Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally bit the bullet and joined!

Pronouns
    he/him, they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Cool Finally bit the bullet and joined!

I'm Nightingale, but y'all can call me Night if you like. New to CK but I've been on Neopets in some fashion for going on 15 years. Started when I was in the single digits watching my parents play it back in the early 2000s. I've been looking for a chill place to talk about Neopets for a while now since it's one of the oldest interests I have, especially one where I can finally say what I really think and occasionally use The Fuck Word.

I have some strong opinions about Neopets and the way it's managed. Like, essay-level amounts of opinions, which I may share here someday, and tbh after lurking here over the past week or so I've felt right at home given that - FINALLY - I've found a place out there with other people who feel similarly. Still love my pets tho, even when the site (not to mention its management) just keeps endlessly rolling downhill.

I play as legit as humanly possible these days, but if I ever get wrongfully iced, I'm a step away from joining the ranks of all the Neopian Crimelords who came before me. When I'm not screwing around on Neopets, you can find me painting DnD minis and binge watching true crime videos on Youtube.

It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm not the greatest at socializing and I'm incredibly busy most days, so apologies in advance if my response time is all over the place. orz

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nightingale For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-07-2020),BowerZ (12-07-2020),Unown (12-07-2020)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Hey Night! Welcome to Clraik, glad you’ve decided to join!
    You’ve certainly come to the right spot in seeking a chill place to discuss Neopets & occasionally swear, haha. Hopefully someday you share those opinions!

Ohhh! True crime is great, what channels do you watch you YouTube? I've been hooked on 'That Chapter' lately for the true crime fix. ^^

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Hi Night and welcome to cK! So glad that you found us and our many opinions, and looking forward to hearing yours!

The forum is a wonderful place and with so many members interested in all the things, even if you're not into the Neopets Crimes, I promise you'll find lots to do and lots of people to connect with!

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    I have some strong opinions about Neopets and the way it's managed. Like, essay-level amounts of opinions, which I may share here someday, and tbh after lurking here over the past week or so I've felt right at home given that - FINALLY - I've found a place out there with other people who feel similarly.
    YES YES this is exactly how I felt when joining and even stronger now with the NC Cards stuff. I still can't get over that.

Welcome, Night, to clraik! Very happy to see new people join

I love binging yt too, but I watch all sorts of stuff, especially nexpo and other creepy stuff. You got any favorite Youtube channels for true crime?

Same about playing legit, I'm too scared to lose my pets that I've grown attached to. But if I ever get iced - I've always got friends here. I hope to see you around and chat sometime

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie ❦
    ~~~~

Pronouns
    he/him, they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Hopefully someday you share those opinions!
    I spend plenty of my time thinking alone at the back of a grocery store in the middle of the night, so they'll probably come out sooner rather than later. I've been bottling them up for way too long now... not that TnT would listen or care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Ohhh! True crime is great, what channels do you watch you YouTube? I've been hooked on 'That Chapter' lately for the true crime fix. ^^
    Usually stuff like the Fifth Estate for interesting regional cases, plus assorted documentary playlists (the pros of growing up sans cable - every ten year old ID documentary on Youtube may as well be brand new by my standards). How much I watch "true crime youtubers" depends on my mood, but BFU and Kendall Rae's videos are pretty good too imo, "basic" as they may be considered by some.

Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    Hi Night and welcome to cK! So glad that you found us and our many opinions, and looking forward to hearing yours!

The forum is a wonderful place and with so many members interested in all the things, even if you're not into the Neopets Crimes, I promise you'll find lots to do and lots of people to connect with!
    Oh I'm interested - I do enjoy the one-person chess game of outsmarting their algorithms and flying under the radar a little too much for my own good. But for now I'm laying relatively low on the one main I care about. One day TnT will free(ze) me from the shackles of my remaining shred of decency and I will unleash chaos upon them, but hopefully today is not that day because my pets are baller.

