40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m

concerts you've missed due to covid

I realize this question might be a little excessive for folks who go to shows on the regular, but hitting my twenties dramatically dropped the number of shows I attend. It's been years since I've been to one, so having tickets to two in 2020 alone was really noteworthy.

(you need an account to see links)

This got me thinking about the reunion tour that was supposed to happen this year and how pumped I'd been to get tickets. I saw them a couple times as a teen (and one more concert that was also canceled, but that one was a day-of situation) and always loved it and was stoked to see them again.

Other one was the Hella Mega Tour. I've wanted to see Green Day since I was in middle school, just never worked out, so was excited to finally do it. Plus, I certainly had no qualms about Weezer and FOB. I shelled out for a great seat and everything.

Both got rescheduled, but it's not looking hopeful that packed arenas are in the cards for 2021, either, so who knows when/if they'll actually happen.

Anyway, I'm admittedly kind of crabby and just wanted to complain a little and figured I'd open the floor to this particular type of vent! What are you missing? Or I guess at this point of the year it should be asking what you already missed? Were they a frequent thing for you that's just been another routine shook up or was it a rare occasion like myself? When do you have hopes for live music again? Anything else?

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    My sister and I were gonna go see Frankie Valli sing live. Was super stoked about that because I don't go to concerts very often but we both really love him (and he's quite old these days).

Also, the Postmodern Jukebox was coming to a nearby town and I was gonna buy tickets. But obvs that didn't happen.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-15-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I’m the same, used to go to punk shows constantly but I’ve calmed down as I’ve gotten older. I also had two like big expensive exciting shows this year though - the MCR reunion tour, and I was gonna go to Colorado to see Brandi Carlile at Red Rocks. I live nowhere near Colorado but I’d made a deal with myself that next time she performed there I’d go, and then she announced that show and I grabbed some tickets and started planning a weekend trip. It’s delayed a year so I still technically have those tickets, and thankfully hadn’t bought plane tickets yet, but idk what I’ll be doing next September so I may end up having to sell. For MCR I took the refund, as I probably overpaid anyway (god it was competitive the day they were released!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-18-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I used to love going to shows, but now I feel so tired when I am there. I don't know how to explain it.
    I was supposed to go to Seattle back in June to see some cool slam metal bands, and to actually visit the city as I have never been there. But sadly, that never happened. Who even knows when shows will be a thing again? Some tours for next year have been cancelled already as well.

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-18-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    I've missed out on:

- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, which would have been my third time seeing them so that did suck, but at least it wasn't the one and only time I'd have had a chance for this
    - Night Moves (small psychedelic folk/punk band with a dash of Bee Gees thrown in) ((I love them lol)), which I've had tickets to see a couple of times before now but had things come up. They were supposed to play at SXSW at a fried chicken place down the road from my house and I was very excited to see them, thanks Covid :[
    - Electric Six who I have seen at least 12 times so I guess this is not a big deal lol

My poor boyfriend though. He was going to see two bucket list artists this year and both were cancelled Steely Dan and Mott the Hoople. I'm still sad for him about it. Steely Dan especially as he was to go see them with one of his best friends as a last activity before the friend moves to the other side of the United States. They still hung out, but it wasn't something near as exciting as seeing a favorite band.

On the good side of things though, I got to see one of my bucket list artists last year, Bryan Ferry of Roxy Music. Had the show been a few months later it would have definitely gotten cancelled and give his age (75) I don't think I'd have ever gotten another chance for it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-18-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Iceland's 2019 Eurovision band, Hatari T____T

Was so looking forward to it, I've been to one of theirs before and it was out of this world. They truly put on a show when they perform.
    This was their Eurovision song:

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie ❦
    ~~~~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Digipoop For This Useful Post:

kittyray (02-07-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Missed seeing Garth Brooks in concert. His concert is on my bucket list! Someday...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Beth77 For This Useful Post:

kittyray (02-07-2021)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Soo many
    My resolution last year was to go to all the shows I can especially local ones. Was going to at least 1 show a week before covid got everything cancelled
    The first one I missed was Carnifex

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

kittyray (02-07-2021),TsUNaMy WaVe (02-08-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I missed the band live, Starry Session. Well, it was canceled...
    I was supposed to fly to Japan to see it. Got pretty good tickets too. It was supposed to be a special live by the Starlight Kukugumi with a background band to play the songs, which is cool. They also had a lineup of "jumbled up" songs, as in, different singers chose songs they are not originally in to sing in the live.
    It was supposed to be in April last year.
    Later, after it got cancelled, they still decided to sell the merch that was supposed to be on sell there. So I got myself a (you need an account to see links), a (you need an account to see links) and a (you need an account to see links).
    Last edited by TsUNaMy WaVe; 02-07-2021 at 06:38 PM.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

kittyray (02-07-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I missed buying the tickets anyway, but Metallica was performing for the first time ever in my city last year and it's been postponed like twice now... Unsure if they're still gonna perform or if it's another show that'll end up cancelled after a bit. I was kinda hoping to get some of those hotel packages for tourists with tickets included near the date of the show (overpriced as hell, but hey, worth it) but with both the show being postponed and hotels being closed for service, that didn't work out :/

what I'm really missing though is a bunch of local artists performing, we'd usually see loads of festivals happening but obviously they've all been cancelled for months now. :'( I really miss going to festivals, being there all day jamming to good songs. iirc Electric Mob was supposed to have a performance soon-ish after their album released, but it just never happened unfortunately. (sad too because last time I went to one of their shows I was really sick and barely enjoyed any of it x) )

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Decepticon For This Useful Post:

kittyray (02-08-2021),rio (02-28-2021),TsUNaMy WaVe (02-08-2021)