5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Haha I get super offended on behalf of Hufflepuffs when other people shit on them, like, imagine making fun of people who are genuinely GOOD? Like what crawled up your ass and died XD

I take her public self-execution as a greenlight to basically do whatever I want as a fanartist with her world and characters, when I would never really do the same to other established IPs. Nothing is scared anymore, mwahaha!

Right like the THINGS you could do with metalbending whew imagine if you mixed it with lightning bending you're basically a technomancer excuse me?? Also I'm loving (and absolutely NOT surprised) at the number of Slytherins on ck. XD
    HAHAHAHA definitely!! And then I'm SUCH A HYPOCRITE because I'm like, well if you're gonna put me in a house, let's go order of preference: Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and then last resort.... DON'T MAKE ME ABSOLUTE ANGEL. I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THAT. But I do try and defend them, too. I'm just. Ugh. The worst. A true Slytherin, LOL.

& I have literally never even thought of that, but YES! GO OFF! That is a perfect excuse for people to start to get creative with it. Like what the fuck is even "canon" anymore, and who are YOU, JK, to even be the judge of it after the absolute shitstorm of hills that you're willing to die on while you advocate against human rights... but then use... those same... people... as selling points... in your best work?.... like nahhhhh, sis, THAT AIN'T IT.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bani View Post
    i did change my username!!

Yessssss, so good to see you again!! How have you been?!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Ice (11-12-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    LOL, I could see that. There was definitely a LOT to unpack in book 7 that I didn't love. Certain scenes, the way certain things played out... just icky. I think book 2 will always be my least favorite because it just scared me the most for some reason?? LOL. But then again, book 6 is my very favorite, and that one is like... the darkest, with some truly terrifying moments. I think I also love it, though, because that's where I really felt the story start to come together. Like that's where I really started to realize that the tiny details that you didn't think would matter in the earlier books actually play a HUGE ROLE in how the whole series comes together, so all of that really offset the scare factor for me, hahah.

I remember I started reading the books in like 4th or 5th grade because of the "Accelerated Reader" program at my school, and the books were worth SO MANY POINTS, hahah, so I read them... but then got HOOKED. But I think I was the same way, where the 3rd or 4th book was already out by the time I got to them.

It's just one of those things that will always be a part of my childhood & there's a certain nostalgia in that, hahaha.

Even with Neopets, I used to be exclusively in Harry Potter guilds, and even took a trip to Wizarding World of Harry Potter after it opened with a few of my neofriends (meeting them for the first time in real life after YEARS of owning HP guilds together). Have you ever been??
    I can totally see what you mean about book 6! It really is a great book. It's actually the book I'm reading right now on my reread! My favorite was always book 4 though, mostly because of how much world building it has (other schools, world championship etc), unlike every other book. I'm a sucker to good world building, so yeah.

And yeah I was in the 3rd grade, and after watching the first 2 movies I really wanted to know what's coming next! My mom also love HP so we always had all the books at home, so I just picked it up. I remember I had a little bit hard time reading them when I was that young, even though I read them in Hebrew (which is my native language). I used to "spoil myself" with the chapter titles to get myself motivated to read lol. Definitely a big part of my childhood and lots of nostalgia as you say.

As for Neopets, gdi I feel like it's such a lot opportunity! I've never been in a HP guild! Tbh I had a hard time getting into guilds since my English was super bad at the time. The only guild I actually was part in was a W.I.T.C.H. one, if you know that tv show lol.
    I've never been to the Wizarding World either, I wish I could go one day!
    Last edited by TsUNaMy WaVe; 11-12-2020 at 06:23 PM.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    950 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    HAHAHAHA definitely!! And then I'm SUCH A HYPOCRITE because I'm like, well if you're gonna put me in a house, let's go order of preference: Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and then last resort.... DON'T MAKE ME ABSOLUTE ANGEL. I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THAT. But I do try and defend them, too. I'm just. Ugh. The worst. A true Slytherin, LOL.

& I have literally never even thought of that, but YES! GO OFF! That is a perfect excuse for people to start to get creative with it. Like what the fuck is even "canon" anymore, and who are YOU, JK, to even be the judge of it after the absolute shitstorm of hills that you're willing to die on while you advocate against human rights... but then use... those same... people... as selling points... in your best work?.... like nahhhhh, sis, THAT AIN'T IT.
    LOL they do say that Hufflepuff and Slytherin friendships are some of the best! :') Every Slytherin needs an assigned Hufflepuff to devote their scheming energies to protecting haha.