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoop View Post
    YES YES this is exactly how I felt when joining and even stronger now with the NC Cards stuff. I still can't get over that.

Welcome, Night, to clraik! Very happy to see new people join

I love binging yt too, but I watch all sorts of stuff, especially nexpo and other creepy stuff. You got any favorite Youtube channels for true crime?
    (Oh man there's so many of y'all and I can't type fast enough rip. Thanks Digipoop!)

I like creepy stuff too! Aside from the channels above, I like Haunt Me, Mindseed, and the Lights Out podcast. Basically anything that's kinda creepy, weird, and intriguing makes for good background entertainment in my case!
    Last edited by Nightingale; 12-07-2020 at 03:12 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightingale For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Welcome! I said the same thing as you, I play legit but then I found the other side, and gotta say, I am enjoying it more.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    462 times
    Time Online
    150d 2h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Hello @(you need an account to see links) ! Welcome welcome to cK! Happy that you were able to find your way here. Playing any game with parents is always the best, I swear. They have very good taste. We (I? Me? Just me?) love The Fuck Word here, so please enjoy and use to the best of your ability.
    You had me at essay-level opinions, so if you are at any point ready to share, please do! It is nice to see what people have to say about something we all love. Good or bad, you'd mostly be agreed with I'm sure.
    It's okay to human play! I try my best to as well. Sometimes though there are just fun perks on here that say, "hey, come try me. I'm life changing." They really are.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

Pronouns
    he/him, they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth77 View Post
    Welcome! I said the same thing as you, I play legit but then I found the other side, and gotta say, I am enjoying it more.
    They make it so easy, don't they? I'm on two other virtual pet sites, and neither of them are ones I've ever dreamed of cheating on. Namely because the gameplay is actually good on both of them, and neither site's management team goes out of their way to be shitheels to their end users by uber-banning them at the slightest infraction (or none at all for that matter) and then treating them like the scum of the Earth after doing so. Cheating on a website where the general userbase is treated with disdain (or a holier-than-thou attitude at best) is hardly something I find unconscionable at this point, not after I watched so many talented, legitimate players I looked up to get driven away from the site. :/

It's hard to feel bad for TnT when they act like that, much as they like to cry about the cheating epidemic Ruining the Game. I mostly play out of spite these days. I was there when I was ~6 years old watching the old pre-scientology Neopets unfold, and I'm gonna go down with the ship, calmly playing the violin while the waves finally claim it for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    You had me at essay-level opinions, so if you are at any point ready to share, please do! It is nice to see what people have to say about something we all love. Good or bad, you'd mostly be agreed with I'm sure.
    E: (again!) Thanks, Ariealle! I'm glad I'm in good company. My current thesis is something along the lines of, How The Scientologist Owners (Possibly) Shaped Neopets' General Culture of God-Awful Treatment of their Users. I'll need to do some more digging, but after looking up the parallels between certain things Neopets does and certain things scientology does... it's a bit eerie, to say the least, and it's one of those things that's hidden in plain sight!
    Last edited by Nightingale; 12-07-2020 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Edited for clarification.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightingale For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-07-2020)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 6h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Welcome to clraik, @(you need an account to see links)! Glad you could join us. This is definitely the perfect place for you.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    462 times
    Time Online
    150d 2h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    E: (again!) Thanks, Ariealle! I'm glad I'm in good company. My current thesis is something along the lines of, How The Scientologist Owners (Possibly) Shaped Neopets' General Culture of God-Awful Treatment of their Users. I'll need to do some more digging, but after looking up the parallels between certain things Neopets does and certain things scientology does... it's a bit eerie, to say the least, and it's one of those things that's hidden in plain sight!
    You're very welcome. And you are indeed in good company. That sounds like a good read. I've never really cared for anything Scientology, but in the past few years, learning more about it, kinda scary. To me anyway.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Nightingale (12-07-2020)