Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what are some things you accomplished in 2020?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    21h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    At the risk of sounding too depressed: I didn't KMS.

Also figured out I'm one of the Asymptomatic/Immune to Covid peeps. Not sure which, still wearing a mask.

Which is kinda nice since I'm also in the high risk group for it...so /shrug .One less thing to worry about.

I also finished a book I wrote and had it up on the amazon kindle store for a while before taking it down and posting it for free because the maybe 50 bucks I made in sales wasn't worth as much to me as people actually reading it. So that was fun. I'd like to do that again.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dirtylittleliar For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-01-2021),Gato (07-07-2021),MKM (07-13-2021),team rocket (01-04-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    12h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I finished my final year project of my design higher diploma, it was hard to not to give up like half of ny classmate were deferred or quitted, I really appreciate myself for the fortitude. And I bought a new gaming chair on 2020, I really enjoy making my room under my control, like making it as I will be comfortable here as possible, it's really becoming my own room but not just a place I sleep. I bought cuddly plushies, some snack baskets, I also tidied up my room, donate clothes I don't want anymore, bought new computer hardwares like keyboard, mouse, mouse pad. The feel of having a little shelter for myself is the best. This is really a great accomplishment, like I'm only 20 yo now, I didn't keep doing part time jobs before 2020, and I keep doing the job on 2020 and saved money to decorate my room. It's very good that I can have my own income to buy things I want and no need to argue with my family for asking them for money.

I also make quite a lot of amazing friends when I came back to play Neopets. And I fixed my broken relationship with a friend that we argued hard and didn't talk anymore by sending him a happy birthday. Becoming maturer would be also an accomplishment for me, I have better emotion control and better way to communicate with ppl than before, I can feel my improvement. And it encouraged me to try to get in touch with more ppl.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heph For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-01-2021),kittyray (04-01-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I landed my dream job in 2020, even though by the end of the year the company unfortunately suffered a significant financial loss and I had to be laid off before Christmas (second layoff last year due to Covid-19). But it did open the door to my current position in a company closely related, so I’m thankful for that! My current position is stable and offers more benefits and a higher rate of pay. I also reached a huge milestone in my online business and hit record sales in 2020. Everyone was spending their stimulus payments and I was fortunate enough that a lot of people chose my shop to purchase from during that time.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I know that we're well into 2021, but looking back and realizing accomplishments to see how far you've come isn't my forte, so I'm trying to recognize movement and growth a bit more:
    * We sold our apartment and purchased a house, which we've been slowly repainting/remodelling. Wish we'd done before and after pictures because it is insanely nice in here compared to when we moved in!
    * I discovered the career goal I want to achieve and mapped out a career path to get there. There was a bit of a blip with my job and I've since ended up somewhere that isn't ideal, but I am making the most of it and clawing to gain relevant experience that I can use to further my goals.
    * Acquired some good technical skills for my field
    * Made some incredible friends on and offline ^-^

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Thank you, it made me stop and reflect on the good things that happened (I focus too much on the bad ones lol)

-made RL friends (was a completely loner before)
    -made some plans to get my life in pieces (not going well, but I have to start somewhere)
    -moved to a new apartment (which allowed me to have more freedom from my family)

It ain't much, but it is something I am happy with.