Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Different customization styles - discuss?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Aw I love this thread!

My main thing on Neo has always been character creation (and roleplays back in the day) so when I customize, it usually first has to be tied to the pet's character. UCs are tricky here since they're so limited so I mostly roll with what looks good over anything else, but for converteds, it's always got to be tied back to their character. From there, I pick a background, and then I go zone by zone through every. single. item. practically to find good fits for color scheme and character.

I have way more quad pets than I do two-legged ones, and I definitely agree about clothes looking funky on them. I had to spend a lot of time digging around until I found some outfits that I think look good with them. I don't really do wigs either. I have a handful of pets that have them just because I think they look especially nice, but for the most part, nah (I just checked and it's three of them out of all of my pets that have wigs).

Since most of my pets have looks based on their characters, I don't do a lot of seasonal updates, but I'd like to start. I have one pet that I tend to treat as my pretty little princess and will put her in seasonal looks that deviate from her character. This is a quad pet so she still doesn't look *that* great in most things but I think her base color is really pretty, one of my favorites. I keep intending to get a second two-legged girl that I can use to just play dress up with.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Autobot (11-19-2020),Maelstra (11-19-2020),Oneiros (11-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    709 times
    Time Online
    83d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    My custom style is all over the place, I'll admit.

For UCs: definitely a minimalist. I usually only place a really nice background and maybe a front/foreground item. That's it. I just don't want to hide or overcrowd the beauty of the old artwork, you know?

For converteds: I'm one of those people who when they find the custom they LOVE for a pet, I keep it. I rarely change it. Sometimes, I will do "seasonal" customs for pets to match the holiday/time of year, but I find I am never as satisfied with their look. I usually only use NC items not NP ones. My closet has a lot of random things. Its either all spooky/Halloween or its girly stuff. No in between. I try to give them all really nice backgrounds, foregrounds, trinkets, outfits, the whole shebang. I am not a fan of makeup or contacts though; to me it usually doesn't look nice.

I gotta say, I do agree I don't love putting outifts/dresses on quad pets. Because I have a couple of Aishas and tbh the dresses just fit them so weird. Like, why TNT, why?!?!

I guess I am biased and I always really like my customs and think they're great. So I enter the customization spotlight regularly, but I never win. Lmaoooo... so maybe they' re not as good as I think they are. Oh well.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-19-2020),Maelstra (11-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 8h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    My custom style is all over the place, I'll admit.

For UCs: definitely a minimalist. I usually only place a really nice background and maybe a front/foreground item. That's it. I just don't want to hide or overcrowd the beauty of the old artwork, you know?

For converteds: I'm one of those people who when they find the custom they LOVE for a pet, I keep it. I rarely change it. Sometimes, I will do "seasonal" customs for pets to match the holiday/time of year, but I find I am never as satisfied with their look. I usually only use NC items not NP ones. My closet has a lot of random things. Its either all spooky/Halloween or its girly stuff. No in between. I try to give them all really nice backgrounds, foregrounds, trinkets, outfits, the whole shebang. I am not a fan of makeup or contacts though; to me it usually doesn't look nice.

I gotta say, I do agree I don't love putting outifts/dresses on quad pets. Because I have a couple of Aishas and tbh the dresses just fit them so weird. Like, why TNT, why?!?!

I guess I am biased and I always really like my customs and think they're great. So I enter the customization spotlight regularly, but I never win. Lmaoooo... so maybe they' re not as good as I think they are. Oh well.
    Samesies on rarely changing! Also, how does the customization spotlight even work?? It seems like it's a random voting system

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
    my pets are OCs, so sometimes it's hard finding good items.
    Yes, this describes me and my 'aesthetic' perfectly.

Mine are usually dressed to their personality/species and always have a 'base' custom that they keep.

Otherwise, sometimes it's minimal, other times it's chaotic. But like mentioned above, in real life, I don't dress up, or do a lot of frou frou things; so idk why I enjoy customization so much either, haha.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maelstra For This Useful Post:

Autobot (11-19-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Oh, I never change mine, either! I come up with a design for my pet and that's it for life. Only exceptions are if a better background comes out or if I couldn't get the one I really wanted right away and I'm using a placeholder.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (11-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    709 times
    Time Online
    83d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Samesies on rarely changing! Also, how does the customization spotlight even work?? It seems like it's a random voting system
    As far as I know, it is random voting. And then I see who won and its like seriously? Which is why I am not convinced on other's tastes

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-19-2020),Autobot (11-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 8h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    As far as I know, it is random voting. And then I see who won and its like seriously? Which is why I am not convinced on other's tastes
    Lol thanks! I've seen people win multiple times with the exactttt same customization, but I haven't even figured out how to game the system (if possible).

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Love this thread idea :o

I customise based on characters so they pretty much end up staying the same unless something more fitting is released, or if I revamp their character, though I also love looking at pastel/sparkly/pretty customs and I'm sad that nothing like that will ever fit my OCs. I also love making sci-fi customs and I wish there were more items in that category u_u

I *love* using cloaks and contacts as well, idk why but they bring me joy, especially hooded cloaks. I also have a weird thing about my customisations needing to look "full" as well, like I can't just have a lower foreground with nothing at the top and vice-versa. It's the same when I look at handheld items like staffs, if they stick up too much and the position looks weird I can't use them lol. Also everything needs to match almost perfectly and it annoys me if something looks out of place with the general colour scheme/theme. Just realising now how picky I am with customs rip
    custom userbar by @Lyrichord ♥
    amazing art of orion by @Orbit ♥

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    According to a (you need an account to see links) they did a while back...

Q: How are customization spotlight winners chosen?

A: We take your votes & look at the top entries, & we choose what we like based on that. Other times we choose whichever doesn�t matter their rank. In essence, there is no method to the madness it�s mostly random.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-19-2020),Cinnamoroll (11-19-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    My pets are either UC with a BG and MAYBE a foreground item, or converted and customized to the best of my ability to be true to their character while still being aesthetically pleasing. I also really dislike having to match a top piece and bottom piece for an outfit, so a lot of my pets are in dresses.