Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Returning neopets player

Hi all!

I used to play a lot of Neopets and was a big part of Slopdog, but after it was shut down I fell out of love with Neopets.

But the interested I gained from reverse engineering Neopets back then (along with my experience building Myspace layouts) shaped what I went on to do with my life and I'm now a Software Engineer.

With covid running rampant at the moment and the fact that we're still in lockdown in my country means I was looking for something to pass the time, so here I am. I know Neopets isn't as popular as it once was, and maybe now I'm rapidly approaching 30 I won't find it as enjoyable, but I certainly want to give it another go, especially now I have the professional skills to hopefully help out more on the cheating scene.

Thanks

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Hi there, welcome to ck! I think you'll find a lot of people (not just on ck but on Neo proper) returning for reasons very similar to you! The site seems to be in a weird period where we know Big Changes (?) are supposedly coming when TNT makes the move to transition things off Flash, so it'll be an interesting time to witness either way.

That's really cool you ended up as a software engineer - I think a lot of us got our first "coding" experience on Neopets as well ahaha. Hope you enjoy your time here/on Neo, however brief it may be!

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Welcome to Clraik and back to Neopets!
    Its amazing how Neo paved the way for a lot of people to later find a career in the tech industry! Its certainly a good time to jump back into Neo and check it out, a lot of change going on. They seem to be very focused on user experience and reviving merchandise. Anyway, glad you made your way back! Hope to see your around the forums ^^

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by yesnt View Post
    Hi all!

I used to play a lot of Neopets and was a big part of Slopdog, but after it was shut down I fell out of love with Neopets.

But the interested I gained from reverse engineering Neopets back then (along with my experience building Myspace layouts) shaped what I went on to do with my life and I'm now a Software Engineer.

With covid running rampant at the moment and the fact that we're still in lockdown in my country means I was looking for something to pass the time, so here I am. I know Neopets isn't as popular as it once was, and maybe now I'm rapidly approaching 30 I won't find it as enjoyable, but I certainly want to give it another go, especially now I have the professional skills to hopefully help out more on the cheating scene.

Thanks
    Welcome to CK! I also started out at SD, and missed out on what happened after drew shut down the forum and then reopened?
    That was around the time I stopped playing I believe for about 5 years; but got hooked again awhile ago.

Congrats on pursuing a passion!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    welcome to ck!
    that's so cool that you jumped from neopets/myspace to a software engineer! i'm excited to see what kinds of things you put out!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Welcome to clraik. How did you hear about us? Just googled what cheating scene was around these days?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Hello!

I also got my first real exposure to coding from neopets and myspace and eventually ended up a software engineer, too! I've met a lot of people, especially women in tech, with similar stories! I only ever stuck with lookups and petpages back in the day (even though I'm not much one for front end or ui/ux stuff now), but this has been a really supportive community to (barely) dip my toes in the water with some neopets scripts, so you'll be among good company on that part!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Hi and welcome to clraik! Hope you find neopets fun again, this place can surely help you with that.
    See you around!

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie ❦
    ~~~~

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Hello and welcome to cK! I have to say I am also getting close to 30 and still very much enjoy neopets so there is still hope! I think you just need to find what will fit you most and by the sounds of it you already have a good idea on where to start

I hope you enjoy our little community because this really is such a great place <3

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    Welcome to clraik. How did you hear about us? Just googled what cheating scene was around these days?
    Yea more or less, I also joined Neocodex but Clraik seems to be more active.