Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are any of you pretty much done with neo because of this new site layout?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    200d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with Peanutface. After being there for 18+ years, its beyond ingrained into my daily life and habits. No matter how much they mess up, how much NC I refuse to buy, despite the canceled premium, hell or high water I'll ride this ship until it sinks to the bottom. I'll stay for the love of my pets, characters and time I've already sunk into it all. I may dislike TNT/staff a lot, and disagree with their decisions, but I just don't have it in my heart to leave until it ends on its own.
    Summed up my sentiments exactly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to corazon For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    I don't mind the layout. But it can be better. Not a reason though for me to be done with neo because of it.

I'll stay around for a while and still see how it goes. They've been interactive with the players this year than any of the previous years in my point of view.
    Seeing that they are putting some effort at least, in running the whole site.
    Last edited by Doge; 12-04-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with Peanutface. After being there for 18+ years, its beyond ingrained into my daily life and habits. No matter how much they mess up, how much NC I refuse to buy, despite the canceled premium, hell or high water I'll ride this ship until it sinks to the bottom. I'll stay for the love of my pets, characters and time I've already sunk into it all. I may dislike TNT/staff a lot, and disagree with their decisions, but I just don't have it in my heart to leave until it ends on its own.
    This is me too haha. I definitely won't be done, I'll eventually get used to it just like how in 2007 the site layout changed

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellybelly For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    People were pretty mad when they changed from the older layout to the current one in 2007 and when they splurged banner ads on the header, footer and side in 2005. I think they should have a seperate layout for desktop and mobile instead of combining it all into one. They currently have an option to switch between the classic style and the beta mobile layout, why not keep that feature on final release?

My main gripe with the TNT is that they're just not producing good content. I remember there was a sense of optimism when Jumpstart bought out Neopets in 2014 and here we are six years later criticising every single decision being made on site. Its quite clear the current TNT are extremely out of touch with the remaining playerbase and are not willing to invest into features we want. Not to mention the piss-poor communication they have with players, as evident with gutterfoot posting on a platform nobody is allowed to talk about onsite and the absolute garbage being posted in the editorials.

The content has been so trash that they even fucked up the one event people were actually looking forward to with Charity Corner and then had the audacity to ask us to vote for them in the GAMEHER awards. Literally every aspect of Neopets has been negatively affected in some way or another. Good job abandoning an entire section of your playerbase by neglecting the battledome.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nataurs For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (12-04-2020),Double.Trouble (12-05-2020),Ice (12-05-2020),Maelstra (12-05-2020),maya (12-05-2020),Nightingale (12-08-2020),nrv (12-06-2020),Pringle (12-05-2020),TsUNaMy WaVe (12-05-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Probably not, I have taken a lot of hiatuses though over the years. I think I'll still stay for my friends, unless they decide to quit. Then I'll have nothing else to stay for.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 20h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    The map for (you need an account to see links) is complete and actually looks kind of nice.

I'm sure the other maps will follow soon, but yeah I am surprised they would let players view the maps in such an under-developed state. I know 'Beta' in software means something isn't in production yet, but this is hardly a minimum viable product.

Like others have said, I don't think I could quit completely because my pets and account have so much sentimental value to me. At minimum, I would log in to all of my accounts once a week to put my pets in the neolodge.

Chanel the Ryugotchi by (you need an account to see links)
    yassified-o-lantern by (you need an account to see links)
    Userbar by (you need an account to see links)

Chanel was hatched 11/15/2020

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephora For This Useful Post:

Corliss (12-05-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    943 times
    Time Online
    116d 16h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I don't think I am understanding the difference between their mobile/beta site efforts and their flash to html5 conversion efforts...

Are these two things one and the same? I.e. are the screenshots in first post aka the new "beta" version of Neopets eventually going to be the only thing we have available on desktop as well or is the "beta" strictly for when you're accessing it via mobile?

Because I fucking hate the beta design (it screams juvenile to the nth degree) for the overall layout purposes. I don't mind that the world links are ... just links for now, the interactive flash map conversion coming later or whatever, but the "stripped down" site layout that you get when you go into the beta version disgusts me.

No, this isn't enough for me to quit over it though. I've invested too much into my pet/accounts at this point and have made some really nice friends (). I think my baseline is that as long as petpages aren't done away with and all pets aren't auto-converted, I will stay on this wretched site until the bitter end lmao...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (12-05-2020),Zapdos (12-05-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    For myself, I'll stick around and see what's around the corner. For me neopets is a game I do play from time to time and most of my nc splurges where from the viacom era so I don't feel any remorse from that. I do think they should improve the whole structure considering they should at least have some communications and what not instead of those ifs and maybes.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    21d 1h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I don't like the beta layout, but then I also hated the current layout when it came out and have managed to adjust to "meh" about it, so I guess I'll adjust to this one as well. Could it be better? Yes. Should they have done separate desktop and mobile versions? Absolutely. Is it something I'm gonna quit over? Probably not.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    121/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    13d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I know I will stay until the site closes just because I have been here for so long and I would be so sad to abandon my account. To much time spent on it. I just hope that whatever they do it doesn't end up being their nail in the coffin.