Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you help me downlod this video?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    For what it's worth, i did indeed succeed in getting the adjusted dash file to open in VLC and play the video.
    I wasn't able to convert it though on the first go (got video but no sound) or second go (sound but no video) but i guess with some searches and tries that should indeed be something i could work out as well.

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    (you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links).

Qconcursos provides video through a method called MPEG Dash, which plays the entire video back through segments over an XMLHTTPRequest instead of playing a single video file. The trick to defeating most Dash or HLS streaming methods is to find their playlist file and figure out how they're segmenting. In the case of the video you requested, it's at (you need an account to see links). From there, all I had to do was open the Dash file in a text editor, remove the video resolutions that I didn't want (240p and 360p - leaving only 720p), change the relative path to the segments from "../../" to "https://videodelivery.net/", then save the Dash file and load it into VLC Media Player. You should be able to play the video back in full, as well as use VLC's convert and save functionality to save a copy of the file for yourself.
    Bat, thank you immensely for solving this mystery! It is really impressive! <3

However, I have to admit that I'm having a little trouble managing to download the video myself. Should the edited dash file look something like (you need an account to see links)?

Also, how exactly do I get to the video .mpd link? I'm asking because I would like to be able to download other videos from this website

Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    For what it's worth, i did indeed succeed in getting the adjusted dash file to open in VLC and play the video.
    I wasn't able to convert it though on the first go (got video but no sound) or second go (sound but no video) but i guess with some searches and tries that should indeed be something i could work out as well.
    Mario2302, would you mind posting a SS of your edited dash file, please? ^^
    Last edited by Goxar; 12-03-2020 at 04:34 PM.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    For my encoding profile, I selected "MP4/MOV" under "Encapsulation, "Keep original video track" under "Video codec", and "Keep original audio track" under "Audio codec". I didn't bother with trying to transcode the video as a matter of convenience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    @(you need an account to see links): This is what i made of it

i think you might have removed a bit too much it seems and you also kept 360p instead of 720p

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    For my encoding profile, I selected "MP4/MOV" under "Encapsulation, "Keep original video track" under "Video codec", and "Keep original audio track" under "Audio codec". I didn't bother with trying to transcode the video as a matter of convenience.
    jup that worked indeed to get video and audio to work. only did a small portion but those settings should thus do the trick.
    Last edited by Mario2302; 12-03-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goxar View Post

However, I have to admit that I'm having a little trouble managing to download the video myself. Should the edited dash file look something like (you need an account to see links)?

Also, how exactly do I get to the video .mpd link? I'm asking because I would like to be able to download other videos from this website
    I can't see the entire contents of that mpd file in your screenshot, so I'm not sure if this is the only issue you might run into, but you'll need to change the "../../" relative paths to "https://videodelivery.net/" in order for a VLC or other media players to know where to find the initialization page and segment files. As it stands, you're telling your media player that the files it needs to look for are two directories up from the folder you loaded the mpd file from. It needs to tell the media player to load from the videodelivery.net website instead.

As for how I got the mpd files ... I opened my browser's developer tools (you should be able to open them for yourself by pressing F12, Ctrl+Shift+I, Cmd+Shift+I or Cmd+Opt+I on your keyboard), then navigating to the "Network" tab. Reload the page, then look out for the "video.mpd" file to get preloaded by the media player on that page. That's the file you'll want to download and edit in order to grab the video.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links): This is what i made of it

i think you might have removed a bit too much it seems and you also kept 360p instead of 720p

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

jup that worked indeed to get video and audio to work. only did a small portion but those settings should thus do the trick.
    I copied and pasted the code you provided on a new txt file, saved it and then tried opening it with VLC, but nothing happens. I wonder what I'm doing wrong

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m

not sure if this will work but in the link Bat provided there's the Video ID which you can easily get from their videos by right clicking and copying video ID. for other video's you could try to fetch the MPD file by just changing the video ID itself (i've marked it in bold in the link below)

https://videodelivery.net/4e40f894cfb70335676e9228b9ca829e/manifest/video.mpd

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I copied and pasted the code you provided on a new txt file, saved it and then tried opening it with VLC, but nothing happens. I wonder what I'm doing wrong
    that's strange

you did save it as an MPD?
    i'd try just pasting the code in the file you have? or download the server one again and adjust as i've done it.

perhaps just check in your file you change all ../../ to https://videodelivery.net/ as bat mentioned. that really should do the trick (should be four in total you should replace; two on the video and two on the audio parts (at least that's how i interpreted that; not sure i'm reading the code correctly :p
    Last edited by Mario2302; 12-03-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Ruygi

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    not sure if this will work but in the link Bat provided there's the Video ID which you can easily get from their videos by right clicking and copying video ID. for other video's you could try to fetch the MPD file by just changing the video ID itself (i've marked it in bold in the link below)

https://videodelivery.net/4e40f894cfb70335676e9228b9ca829e/manifest/video.mpd

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

that's strange

you did save it as an MPD?
    i'd try just pasting the code in the file you have? or download the server one again and adjust as i've done it.

I just did that. I copied the text into the .mpd file I already had, but still it doesn't work. I also double checked and the file extension is indeed .mpd

Also, I have tried download again the .mpd file from the server, pasting the provided code over it, but still no success when trying to open it with VLC.
    Last edited by Goxar; 12-03-2020 at 05:02 PM.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I could demonstrate my process through a TeamViewer session if you'd like, @(you need an account to see links). Send me a private message if you're interested.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    I just did that. I copied the text into the .mpd file I already had, but still it doesn't work. I also double checked and the file extension is indeed .mpd

Also, I have tried download again the .mpd file from the server, pasting the provided code over it, but still no success when trying to open it with VLC.
    euhm well than i'm at a loss :'(
    not sure what's going wrong if you're taking all the same steps.

Ruygi