was capable of more. My main fear is to remain a failure.