Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally bit the bullet and joined!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Hi Night, I'm so glad that you're here! Welcome to Clraik~

Wow, you've been playing Neopets for such a long time! What are your favourite things to do on Neopets/what keeps you coming back to it? I personally like collecting avatars and I also recently got into customizations (right when the Brazilian NC cards are being nerfed, sigh).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Welcome to ck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aglett For This Useful Post:

Nightingale (12-07-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Hey there @(you need an account to see links)!! Welcome to cK! I'm Rachel, it's nice to meet you

You are definitely in good company here! Besides buying the occasional NC items (lol), I'm mostly legit, too - but it helps to have a community of people who are laid back & don't care about language, expressing their frustration when obnoxious shit happens, and, in all honesty, for a bunch of cheaters, are some of the most loyal neofriends I've ever had!!

I think it's safe to say that we're all a little (or a lot) annoyed with Neo management, LOL, but dangit... if the nostalgia of the site doesn't keep us coming back time and again!

Great to have you here!!

Pronouns
    he/him, they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylai View Post
    Hi Night, I'm so glad that you're here! Welcome to Clraik~

Wow, you've been playing Neopets for such a long time! What are your favourite things to do on Neopets/what keeps you coming back to it? I personally like collecting avatars and I also recently got into customizations (right when the Brazilian NC cards are being nerfed, sigh).

For me, it's the character creation aspect that always keeps me coming back. That's about the only thing Neopets does "right" imo: I have yet to find a pet site that allows you to essentially create a whole custom web page for your OC, and dress them up, read them books on top of all that, etc. I've found one that comes close, but Neopets is where I cut my teeth on character building, and I encountered so many awesome artists back in the day (and still encounter them now) that come up with such cool and compelling stuff! Not to mention the creative aspect of the Neopian Times and such. That's one thing I'll really miss if the site does go under. I read so many NT stories after school back in the day.

I've been trying to build up my own pets' pages more and I'm hoping to do so once I finally have more free time this winter break. I won't say what I'm majoring in, but it's one of those intense fields that wants everything done yesterday so it's hard to manage anything creative atm, though when I get back on my Neopets bullshit anything is possible. I just spent all day doing a major assignment in the span of one day after working an 8.5 hour night shift, send help/melatonin y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    I think it's safe to say that we're all a little (or a lot) annoyed with Neo management, LOL, but dangit... if the nostalgia of the site doesn't keep us coming back time and again!
    Nice to meet you too, Rachel! And yeah, that about sums it up. I'm mostly on Neo these days to enjoy having the kind of account I WISHED I could have as a twelve year old. XD That's one thing that feels good about it all aside from raging against the machine every once in a blue moon.
    Last edited by Nightingale; 12-07-2020 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Tired brain did a stupid

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightingale For This Useful Post:

Rylai (12-07-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Welcome to the community @(you need an account to see links)

Even if you're not into cheating, this community itself is a great reason to stay. It's sad that we can't link our main accounts to our accounts here because it'd encourage a lot more open communication and sharing but alas - such is neolife.

Hope to see you around the forums and if you ever cross the line to the darkside.... just know we have cookies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    Nice to meet you too, Rachel! And yeah, that about sums it up. I'm mostly on Neo these days to enjoy having the kind of account I WISHED I could have as a twelve year old. XD That's one thing that feels good about it all aside from raging against the machine every once in a blue moon.
    Yessssss, RIGHT?! Hahaha, I really honestly didn't care about account improvement or even really about my pets until I was like... late teens, into my 20s. I remember being so upset when some girl in my 7th grade class got a Christmas PB from the Wheel of Excitement once. That, to my 12 year old self, was like... a sign that you had MADE IT. And I'm pretty sure my pet got Neopox once, and I couldn't afford the dang pizza to cure it, LOL.

It's crazy to see what we're capable of now, and the stuff I've been able to get through my time here (...I mean, I play legit now, but I haven't *always* been, hahahah) and it opens up so many more doors.

Plus, legit, I've met people through here & through Neo that I would consider good friends, if not some of my best (lookin' at you, @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) ).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Drizzy (01-23-2021),Maki (12-07-2020)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    When I'm not screwing around on Neopets, you can find me painting DnD minis and binge watching true crime videos on Youtube.
    Are you me??

Welcome to clraik! The legit life is definitely as respectable as crossing over into the dark side. Go at it at your own pace, but cK is the best place to pop the cheating cherry Have fun ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Nightingale (12-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    85/0
    Mentioned
    198 times
    Time Online
    95d 3h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Welcome, welcome. I suggest you work on getting a little Ryu. They are such fun to take care of. It really makes you a part of the community

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peanutface For This Useful Post:

Nightingale (12-08-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Hello and welcome, Nightingale! We are happy to have you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Nightingale (12-08-2020)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    156d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Welcome to cK! I love me some true crime as well! But I am more of a Podcast listener while I do stuff. I'll have to chek out the YouTube option though even though I'm afraid I'll be sucked down a rabbit hole haha. Welcome again and glad to see another member!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Nightingale (12-08-2020)