15/0
    Mentioned
    186 times
    Time Online
    102d 11h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

Anyone here into house plants??

I recently moved in with a friend who is super into house plants... and now by extension, I am into them too xD
    Have been looking to buy some rarer, more expensive plants for her (and for me) for her birthday but they are notoriously hard to find. Anyone here on ck big into plants? Would love to see pictures or hear about your plant babies :3

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emily For This Useful Post:

Alister (11-13-2020),crimsoneyes (11-13-2020),Digipoop (11-14-2020),Synth Salazzle (11-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 3h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Hello yes I am here for this thread, 100% accurate depiction of me

(you need an account to see links)

I love plants! I collect cacti and succulents (my favorites are haworthias and euphorbias), have gotten really into houseplants lately, have a few orchids, and usually keep a vegetable garden though I didn't get around to it this year.

I'm super lucky that there are some fantastic nurseries in my area. Shout out to my local favorites East Austin Succulents, who shares a lot with Tillery Street Nursery. Tillery has started shipping plants this year when Covid shut down traffic, if you're curious to see if they have anything you like, they are here: (you need an account to see links). They also have a great deal on some particularly rare merchandise... (you need an account to see links) (I'm dying at the descriptions under each of them too lol)

Anyway, what kind of plants do you and your roommate like? As far as finding neat rare ones, depending on where you live, Etsy and Ebay are fantastic. I buy loads of plants online and have them shipped in and very rarely have problems. My current dream plant is a Philodendron Pink Princess:

Here's a few pictures of some of mine. My house is extra crowded right now because I had to bring home all my office plants + all my teammates' office plants when we moved to remote work for quarantine.

I like plants so much that I collect plant art, too...I bought these prints for my home office from (you need an account to see links) and they make me so happy. I really want to try my hand with growing a venus flytrap but this is a bad time of year to get one here since they're going into dormancy for winter.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

appleholic (12-22-2020),caitlin (01-05-2021),Digipoop (11-21-2020),Koto (01-05-2021),m5chu (11-13-2020),Rinna (11-15-2020),rio (01-05-2021),Synth Salazzle (11-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    186 times
    Time Online
    102d 11h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    AH!!! @(you need an account to see links) all of those photos made my heart so warm. The pink princess philos are beautiful, we are currently on the hunt for a strawberry shake philo (but they are like $500-$1,000 so absolutely nuts). I am going to check out that website and see if anything tickles my fancy :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    YES and what a wonderful thread.

Edit: Totally forgot, here are mine:

^ A small part of my collection - I've got succs, mainly echeverias but also graptopetalums, pachyphytums, sedums and others They mostly look nice in the summer, this pick is from when I was moving and had them all in boxes

^ They like to bloom in the summer, here's a Graptopetalum rusbii bloom. They love being outside for as long as possible. I usually bring them in late september and put them out as soon as there are no more frosty nights

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    ^ Some echeveria blooms
    Last edited by Digipoop; 11-20-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie ❦
    ~~~~

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Digipoop For This Useful Post:

Alister (12-19-2020),Emily (11-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    121/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    13d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I have no idea about them but would love to know about species that are indestructible as I've already had two die on me since we moved to our new home two years ago.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I don't have any because I'm really bad at keeping living things alive! But a bunch of my friends grow herbs in their house (for e.g., mint and basil leaves). They use the leaves for cooking too, super useful and practical!

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    i love plants! i love flowers! but i'm like Timmy's mom from Fairy OddParents

I dream on having a couple small trees inside, a lot of flowered or huge leaves on the windows and flowered entrance; i mean @(you need an account to see links) is living my dream, you have angel hands with all those plants and cacti, omg, i love cacti, all your plants are gorgeous!

I managed to have two carrots and a chive pets, hoping for them to just grow, since they are already more than i am capable to do hahahha
    they're beautiful

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,160 times
    Time Online
    555d 4h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I love the look of plants everywhere, but I can't keep too many because my cat eats everything and I've got a bit of a brown thumb. I have a friend who has one of those apartments covered in green and I love it, but I'd never be able to keep up with caring for so many (and cleaning up green cat puke everywhere even if they were all cat safe). I have a couple succulents in jars, but that's unfortunately about it. I had a palm plant for a LONG time, and it was a struggle, then I thought I was bringing it back, but it kicked the bucket finally a couple months ago.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Also very much getting into plants. I know very little so far but as far and finding some you could try American Plant Exchange on Etsy.

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Never been good with plants. But I rescued a little aloe plant from a house I was leaving, and re-potted it into a much bigger pot...fast forward 1.5 years and she's HUGE and has babies CONSTANTLY!!!

I also rescued a smol venus fly trap from a store where it had been knocked over and was lying on the ground in the dark (they need tons of sun). Didn't expect it to live but it's THRIVING and I've had it for like 6 months now.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!