8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Questions about giving +rep

Hi everyone! Hopefully this isn't too much of a repeat question - I've been through the guides and didn't find anything that specifically addressed what I was looking for.

I gave +rep to a post a few minutes ago, and while it says the max positive rep I can give is 2, it wouldn't allow me to do so, saying that the max positive rep I can give to anyone at all is 1. (When I went back and tried 1, it worked fine.) Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting conflicting numbers here?

I replicated this on another post for the sake of screenshots, so here's what I've got:

Also, since it says that the max positive rep is 2 (even though in my case it apparently isn't), what does the "rep power" number actually mean? Mine is currently 6 (as seen below) and I always presumed that meant I could give someone 6 +rep at a time, but that's clearly not the case, and now I'm curious about what it actually means.

Thanks in advance for any information/help anyone can provide! Sorry for my strange coloured screenshots - I have problems with my eyes and keep everything on a forced night mode.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Winona For This Useful Post:

Nimoligist (12-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 56m
    +rep 6 means you can give a total rep of 6 then you get a cooldown. But most of the time you should only rep a person +1 unless the post is extremely helpful and worth more than 1 point

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bowsette For This Useful Post:

Winona (12-10-2020)

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfiction View Post
    +rep 6 means you can give a total rep of 6 then you get a cooldown. But most of the time you should only rep a person +1 unless the post is extremely helpful and worth more than 1 point
    Ah, that makes sense, thanks for the answer! Explains the cooldown period, too. I (at least used to) give 2 +rep when someone's being particularly helpful but I'm not sure why that ability has disappeared...