Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you help me downlod this video?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Can you help me downlod this video?

Basically, I need to download (you need an account to see links) for work purposes, but the site just won't let me do it. I've tried several different programs and browser extensions, but none of them seem to work. Actually, I need to download many different videos from the said website, which means that the link I provided is just an example.

After failing so many times, I thought that maybe some of our CK bright minds might be able to help me out
    Last edited by Goxar; 12-03-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    i'm afraid i'm not skilled enough to help out

all i could think is trying to find the source video file via the sourcecode/console but didn't find anything useful at all that would allow me to download the video via that way

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    This is slightly outside of the box, but would it be possible to play the video and record it on a phone or possibly record your screen and capture it?
    I'm checking some browser extensions out now to hopefully help, but nothing it working yet. Hope someone is able to work this out!

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    screen capture should work, video on full screen, start screen capture, start video and let it do it's thing.
    good point for sure @(you need an account to see links)

challenge might be to find the extension/software that allows you do to the entire video in one go.
    quickly looked at extension but all seemed to have limits on duration.
    Last edited by Mario2302; 12-03-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    i'm afraid i'm not skilled enough to help out

all i could think is trying to find the source video file via the sourcecode/console but didn't find anything useful at all that would allow me to download the video via that way
    Hey, Mario2302! Thanks for trying! I did try following some Youtube tutorials with the source code thing and I also wasn't able to grab the video

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    This is slightly outside of the box, but would it be possible to play the video and record it on a phone or possibly record your screen and capture it?
    I'm checking some browser extensions out now to hopefully help, but nothing it working yet. Hope someone is able to work this out!
    Hey, Nyanobyte! Actually, my first post wasn't very clear about it, but the video I linked is just an example. I would need to download a lot of different videos from the same website, which is why I guess recording with a screen recorder might not be the best ideia. It would take me literally hours and hours.

Also, I've had no luck at all with browser extensions! I've tried dozens of them by this point!
    Last edited by Goxar; 12-03-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    if you would like to go with screen recording in the end (no other solution to be found though i see Bat is reading here as well and he's way more skilled so you might not need to) i did find an extension just now that would allow screen recording without duration limits and that works quite easy.

(you need an account to see links)

with this one you can open the video full screen in a separate window and let it record just that window while you go about doing other stuff it seems.
    it then allows you to download a file (format: webm)

-------

meh not ideal that one it seems. just tried it but it can only capture the sound of your mic, not the audio directly from the stream itself which is what you would like to do as to make it as easy as possible so you can still do other stuff.

not really a good solution thus i'm afraid

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

i don't mind looking into extensions further but perhaps it would be useful if you can list the ones you tried that didn't work :p
    Last edited by Mario2302; 12-03-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Ruygi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links), I've tried literally any extension with the expression "video downloader" or something similar on its name available on the Google Chrome Store

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    (you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links).

Qconcursos provides video through a method called MPEG Dash, which plays the entire video back through segments over an XMLHTTPRequest instead of playing a single video file. The trick to defeating most Dash or HLS streaming methods is to find their playlist file and figure out how they're segmenting. In the case of the video you requested, it's at (you need an account to see links). From there, all I had to do was open the Dash file in a text editor, remove the video resolutions that I didn't want (240p and 360p - leaving only 720p), change the relative path to the segments from "../../" to "https://videodelivery.net/", then save the Dash file and load it into VLC Media Player. You should be able to play the video back in full, as well as use VLC's convert and save functionality to save a copy of the file for yourself.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Alister (12-03-2020),Goxar (12-03-2020),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (12-03-2020),Mario2302 (12-03-2020),Nyanobyte                      (12-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    I called it that @(you need an account to see links) would come and save the day :p

great to read how you did this. i'm gonna try to do it myself as well to learn from it so thanks for explaining Bat

Ruygi

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    94/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    36d 15h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Never mind bat figured it out
    Last edited by Lucid Acid Dream; 12-03-2020 at 04:09 PM. Reason: slow

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucid Acid Dream For This Useful Post:

Goxar (12-03-2020)