Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what are some things you accomplished in 2020?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    -Finally left a non-career job I was kind of stuck at because I loved it (spoiler for mess)

-Which leads me to point two, I applied for law school - fingers crossed!
    -Also finally pursued an ADHD diagnosis and spoiler I was right, I have it, so I�m starting medication now and hopefully that�ll help
    -Met my niece! Common-law-step-niece technically but basically my brother�s partner has an adorable kid, and they�ve reached the milestone �serious enough about this being forever to introduce her into our family.� She�s 5, she�s so funny, I love her. Also in general this has been the year I�ve really gotten to know both my brothers� partners & feel like I have sisters-in-law now
    -Redid a bunch of parts of my apartment, it looks awesome
    -Got two tattoos! Love them both, and they also mean I finally decided that I do want to like, become a tattooed person lol. I�ve always loved tattoos in general but was super indecisive about what I wanted / clinging to �but what if I miss my bare skin.� No regrets, and I honestly wasn�t prepared for just how much more they�d make my like my body.
    -Joined a new DND group that I�m really excited about
    -Got an iPad Pro and started learning to draw digitally, have made pretty good progress I think
    -Learned to skateboard lol
    -Had an overall rocky year relationship-wise with the most important person in my life, but in a way that was needed and I think we�ve established some key things / are in a place to move forward stronger

For a year that felt unbelievably stagnant it actually... changed a lot more about my life than any of the last several.

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

kittyray (12-19-2020),team rocket (12-19-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Thanks for this positivity thread; after the year we've had it feels good to look back and think about the high points of 2020.

-did 2 of my own "nanowrimos" over the summer when quarantine was at its peak, resulting in drafts of my very first novels! the first being ~87k words and the second being around 85k words. I still have to edit them but honestly I am SO proud of these (even though they're dung :p)
    -started drawing again, I haven't done art in literally 5-6 years (gee, the years I was off neo, go figure haha) so this felt really good (s/o to ck and returning to neo to give me motivation to be graphically creative again!)
    -got engaged to my partner, wasn't sure if this was going to happen (since we had been together for nearly 5 yrs and lived together for almost 3-4 I just kept thinking to myself if they wanted to get married, wouldn't they have proposed by now? >< turns out quarantine had just ruined their proposal plans for the whole year because they wanted to do something public lol)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (12-21-2020),kittyray (12-19-2020),Sephora (12-19-2020),team rocket (12-19-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    TY for the positivity thread. I need some of this in my life.

1) Got several more pages done of my novel over the spring and summer, and started typing the draft (over 200+ pages typed now!)
    2) Did a ton of new artwork and experimented with several new mediums
    3) Discovered more fun crafts to do, like making all kinds of jewelry
    4) Got back into Neopets
    5) Got back with my old therapist who is miles ahead of any other therapist I've ever had in terms of putting me on the right track and treatment
    6) Got meds sorted out

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pl4st For This Useful Post:

aitooh (12-20-2020),Ice (12-19-2020),kittyray (12-19-2020),team rocket (12-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    79d 8h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    hall ya guys!!! you should all feel pride about your accomplishments thank you for sharing. i love reading these!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to team rocket For This Useful Post:

Ice (12-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 20h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    Congrats everyone, on your accomplishments! I've been kind of in a slump lately and reading this thread makes me motivated to keep pushing for my own goals.

Here are my 2020 accomplishments:

- Auditioned for 3 NFL Cheerleading teams in the United States. (Didn't make any, but the coach of my favorite team noticed I improved a lot from last year)
    - Took 3-7 hours of dance classes every week in jazz, ballet, hip hop, and contemporary and made progress in every style.
    - Got promoted at work
    - Made roughly $900 through spot awards, which is my company's employee recognition program.
    - Saved about 30% of my annual salary and will be purchasing a car next week.
    - Started coding for fun again
    - Legitimately played to All-Star in the Neopets Altador Cup and beat many of my records from former years
    - Legitimately obtained 5 game avatars which I previously thought were too hard
    - Achieved my dream closet on Neopets (thanks to the NC sellers on here!)

Chanel the Ryugotchi by (you need an account to see links)
    yassified-o-lantern by (you need an account to see links)
    Userbar by (you need an account to see links)

Chanel was hatched 11/15/2020

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sephora For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-01-2021),Cinnamoroll (12-21-2020),kittyray (12-20-2020),team rocket (12-19-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I fucking suck at this kind of thing because I'm never comfortable acknowledging that I did something good, but I'm trying.

-I started making really good progress with the job search before shit shut down, and started doing better again when places started hiring more. I still really wish I could say "I GOT A JOB IN MY FIELD" here, but the industry I'm in has an interview process that I'm much worse at relative to my ability to do the job, so making progress and hitting final round interviews or having them end due to hiring freezes vs me freezing up when answer questions is still an accomplishment.

-I was one of the lucky few who ended up keeping my day job and got to work more, I learned a lot and pushed my comfort zone in a few ways. Don't want to get too detailed because personal work stuff.

-I created a lot of shit. Learned some new crafts. Tried new things. For years I've been too depressed to put more than a small amount of energy into making things and things I enjoy. I made stuff I shared here, I made stuff I shared with classes I'm in, I made stuff to share with friends and family. idk I just am really happy about it.

-Pivoting off that, I managed to cope through everything. Like, I've definitely not been okay and I definitely had my moments, but, broadly speaking, I had the skills to keep my head above water, ask for more help when I needed it, lined things up on the back burner, and in general didn't go spiraling. This isn't something that would have been possible a few years ago for me.

-Even if it died shortly after, I had a non-succulent plant last a year without getting killed by me OR my cat.

-I stayed within my building, but I moved apartments all by myself for the first time in my life.

-I've gotten at least a little better with not couching everything in self-deprecation and constantly apologizing for my existence.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

aitooh (12-20-2020),Alcremie (12-21-2020),Cinnamoroll (12-21-2020),Sephora (12-20-2020),team rocket (12-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    - Finally stopped secretly binge eating after ~11 years. I didn't even set it as a goal, as I'd lost hope I could do it.
    - Wrote some stories, though not as many as I'd hoped.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aitooh For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (12-21-2020),kittyray (12-20-2020),team rocket (12-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by team rocket View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) i'm jealous. i would love to go back to school, but i'm still paying off my undergrad degree. i know how much of a punch in the gut it can be not making the grades you think you should be making, and i was in the exact same boat. switched majors and did much better. it made me feel better about myself too.

what are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm doing a history major for undergrad, but I want to get a Masters in information for grad school. Specifically Library Science & Digital Archives. ^^

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

team rocket (12-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    85/0
    Mentioned
    198 times
    Time Online
    95d 2h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Read all 25 Jack Reacher books

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peanutface For This Useful Post:

team rocket (12-23-2020)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    - I completed a study at work but sadly could not present it at a conference but now it is in the works of veing published in a peer reviewed journal!
    - I managed to remodel a bathroom and bedroom in the house
    - finished x3 paint by numbers. And I do not want to see another for a long time!
    - got back into an amazing futness routine. I haven been this active since before my kiddo so like 4 year. Thank you Peloton app for making workouts fun again!

I am now trying to improve my xbox gaming skills so I can play more with my husband. I totally have golf handled but NHL and COD are another story lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

team rocket (12-28-2020)