Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What video game are you playing?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    127d 3h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m

What video game are you playing?

I'm sticking this here in Spam since it may not necessarily be online gaming.

I'm about to start The World Ends With You and I'm really excited about it. I have a good friend who always recommends the perfect games for me (suggestions like Dead Island, the Yakuza games, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night) who has been insisting I play it for years, and I'm finally going to start it now that I've got nine (nine!!!!!!!) days off from work. If anyone else has played it, especially if you have an opinion on playing the Switch port vs the original DS version, I'd love to hear what you think. I read mixed things about the Switch port, which is the version I have, but it sounds like the issues are really more prevalent if you try docking the Switch. I'm fine just playing in handheld mode.

Anyone else starting a new game around the holidays? Or what's highest on your current backlog?

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Buizel (12-19-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    15d 18h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'm very late to the party but I finally got a nintendo switch lite. I'm loving it! I found a cheap one on fb marketplace. I got animal crossing, spyro, and breath of the wild to start out with. My wishlist of wanted games is huge. Looking forward to shin megami tensei 5, I believe spring 2021.

I'm definitely gonna get the console at some point. I still have a few unfinished games on 3ds and ps4 :p

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FrankOcean For This Useful Post:

Alister (12-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    I recently finished Watch Dogs Legion and am working my way through AC Valhalla at the moment. We picked up Kingdom Hearts 3 for $9 yesterday, so even though I'm angry at them for pushing it back so much, but that price was just too good to walk past.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Alister (12-19-2020),cornishwall (12-19-2020)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    359d 2h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I mostly game on my switch nowadays and am slowly working through my backlog. Atm, I'm cycling between Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Dragon Marked for Death, and Rune Factory 4. Whichever I just happen to be in the mood to play lol. I had about 200+ hours of RF4 on my 3DS (because this game is amazing), so it'll probably be more on my switch.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Alister (12-19-2020),cornishwall (12-19-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    127d 3h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankOcean View Post
    I'm very late to the party but I finally got a nintendo switch lite. I'm loving it! I found a cheap one on fb marketplace. I got animal crossing, spyro, and breath of the wild to start out with. My wishlist of wanted games is huge. Looking forward to shin megami tensei 5, I believe spring 2021.

I'm definitely gonna get the console at some point. I still have a few unfinished games on 3ds and ps4 :p
    I bought BotW two years ago and keep putting off starting it. It does look like a lot of fun, and I'm told it's fine if I've never played a Zelda game before, but I think the sheer scope of the game is a little daunting.

I am so excited for SMT 5 omg. It's the game I look the most forward to, next to Hollow Knight: Silksong. I've only played 4 and 4: Apocalypse (replayed 4 this year and played 4: A for the first time back in July) and I love them so much. I abandoned Animal Crossing to play Apocalypse...I've spent so much more time on my DS than my Switch this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    I recently finished Watch Dogs Legion and am working my way through AC Valhalla at the moment. We picked up Kingdom Hearts 3 for $9 yesterday, so even though I'm angry at them for pushing it back so much, but that price was just too good to walk past.
    $9 is such a good price for a new game. Kingdom Hearts is another one of those series that seems very daunting to get into as a newcomer. My same friend that recommends games to me LOVES it, but also tells me the lore is super dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    I mostly game on my switch nowadays and am slowly working through my backlog. Atm, I'm cycling between Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Dragon Marked for Death, and Rune Factory 4. Whichever I just happen to be in the mood to play lol. I had about 200+ hours of RF4 on my 3DS (because this game is amazing), so it'll probably be more on my switch.
    I actually haven't heard of any of those three...I have almost no games for my Switch so I'm definitely game for recommendations if you have one. If any of those are (J)RPG or dungeon crawlers or platformers, those are what I've been craving lately.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I'm slowly working my way through AC Valhalla too! I finished up the DLC for AC Odyssey earlier this month before getting started on it, so I'm not far yet, but I'm enjoying it more than Odyssey - less of the repetitive missions that really start to feel like a pointless grind while maintaining a similar and enjoyable combat style, and the map seems endless.

I asked for Demons Souls and Immortals: Fenyx Rising for Christmas, so hopefully I'll have some fun new games that look awesome from trailers and reviews to spend my free time on in the new year!

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    359d 2h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I actually haven't heard of any of those three...I have almost no games for my Switch so I'm definitely game for recommendations if you have one. If any of those are (J)RPG or dungeon crawlers or platformers, those are what I've been craving lately.
    I can give some recommendations! Immortals is very much like BOTW just with Greek gods and goddesses lol. I actually put well over 200 hours into BOTW as well before I burned out, so I went into IFR with the same attitude, and idk what it is, but although this game is very much like BOTW, it's actually really well done. It's almost like it took some of the negative aspects of BOTW (weapons breaking, repetitive shrines) and worked off those to make it better. The dungeons you go through are actually very well thought out, and from the 40+ hours I put in it so far, I haven't been bored in the slightest. It does have a lot that you can do/collect, so that aspect is still the same, but the humor is also funny to me since the gods tell jokes here and there (although it can be pretty hit or miss).

Dragon Marked for Death is an action role-playing game that's kind of like an RPG with quests and level gaining. The reviews I've seen said it may be better or fun to play with friends through multiplayer, much like Monster Hunter, but I'm not really big on multiplayer games honestly...though it is definitely playable for single players. The gameplay is kind of like a hack and slash through your missions, and I'm not too far into it yet (less than 15 hours overall), but I like it! A downside is that the characters are split up into separate "games". One pack/game is $15 for 2 characters and another $15 for the other 2. I bought them all together for $30, which comes with the DLC as well, but idk why the makers decided to go through with such a confusing decision.

And RF4 is basically a farming game with monster fighting haha so if you're into farming games, I recommend this and Stardew Valley. The monster fighting / farming tie in very well together, and like any farming game, it'll have a slow start up, but once you get going and build up your farm/character, then you can just take the story at your own pace. I like that there isn't a rush to really do anything, and that there isn't a random difficulty spike that'll just bog you down and hinder you from playing.

Other than that, I'd recommend definitely watching a few reviews of these games on YT. If you like dungeon crawling though, you should also try Hades! It's a rouge game in which once you die, you "start over" but carry all your progress/upgrades on each run. It won a lot of awards this last week or so on the game awards show, and everyone I see online say they recommended it.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Alister (12-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    42d 7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I started the new Hyrule Warriors game! Mostly wanted to pick it up to learn about some pre-BOTW lore. Hasn't been as deep story-wise as I hoped, but I'm having a good time with it anyways.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    79d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I'm replaying Pok�mon Super Mystery Dungeon!! I only played it through once upon release and literally forgot the whole storyline so I'm having a blast. There's so many plot twists, some which literally have me gasping haha. The dungeon games seriously have some killer plots, better than the mainline ones imo.

I applaud how difficult it can be too. I'm on the final boss and I've died 3 times in a row lol.

Super refreshing game series! If you're a Pokemon fan and haven't played any you're in for a treat (they're also super tearjerk-y. they really hit you where it hurts in the end).

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m