1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I started quarentine with one house plant, and now I have 34. Oops

I'm guilty of giving my mother in law's cat pieces of my spider plants when they come visit. I really need to just get her catnip for visits, but it's the only time the cat likes me LOL. I have a few different types of pothos, a snake plant, two spider plants (one straight, one curly) two types of tradenscantia, an adansonii narrow leaf, a bunch of succulents (most of which I've sadly killed) a glory bower, a watermellon pepperomia, a monstera, I could keep going on but I'll spare you

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN For This Useful Post:

Digipoop (01-05-2021),rio (01-05-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    10d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    if you have a local nursery, check their website. i got some of my rarer plants via clippings they were offering as a BOGO deal
    (swiss cheese plant, monstera, etc.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to caitlin For This Useful Post:

Digipoop (01-05-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN View Post

I'm guilty of giving my mother in law's cat pieces of my spider plants when they come visit. I really need to just get her catnip for visits, but it's the only time the cat likes me LOL. I have a few different types of pothos, a snake plant, two spider plants (one straight, one curly) two types of tradenscantia, an adansonii narrow leaf, a bunch of succulents (most of which I've sadly killed) a glory bower, a watermellon pepperomia, a monstera, I could keep going on but I'll spare you

34!! Haha that is epic!

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Hello yes I am here for this thread, 100% accurate depiction of me

(you need an account to see links)

I love plants! I collect cacti and succulents (my favorites are haworthias and euphorbias), have gotten really into houseplants lately, have a few orchids, and usually keep a vegetable garden though I didn't get around to it this year.

I'm super lucky that there are some fantastic nurseries in my area. Shout out to my local favorites East Austin Succulents, who shares a lot with Tillery Street Nursery. Tillery has started shipping plants this year when Covid shut down traffic, if you're curious to see if they have anything you like, they are here: (you need an account to see links). They also have a great deal on some particularly rare merchandise... (you need an account to see links) (I'm dying at the descriptions under each of them too lol)

Anyway, what kind of plants do you and your roommate like? As far as finding neat rare ones, depending on where you live, Etsy and Ebay are fantastic. I buy loads of plants online and have them shipped in and very rarely have problems. My current dream plant is a Philodendron Pink Princess:

Here's a few pictures of some of mine. My house is extra crowded right now because I had to bring home all my office plants + all my teammates' office plants when we moved to remote work for quarantine.

I like plants so much that I collect plant art, too...I bought these prints for my home office from (you need an account to see links) and they make me so happy. I really want to try my hand with growing a venus flytrap but this is a bad time of year to get one here since they're going into dormancy for winter.

The mother of pearl glaze casting prisms is so beautiful! What a wonderful idea!

I am moving into my own space in a few months and am trying to hard to resist the pull of the houseplant. It was especially hard during the boxing day/new year sales! But I don't want to love a plant and then worry about it being damaged or not adjusting to a new environment haha.
    I do have an orchid on my desk which is a colourway I hunted down for years - orange in the middle and then pink on the outer edges. Its so beautiful, like a sunset, but luckily it is dropping off and becoming dormant for the next few months.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rio For This Useful Post:

j03 (01-05-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post

just a small shot of one of my favorite little planters. It's painted in a mother of pearl glaze that casts the prettiest prisms in sunlight.

The mother of pearl glaze casting prisms is so beautiful! What a wonderful idea!

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN View Post

34!! Wow, thats amazing! Haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I tried to narrow it down to my favorites but I couldn't decide lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    really love colias plants and polkadot plants! Easy to care for and beautiful to look at

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    12d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Yes I am! I have 3 monstera's, 2 alocasias, 2 golden pothos, 1 elephant ears and a couple more!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    78d 11h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    I have/had a pot of African Violets. They were growing really well and I saw new baby greens popping up too.
    However my cat had an interest in them all of a sudden and basically munched everything. I’m not sure if I can still save my plant at this point?

Yes I have cat grass for my kitty but she prefers violets D=

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    9d 15h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Does anyone have recommendations for good starter houseplants? Since I've been stuck at home and probably still will be for most of this year, thought I might start small. Was wondering which are some favourites that are also easy to take care of (preferably under indirect sunlight).

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    339 times
    Time Online
    79d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m
    saw this and it's how i imagine everyone in this thread

you know when someone asks "why are you so dressed up"
    and you have to literally explain to them that this is who you are

asking the important questions

thanks @extraterrestrial for capturing my essence

anyway here's my petpet

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fabulous For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-28-2021),Alister (04-06-2021),basically (03-28-2021),kittyray (03-28-2021),Nattiee (03-28-2021)