Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neopets "Help" page has been updated!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipp View Post
    LITERALLY

They're based in US, right? US with some of the best laws for businesses (at the expense of the workers).

Fucking CONTRACT SOMEONE IF YOU'RE CHEAP JFC

Pay them the same, whatever, but just contract someone fucking capable for a project JFC.

[There's probably a myriad of reasons that it's problematic, but like... they've tried nothing and they're all out of ideas]
    Speaking as a web developer: they seem to be building the new site pretty much from scratch (judging by the awful naming scheme of their CSS: nav-profile-dropdown__2020 nav-dropdown__2020, yeah that'll go down great when we hit 2021) and there's no reason for a new build to be problematic, they basically have free reign to fix all of the issues that they had in the old site and make it look pretty on top!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

Numbkins (11-27-2020),Sakuras (11-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    27d 9h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    Speaking as a web developer: they seem to be building the new site pretty much from scratch (judging by the awful naming scheme of their CSS: nav-profile-dropdown__2020 nav-dropdown__2020, yeah that'll go down great when we hit 2021) and there's no reason for a new build to be problematic, they basically have free reign to fix all of the issues that they had in the old site and make it look pretty on top!
    Wait, could the 2020 in the name actually cause issues once the date is 2021??

Unless that's indicative that it's linked to something that IS date based.

Actually, I get the impression that if the answer is "yes" explaining the reasoning to my dumb ass is basically pointless.

I think they mentioned building it from scratch - or maybe it's just been the general consensus.

Either way, if '2020' in their fucking css naming scheme can cause problems in 2021... And they haven't noticed that... God help them and us.

Neopets makes me really angry apparently.

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Does this mean bye bye to helpfull zafara avatar?

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Da Plushee Boree For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (11-28-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m

Actually, I get the impression that if the answer is "yes" explaining the reasoning to my dumb ass is basically pointless.

I think they mentioned building it from scratch - or maybe it's just been the general consensus.

Either way, if '2020' in their fucking css naming scheme can cause problems in 2021... And they haven't noticed that... God help them and us.
    It won't cause any coding issues as not much code is ever tied to dates.
    It's just messy.

They should clean and streamline because they're essentially starting over their "stylesheet".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

RealisticError (11-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m

It couldn't cause issues, it's just bad practice and stupid to do haha Imagine going back through website code in 2025 (maybe I'm being generous) and seeing everything named _2020, you'll sit there thinking "has this bug I'm trying to fix been there since 2020, has it been fixed and just continues to use this naming scheme?" etc

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It might be but one would have to check.