Frfr it's BAFFLING how absurd it is now. Like just keep digging yourself deeper, please... lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    I can totally see what you mean about book 6! It really is a great book. It's actually the book I'm reading right now on my reread! My favorite was always book 4 though, mostly because of how much world building it has (other schools, world championship etc), unlike every other book. I'm a sucker to good world building, so yeah.

And yeah I was in the 3rd grade, and after watching the first 2 movies I really wanted to know what's coming next! My mom also love HP so we always had all the books at home, so I just picked it up. I remember I had a little bit hard time reading them when I was that young, even though I read them in Hebrew (which is my native language). I used to "spoil myself" with the chapter titles to get myself motivated to read lol. Definitely a big part of my childhood and lots of nostalgia as you say.

As for Neopets, gdi I feel like it's such a lot opportunity! I've never been in a HP guild! Tbh I had a hard time getting into guilds since my English was super bad at the time. The only guild I actually was part in was a W.I.T.C.H. one, if you know that tv show lol.
    I've never been to the Wizarding World either, I wish I could go one day!
    Yes!! Book 4 is my second favorite, for that very reason. The Quidditch world cup, the other schools, etc. And it was just... FUN. Like there were definitely dark moments, but also a lot of fun moments with the Triwizard Tournament.

As for HP guilds, there are still a couple around! But they used to be HUGE and so active. You'd get sorted and complete different challenges and activities & what-not to earn house points, take lessons, etc. Just so dang much. It really was one of my favorite parts of Neo! Maybe we could do something like that on cK sometime... hmmmmm. Seems like we have enough HP fans to do it??

I highly recommend if you ever get the chance! Butterbeer is deliciousssss, and a lot of the rides are super fun. It's just really cool to feel immersed in the world there.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    LOL they do say that Hufflepuff and Slytherin friendships are some of the best! :') Every Slytherin needs an assigned Hufflepuff to devote their scheming energies to protecting haha.

Frfr it's BAFFLING how absurd it is now. Like just keep digging yourself deeper, please... lol
    And her responses when people call her out are so ignorant. Like she thinks that her words and her thoughts have so much value because she's the ~*author of Harry Potter*~ but like... c'mon. That was ONE THING. You did ONE THING. That doesn't mean you're suddenly the end-all-be-all and that all your thoughts and prejudices and biases are valid.

I love that... a Hufflepuff to protect! :') I need to find me my Hufflepuff to protect, LOL.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Ice (11-12-2020),TsUNaMy WaVe (11-12-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Welcome back! You will find no shortage of company in the NC addiction area here, and plenty of dealers, lol.

Like Mama Bear said, as many old timers around as fresh, new, friendly faces. (:

My memory's generally rubbish but I definitely remember your name so it's lovely to see you return.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    Welcome back! You will find no shortage of company in the NC addiction area here, and plenty of dealers, lol.

Like Mama Bear said, as many old timers around as fresh, new, friendly faces. (:

My memory's generally rubbish but I definitely remember your name so it's lovely to see you return.
    Yesssss, I remember you, as well! Thank you for such a warm welcome back.

I love that there are still familiar faces around - feels like coming home! And I never say no to new friends, either!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    @(you need an account to see links) Welcome back and belated 'grats on your marriage! I also enjoy extreme amounts of coffee, have you hear of Valhalla Java? I'm a fan and feel that others need to know of it as well.

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Welcome back and belated 'grats on your marriage! I also enjoy extreme amounts of coffee, have you hear of Valhalla Java? I'm a fan and feel that others need to know of it as well.
    Thank you!! Luckily, we got it done right before everything started shutting down for the pandemic, so we were very lucky!

I have not heard of that... is it a storefront business? Or do they sell pre-packaged coffee goods?

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Thank you!! Luckily, we got it done right before everything started shutting down for the pandemic, so we were very lucky!

I have not heard of that... is it a storefront business? Or do they sell pre-packaged coffee goods?
    Its a subset of the Death Wish Coffee so its online :3 And Yes! They have whole beans, grounds and those individual cup pod things. Plus, imho, really cool looking mugs on occasion.

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020