8/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

Interesting Youtube Channels thread

Hi everyone! I was going through this forum and I realized that nobody has talked about Youtube in recent times. I'm always on the lookout for interesting channels to watch on Youtube. I feel like Youtube has a relatively low barrier to entry, and it has really helped small-time artists and other talented individuals to showcase their work online for others to appreciate. Sometimes, I can even spend hours and hours on Youtube just consuming all these creative content. Recently, I've been really loving these three particular channels, and would like to share them with you guys!

1. Fat Dino

Fat Dino recreates entire games from scratch, using software such as Unreal Engine. For instance, in one of his most popular videos, he remade Flappy Bird with RTX (i.e. ray tracing, a rendering technique that creates incredibly realistic lighting effects). It's pretty interesting even for a non-tech person like me because he documents and explains the whole process of creating the game in a manner that's understandable to the layperson. And the end results are pretty phenomenal. I'll link his Flappy Bird video below:

2. Alvin Zhou

He creates very interesting cooking/baking-related videos, but it's quite unlike your usual food videos. His entire video has rather high production quality for a food video (great filmography, editing, and music), and his commentary is pretty entertaining and amusing at times. Many people find his videos wholesome and I saw a few comments that say he's the "Bob Ross of cooking". If you're into relaxing/soothing videos, I would definitely recommend his channel. I've linked one of his videos below so you can see his style of videos.

3. City Beautiful

If you're a cityscape or urban planning junkie like me, this channel would probably interest you. I find that resources on urban planning are pretty hard to come by, so I was really happy when I chanced upon his channel. In his videos, he discusses a lot about city layouts in different countries, touches on social issues such as housing problems, as well as other interesting things like the underlying optimisation motivations behind certain urban planning decisions. One of my favourite videos from him is the one below about Vancouver's urban design:

What are your favourite Youtube channels? I would be really interested in what kinds of videos you guys watch in your spare time. Are you interested in tutorial-type videos? Travel Vlogs? House/apartment tours? Makeup, skincare and fashion? Or even more niche/interest videos? Please share! <3

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rylai For This Useful Post:

crimsoneyes (12-03-2020),Cure (11-14-2020),Gato (11-14-2020),kittyray (12-03-2020),koifish (12-04-2020),Luxu (12-03-2020),Mario2302 (12-03-2020),Nyanobyte                      (12-03-2020),Painwheel (12-03-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (11-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've recently been listening to Thoughty2 as his videos are both educational and he has a good voice too
    Cooking is a gift from the gods.
    Spices are a gift from the devil.
    Looks like it was a little too spicy for you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crimsoneyes For This Useful Post:

Rylai (12-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    46d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I like:

Tom Scott - short informative videos.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorara For This Useful Post:

Rylai (12-03-2020)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Great thread idea! I'll toss up a few! ^^

(you need an account to see links) - It has livestreams in various cities of train stations/rail crossings and you can watch the trains go though. Its really relaxing to have on while working or studying.

(you need an account to see links) - You follow Mike Chen as he travels all over the world and eats local foods. It will leave you hungry every time you watch one of his videos.

(you need an account to see links) He is a Canadian stealth camper/affordable camper that is just a cool dude. He uses gear that�s affordable and gives honest reviews on it. He�s very down to earth and just overall pleasant if you�re into watching camping videos that aren�t hardcore bush crafting.

(you need an account to see links) Mike Oh hosts the videos and narrates true crime stories and unsolved mysteries. He is to the point, well spoken and throws in a little bit of humor when applicable. He releases content constantly as well so there�s always a new video to watch.

(you need an account to see links) Great and informative cooking videos. He makes relevant foods, and has a �Basics with Babish� series that breaks down the foods that you probably eat on a regular basics and teaches you how to make them.

(you need an account to see links) VERY easy to follow tutorials for doing totally awesome things in Photoshop like making a planet look like its Exploding, various photo effects and more. Great place for beginners to learn some cool tricks.

(you need an account to see links) - The narrator goes in depth on characters in mythology, folklore and legends. Nice channel to learn about other cultures myths & legends and get more than just a brief explaining.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Rylai (12-03-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Weird, I was looking for a thread like this not long ago and completely missed this!

I don't have time to go through my subscription list right now, but hopefully if I reply I'll remember to tonight or tomorrow.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Rylai (12-03-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I'm just gonna go in alphabetical order of my subscribers list, sorry for not breaking it into category. There are also a few people I'm not subscribed to, but the algorithm knows me well enough to know which videos to recommend me when they show up. I'll try to dig some of those up, too.

(you need an account to see links) - educational entertainment, mostly math-y things

(you need an account to see links) - talks about internet urban legends and events, kind of hit or miss for me, tbh

(you need an account to see links) - historic costuming and fashion, can be a little annoying due to the way she plays the fictionalized version of herself, but cool content!

