Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Cool Signed up 15 years ago and still enjoying Neopets

Hey everyone!

New to the forums here. TBH I was lured to this corner of the internet by the automation tools, but now that I've browsed for a bit I love to see how active this community is!

Life has happened and I stopped playing for a few years but maybe this time around I'll get to finish my neo-goals (lab map, avvies, books read, to name a few ).

A bit about myself:
    I'm 28 years old. He/him or they them. Big time lover of Pokemon, Digimon, Avatar The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Rick and Morty.
    I'm a beginner contact staff flow artist (started practicing at the beginning of this year). I used to be a therapist in Mexico before moving to Los Angeles four years ago, now pursuing a career as a full stack developer.

On Neopets, I really enjoy the avatar hunt, games, special events and puzzles, and just the overall lore and art.

Hope to meet kind and cool people here, also looking forward to the next forum activities!
    Last edited by kakuncio; 11-13-2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added short blurb about me.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Welcome to clraik! You'll find lots of stuff here that will help you with your goals

Yes!! Another user who loves Digimon! I like all of the other stuff you've mentioned too. Do you have a favorite Pokemon game? Mine will forever be Platinum, one of the first games I played and it was on an emulator. Favorite Pokemon?

I enjoy really old neopets art

Hope to see you around!

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie ❦
    ~~~~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Digipoop For This Useful Post:

kakuncio (11-13-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    951 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Welcome welcome! We're happy you decided to pop in!

Wow you'll find lots of other users here with similar interests as you! I personally love all of those (except Rick and Morty) haha.

So I had no idea what "contact staff flow artist" meant but I looked it up and WOW! That's so impressive, I can barely walk while carrying a glass of water. XD That's very cool! What made you want to switch fields so drastically if you don't mind me asking?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

kakuncio (11-13-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Welcome!
    I actually technically live in LA right now also (but I'm thinking of moving soon?!)... omg CK should try to do a meet up sometime.

P.S. Did you see the Digimon tri movies??? I need to discuss this with someone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

kakuncio (11-13-2020)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Hey! Welcome to Clraik!
    Glad to have you here & looking forward to seeing you around! ^^

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

kakuncio (11-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Digipoop View Post
    Welcome to clraik! You'll find lots of stuff here that will help you with your goals

Yes!! Another user who loves Digimon! I like all of the other stuff you've mentioned too. Do you have a favorite Pokemon game? Mine will forever be Platinum, one of the first games I played and it was on an emulator. Favorite Pokemon?

I enjoy really old neopets art

Hope to see you around!
    I'm glad I seem to be in the right place, this forum life feels just like it did back in 2005 yet I was so less wiser.

My favorite game is Pokemon Yellow, my first game at 6y/o and I didn't speak English yet, but my school friends also played so they taught me a lot. Also those pixel expressions for pikachu are the best!
    Emerald also holds a nice place in my heart because it was the first game I purchased with my own money.
    Currently replaying Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX on the Switch.
    Did you ever play any of the Digimon games?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by kakuncio View Post
    Hey everyone!

New to the forums here. TBH I was lured to this corner of the internet by the automation tools, but now that I've browsed for a bit I love to see how active this community is!

Life has happened and I stopped playing for a few years but maybe this time around I'll get to finish my neo-goals (lab map, avvies, books read, to name a few ).

A bit about myself:
    I'm 28 years old. He/him or they them. Big time lover of Pokemon, Digimon, Avatar The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Rick and Morty.
    I'm a beginner contact staff flow artist (started practicing at the beginning of this year). I used to be a therapist in Mexico before moving to Los Angeles four years ago, now pursuing a career as a full stack developer.

On Neopets, I really enjoy the avatar hunt, games, special events and puzzles, and just the overall lore and art.

Hope to meet kind and cool people here, also looking forward to the next forum activities!
    Hi! Welcome to cK!

I just recently returned, so I'm re-familiarizing myself and re-navigating the forum, but it really is an incredible place to hang out! Lots of friendly faces, and for a bunch of dirty, stinky cheaters (lol), I've met some of the best, most helpful, kindest people I know here, as well. & you'll definitely find all the resources you need to meet your goals (or, if you wanna play it legit, plenty of people to motivate you & cheer you on)!

I honestly never really got too into Pokemon or Digimon (besides like, saying which ones I thought were the cutest when I was in elementary school LOL), but I, too, love AtLA & LoK. & I just looked up what contact staff flow is... ummmm, it looks so cool!! Is it challenging to pick up?

Also @(you need an account to see links) - I just read up and we are literally the SAME PERSON, hahaha. I feel like I just copied what you said... unintentionally... whoops.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Ice (11-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Welcome welcome! We're happy you decided to pop in!

Wow you'll find lots of other users here with similar interests as you! I personally love all of those (except Rick and Morty) haha.

So I had no idea what "contact staff flow artist" meant but I looked it up and WOW! That's so impressive, I can barely walk while carrying a glass of water. XD That's very cool! What made you want to switch fields so drastically if you don't mind me asking?
    Ohh yess it blew my mind when I saw it for the first time, it was a live show done by my new friends I made as soon as I moved to LA. I saw how many people simply do it to enjoy and have fun, so that's currently my goal, to do it only when I'm having fun. And I do it 3-5 times a week.

I'm diversifying my skill set for a few reasons:
    1) because I was born into the therapy and personal development world through my father, who has been doing it for over 35 years. I needed a break to find myself, and
    2)as much as I loved the impact that I was making in people's lives, I felt the organization where I was just wasn't in alignment with my values after a while, so I decided I needed a change and a friend invited me to move to LA and I did.
    3) If my spidey senses and wisdom is correct, we're transitioning into a faster developing world, full of technology. It's easy to make apps, but it's more important to do them with positive intent. I feel that it will allow me to teach better if I know my way around the proper tools.

How about yourself? What are you passionate about besides digital pets?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kakuncio For This Useful Post:

Ice (11-13-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by kakuncio View Post
    I'm glad I seem to be in the right place, this forum life feels just like it did back in 2005 yet I was so less wiser.

My favorite game is Pokemon Yellow, my first game at 6y/o and I didn't speak English yet, but my school friends also played so they taught me a lot. Also those pixel expressions for pikachu are the best!
    Emerald also holds a nice place in my heart because it was the first game I purchased with my own money.
    Currently replaying Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX on the Switch.
    Did you ever play any of the Digimon games?
    I so get the first self-purchased game being special - for me that was pokemon X and a black and blue 2DS that I bought with the first bit of money that I earned tutoring English. I think I enjoyed X much more knowing that I bought it myself. That 2ds was my first console too, so that was a first time that I could play Pokemon anywhere.

I played the Digimon DS games! Digimon World and Dusk/Dawn. These however only on an emulator as the cartridges weren't sold in my country. I know those games don't have the highest ratings but I kinda like how grindy they are. And the pixel graphics.

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie ❦
    ~~~~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Welcome!
    I actually technically live in LA right now also (but I'm thinking of moving soon?!)... omg CK should try to do a meet up sometime.

P.S. Did you see the Digimon tri movies??? I need to discuss this with someone.
    Ohh cool, we're county neighbors! I just moved to a new place by the Arboretum. Maybe we can start with a group video chat since, you know, pandemic, meetup would be risky if everyone is a stranger.

Haven't seen Digimon tri! But I'm getting a copy right now so I can catch up, didn't know they came out!

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Hey! Welcome to Clraik!
    Glad to have you here & looking forward to seeing you around! ^^
    Thanks for the warm welcome ✨