6/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Programs for Mac?

Apologies if this isn't the right section, I had a look around and this seemed to be the most appropriate, but I hope a mod will move it if not.

In the years since I used to dabble in autobuying/autoadopting etc. I've firmly made the move to Mac.

I've had a bit of a search (both on this forum and Google) and, while I potentially wasn't as thorough as I could be, the only links I could find were either 10 years out of date or suggested running Windows on a Mac via a VM/dual booting etc. which is a good option to have, but a native solution is always preferable in my mind.

So, off the back of that, I have 2 questions: Are there any up to date native mac autobuyers (or other neopets programs)? And if not, would anyone be interested in me potentially building one?

I feel like it could be an interesting project if I have the time, and if there are enough Mac users to warrant it.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links) No programs are native to Mac here, but I've developed most of them on my MacBook Pro, running Windows 10 via BootCamp. Very simple to install and get going to run our bots.

You also have the option to use scripts from within your web browser.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Non-Windows users usually go for Python programs, but none of the previously built solutions are compatible with the anti-botting measures that Neopets implemented over the past year. If you do decide to code a solution, I'd strongly suggest that you take the time to carefully learn safe strategies for automation and avoid leaning on preexisting code. That old stuff was not particularly safe or reliable, and the Neopets team is freezing like it's going out of style nowadays.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Thanks for the advice, guys.

I think what I might do then is run the programs via bootcamp/VM and possibly work on some scripts or programs of my own in my spare time as learning projects.

Thanks again
    Last edited by yesnt; 11-24-2020 at 07:00 PM.