(you need an account to see links) - this is also a pin club, but they post a video about a strange creature every month

(you need an account to see links) - Doesn't post anymore but did film reviews from the perspective of a blind person, also had another channel where he talked about daily life and childhood stories stuff

(you need an account to see links) - just kind of weird videos, feel like it's best to go into the first one blind, i don't watch them all, but good enough

(you need an account to see links) - lots of interesting videos about death as a profession, different ways cultures experience death, history of it, deep dives into different stories, not as morbid as it sounds!

(you need an account to see links) - general educational, short/bite sized animated explanations, a lot of stuff about history/politics/geography

(you need an account to see links)- real life doctor doing dramatic explanations of real case studies, some are a bit click-baity (they all deliver but more the causal event of the stories are), but overall super cool, I recommend starting witht the (you need an account to see links) one even if you've read the story before.

(you need an account to see links) - I really like their movie lists and what's the difference, but there's a lot of other cool film content in there, too.

(you need an account to see links) - Natalie Tran hasn't posted much in years but her old videos are witty and relatedably self-deprecating.

ComputerPhile - PopSci type videos focused on computer science/engineering/programming, honestly don't find it has entertaining as the sibling channel Numberphile (see below)

(you need an account to see links) - Long-form videos about social justice, politics, culture, LGBTQ, race, but they're extremely over the top in the best way possible with costumes and glitter and the works.

(you need an account to see links) - Really cool informational topics, usually about the history of old theme parks and other entertainment.

(you need an account to see links) - A lot of book/movie adaptation videos, some general book review stuff.

(you need an account to see links) - One of the smaller YT doctors, but still worth checking out!

(you need an account to see links) - Mostly an art channel, don't watch frequently, but Echo is cool so including on the list.

(you need an account to see links) - Hard to describe, personal vlogs, but also a lot of doing weird things in public, unapologetically messy, has taken long breaks to work on self

(you need an account to see links)- No longer active, film video essays.

(you need an account to see links) - I just fucking love Hank Green, okay.

(you need an account to see links) - lots of trail and thru-hiking videos

(you need an account to see links) - Came for the weird waffles, stayed for the queer advocacy/education

(you need an account to see links) - Cool mix of disability history, queer history, vintage fashion, and touch of media analysis.

(you need an account to see links) - calming videos of life under a miscroscope

(you need an account to see links) - Another vintage fashion channel, but she's also kind of weird in a good way.

(you need an account to see links)- Beautifully animated educational videos. Self described with "optimistic nihilism".

(you need an account to see links) - Long form video essays about media and culture (topics span from wolf erotica drama to how 9/11 changed disaster movies).

(you need an account to see links) - cool electronic builds and cool music (technically is a music channel, but I just love what he makes)

(you need an account to see links) - super new channel, but I like what I've seen so far, talks about psychology and neuroscience

(you need an account to see links) - PopSci for math and numbers!

(you need an account to see links) - Same team behind Computer/Numberphile, each episode focusing on a single historical scientific artifact.

(you need an account to see links) - cool stories about interesting places, not much since pandemic, honestly haven't watched enough to elaborate more, but good!

(you need an account to see links) - TV apprecation/analysis

(you need an account to see links)- She is honestly my fucking inspiration, embraced the philosophy of make things even if they're stupid or they suck just because you can, then evolved into making really cool art blending robotics and other hardware. Went through some shit in stride.

(you need an account to see links) - I'm gonna use Destin's own description here*�*"explores the world using science". He's smart and just embraces constantly learning new things and remaining curious, and he just feels nice.

(you need an account to see links) - Really respectful interviews with people are are disabled, chronically ill, and/or neurodiverse.

(you need an account to see links) - math+standup

(you need an account to see links) - PBS production about art and art history and what it means to call something art.

(you need an account to see links) - small scale fashion and lifestyle stuff

(you need an account to see links) - Started out as stuff related to necropsies and other dead animals, now broader zoological topics.

(you need an account to see links) - Again idk how to describe, general educational and talking about interesting topics? idk, I've written a lot of these blurbs and it's getting harder.

(you need an account to see links) - another math/science/et cetera educational one

(you need an account to see links) - math and other education, sometimes a touch of music and other stuff, lots of cute doodles, currently on a break

(you need an account to see links) - Hey Vsauce Michael Here... long winded but education and always finds its way to a cool point

(you need an account to see links) - Video essays covering a lot of stuff like aviation, politics, econ, and I recently found out the creator is like 23 or something and has been doing this for years, so I feel like this kid is going places

(you need an account to see links) - Really peaceful videos with little narration/dialogue about living in rural China, making food, sometimes clothing, using a lot of traditional/older techniques.

Okay, I'm stopping there for now, will come back and try to pick through some of the interesting non-subscribed people, too!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB