5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    Welcome back, Rachel! I too was bitten by the NC bug. It's my favorite part of Neo, by far. Hope to see you around!
    Thank you for the warm welcome back! Isn't it crazy how just some little pixel outfits can make you so happy?! Kinda bummed to see how many cute things I missed out on while I was away, but that just gives me new goals! Also crazy how many things I got rid of before I left have inflated in value now that I'm back and want to get them again... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Hi! Welcome back! I remember your name, but not if we ever crossed paths (I didn't TC much but I was in a skype group, so it's possible!). I returned at the start of the year and have been having a great time, so hope you do, too!
    I've found that a lot of people I thought I might recognized have changed their usernames on here anyway, LOL, so I feel like I'm meeting a lot of new people all over again anyway, even if we did meet before! Thank you for the warm welcome back - I'm glad to hear this place has still been kickin' it, and glad it's a place that all of us who took some time off could come back to!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Welcome back!
    Great time to return to Neo as well in terms of NC, Stocking Stufftacular is right around the corner ^^
    Yes!! I am so excited. Also, right before the big GBC sale, thank GOODNESS. I've already stocked up on my NC for the GBC sale, & soooo ready to jump back into things like Stuffing Stufftacular, too! Thank you for the warm welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Bani View Post
    welcome back rachel!!!
    we used to skype and tinychat all the time!
    its good to see you again
    Hiiiiiiii, thank you! OKAY SO I'm an extremely visual person & I *don't* super recognize your username - is there a chance you've changed it since then?! Or am I just a garbage human and I need to get my shit together and remember who my real friends are?? EITHER WAY, I'm glad to know that familiar people & faces are still kickin' it here & can't wait to chat it up a lot again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Welcome back!! I was on ck around that time as well (only came back recently too man I feel dumb now for not thinking to make a re-introduction thread as well) but I wasn't that active in the community. Glad you found your way back though!

Also I too LOVE AtLA/LoK and Harry Potter :pleading_face: So in my books, you're already a bang up person!
    LOL, don't feel dumb!! I've always been a chatter... so I knew when I realized how many new faces there were, I was gonna need a way to meet more of you cool cK humans. Glad we've both found our way back, and glad to see that you've started to reach out into the community more, too - some of my very best friends (IRL) came from this place, and a lot of people that I'll always remember with fondness.

& yesssss, another AtLA/LoK & HP fan... I loooovvveeee itttt. Obligatory "who are your favorite characters" and "what's your house" questions... anddddd go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    Welcome back, @(you need an account to see links). There are indeed a lot of new faces around, but it's always good to have familiar ones.
    Thank you for the warm welcome back! It's good to come back and know that, although it might be a lot of new faces, it's always a welcome spot for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    Welcome back, Rachel! It's nice to see a familiar face from back in the TC days! I just returned to Neo recently as well, and of course couldn't play without CK. Look forward to seeing you around!
    Hi love!! Yesssss, the TC days. We were living our best lives! LOL. I feel you... I came back to neo, and it took... about 2 days before I was back on cK, too, hahaha. Good to see you again, & can't wait to chat more!

Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Welcome back Rachel!
    I'm a long time member but I only started to be actually active during last year. I'm currently rereading the Harry Potter series again, after a long time! (I used to do it a lot when I was younger) So it's nice to see another fan :3
    Hope to see you around the forums ^~^
    Thank you for the welcome back!! I love to hear/see that it seems like the current staff has done an incredible job at giving members of the community reasons to come out of their shells & chat/participate more. <3 I'm excited for that!

Yessss, I've actually been thinking about re-reading them, too! I swear, I used to have them memorized with how often I'd re-read them... but it's been many years since I've picked up the books now. One of my best friends that I recently met has NEVER read the books OR seen the movies, so a couple of my friends have been getting together for weekly HP movie nights, and it's really brought all the memories/nostalgia back & gotten me itching to re-read the books. I told him his next mission is to read the books... but to wait until after the movies so he's not tempted to get pissed about some of the things they left out, LOL.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoop View Post
    Welcome back! I love AtLA and LoK as well, just recently re-watched the whole series of AtLA. Zuko's scene at the end of Bitter Work always gets me to tears, I think it's my favorite scene in the whole series. Waiting a little before I re-watch LoK though.

I prefer extreme amounts of tea to coffee, I'm trying to stop consuming so much of it haha. I used to love the hookah with some friends but I'm waiting now until I have my own before I have some again (and for friends to come over and visit). Did a bit of molecular as part of my ecology course, just basics like markers and DNA extraction which were nonetheless very confusing for me. But to someone with interest towards it I know it can be a fun thing

Hope to bump into you some time!
    Hi there! Thank you for the welcome back! It's lovely to meet you.

Oof, I got chills just thinking about that scene! There are so many good, emotional moments with Zuko (especially with Uncle Iroh, that beautiful, sweet man)... just such a dang good series. I remember showing it to a friend who refused to watch it for a long time because they thought it was going to be more geared toward children... and now they're hooked. JUST SO GOOD.

Also so many good moments from LoK. Every time I'm in a weak spot, one of my favorite quotes is from Aang to Korra: "When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change." Always gives me what I need to keep going & to know that everything is going to be okay.

I strongly recommend buying your own hookah! Depending on where you get them, it can actually be pretty cheap - sooooo much cheaper (& now a lot safer!) than it was to go out to hookah bars all the time! I love having friends over for a good hookah night, but now I smoke pretty much every night, just on my own or with my husband.

Thank you again for the warm welcome! Happy to meet someone with common interests!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Bani (11-12-2020),Digipoop (11-12-2020),TsUNaMy WaVe (11-12-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    950 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    LOL, don't feel dumb!! I've always been a chatter... so I knew when I realized how many new faces there were, I was gonna need a way to meet more of you cool cK humans. Glad we've both found our way back, and glad to see that you've started to reach out into the community more, too - some of my very best friends (IRL) came from this place, and a lot of people that I'll always remember with fondness.

& yesssss, another AtLA/LoK & HP fan... I loooovvveeee itttt. Obligatory "who are your favorite characters" and "what's your house" questions... anddddd go!
    Oh mannnnn ok I'll do you one better and include "bending nation" too AtLA I pretty much loved most of the main chars, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, Suki! And I'm a DIEHARD Zutara fan oh my gosh I will go to the grave wearing that badge LMAO. LoK is more of a toughie... Asami is a queen obviously, and I love Opal for not standing for Bolin's shit in s2. Bolin is a cinnamonroll, though. And I proudly rep #watertribe!

As for Harry Potter, so I'm kind of huge bottom of the barrel trash and am really into the Drarry shipping (I'm actually focusing my NaNoWriMo efforts on writing Drarry fanfiction it's ok you can judge me all you want) so that's been my pick of poison for a while LOL. I've always loved Luna of course, and Book Ginny. And Harry and Draco for being irredeemable little shits. My house is more complicated because I'm really cut down the middle Ravenclaw/Slytherin, but my best guess is that if it came down to it, the hat would probably pop me out a baby snake lol.

You?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m

I've found that a lot of people I thought I might recognized have changed their usernames on here anyway, LOL, so I feel like I'm meeting a lot of new people all over again anyway, even if we did meet before! Thank you for the warm welcome back - I'm glad to hear this place has still been kickin' it, and glad it's a place that all of us who took some time off could come back to!

I had the same issue when I returned with recognizing people, but my memory is also balls and can't complain because I'm also on the new username team, felt like the right thing to do this time around (but my old one is still on my profile icon, so i haven't completely shed it, the art was just too cute!)
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Oh mannnnn ok I'll do you one better and include "bending nation" too AtLA I pretty much loved most of the main chars, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, Suki! And I'm a DIEHARD Zutara fan oh my gosh I will go to the grave wearing that badge LMAO. LoK is more of a toughie... Asami is a queen obviously, and I love Opal for not standing for Bolin's shit in s2. Bolin is a cinnamonroll, though. And I proudly rep #watertribe!

As for Harry Potter, so I'm kind of huge bottom of the barrel trash and am really into the Drarry shipping (I'm actually focusing my NaNoWriMo efforts on writing Drarry fanfiction it's ok you can judge me all you want) so that's been my pick of poison for a while LOL. I've always loved Luna of course, and Book Ginny. And Harry and Draco for being irredeemable little shits. My house is more complicated because I'm really cut down the middle Ravenclaw/Slytherin, but my best guess is that if it came down to it, the hat would probably pop me out a baby snake lol.

You?
    Hahahahhaha, I. LOVED. ALL. OF. THAT.

Okay, so I'll go in reverse order because I think my HP answers will kind of explain some of my AtLA answers, too, hahaha. I am a diehard Slytherin, through and through. Got the robes. Bought the wand. Made out with Draco. DID IT ALL. (Jk, I didn't make out with Draco, but CAN YOU IMAGINE?!) I imagine I've also probably got some Ravenclaw potential in me... but for as long as I can remember, I've always just played by the "you can tell it what you want" method and I. WANT. SLYTHERIN. Which... in my defense, I think is a pretty Slytherin-y approach to take. As for characters, I'm kind-of all over the place, and most of my favorite characters in all series tend to be supporting characters. I love Tonks. I love Luna. I *love* Kreacher, and my biggest grievance is them just WRITING OUT HIS BEAUTIFUL SNOT-NOSED CHARACTER ARC FROM THE FILMS. Sirius, that foxy minx. For villains... I love Lucius, even though he's a complete shit. I think I just have a mad crush on him, though, LOL. And I LOVE Bellatrix. But again, might just be because I have a mad crush on HBC... whoops.

As for AtLA nation... for a LONG TIME, I was like die hard convinced that I was Fire Nation. Because, hello, kinda dark, kinda uncontrollable, kinda the sometimes-misunderstood villains, kinda the Slytherin counterpart... but I always said I thought I'd be like, from the fire nation colonies in the Earth Kingdom. Like still Fire Nation, but removed from the *actual* douchebaggery that is happening throughout AtLA. Buuuuuut then I took a quiz once, and it put me into Air Nomads... aaaaaand it was pretty dang spot on, tbh. So I think I've accepted my fate as an Air Nomad, and I honestly don't hate it. As for characters... again, a lot of supporting characters are where it's at for me, LOL, *but* Toph, Zuko & Asami will always have my heart for some leading characters. I LOVE Uncle Iroh. I LOVE Ty Lee (& even Mai a lot). And I LOVE King Bumi.

So, kinda all over the place... I tend to hype up the supporting characters and tend to like a little edge to my life, *but* it mostly stops with the people who have genuinely good hearts, just misplaced intentions (except Bellatrix, that bishhh is just CRAZY and I love it, hahah).

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I had the same issue when I returned with recognizing people, but my memory is also balls and can't complain because I'm also on the new username team, felt like the right thing to do this time around (but my old one is still on my profile icon, so i haven't completely shed it, the art was just too cute!)
    Oooo yes, Catalyst is WAY MORE familiar to me!! I'm such a visual person, so it's waaaay easier for me to see usernames I recognize. BUT. I also totally get people wanting to change theirs, lol. I got lucky with mine and even though it's boring AF, it's get the job done! LOL.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Ice (11-12-2020),kittyray (11-12-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    950 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Hahahahhaha, I. LOVED. ALL. OF. THAT.

Okay, so I'll go in reverse order because I think my HP answers will kind of explain some of my AtLA answers, too, hahaha. I am a diehard Slytherin, through and through. Got the robes. Bought the wand. Made out with Draco. DID IT ALL. (Jk, I didn't make out with Draco, but CAN YOU IMAGINE?!) I imagine I've also probably got some Ravenclaw potential in me... but for as long as I can remember, I've always just played by the "you can tell it what you want" method and I. WANT. SLYTHERIN. Which... in my defense, I think is a pretty Slytherin-y approach to take. As for characters, I'm kind-of all over the place, and most of my favorite characters in all series tend to be supporting characters. I love Tonks. I love Luna. I *love* Kreacher, and my biggest grievance is them just WRITING OUT HIS BEAUTIFUL SNOT-NOSED CHARACTER ARC FROM THE FILMS. Sirius, that foxy minx. For villains... I love Lucius, even though he's a complete shit. I think I just have a mad crush on him, though, LOL. And I LOVE Bellatrix. But again, might just be because I have a mad crush on HBC... whoops.

As for AtLA nation... for a LONG TIME, I was like die hard convinced that I was Fire Nation. Because, hello, kinda dark, kinda uncontrollable, kinda the sometimes-misunderstood villains, kinda the Slytherin counterpart... but I always said I thought I'd be like, from the fire nation colonies in the Earth Kingdom. Like still Fire Nation, but removed from the *actual* douchebaggery that is happening throughout AtLA. Buuuuuut then I took a quiz once, and it put me into Air Nomads... aaaaaand it was pretty dang spot on, tbh. So I think I've accepted my fate as an Air Nomad, and I honestly don't hate it. As for characters... again, a lot of supporting characters are where it's at for me, LOL, *but* Toph, Zuko & Asami will always have my heart for some leading characters. I LOVE Uncle Iroh. I LOVE Ty Lee (& even Mai a lot). And I LOVE King Bumi.
    AHAHAH oh my god I appreciate you SO much. I totally feel you! My Ravenclaw phase was probably a big denial thing (aaaaaaaall my merch is ravenclaw themed whoops) but I remember in college joining a HP club and when you do you fill out a questionnaire (an original one, not based off any quizzes) and then the club members congregate to sort the new members and I got sorted HUFFLEPUFF because I made all my answers pretty niceynicey because I didn't know any of these people (and it was kind of an exclusive club, you had to get ~found~ and invited and stuff it was cool ok) AND I DIDN'T WANT THEM TO THINK I WAS A PSYCHO so two-faced slytherin? Check lol. Ugh yeah as much as JK is a saggy withered testicle the books still have so much more than the movies (although bless our fandom really did win the book-to-movie lottery for the most part) and it's been so long since I last read through the series I feel like it's time to do it again. You have to hand it to the cast of villains, they ARE pretty amazing, detestable shitstains they are.

Oooh that's so interesting! I'm probably just projecting my desires anyway and am probably like, earth nation in reality because I'm a stubborn hard headed bitch but we like what we like eheh. Avatar always has the best side characters, often times they steal the show! Ty Lee is a sweetheart (god I hated Azula for being absolute trash to her) but I hate Mai for taking Katara's place LOL. :K

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Oof, I got chills just thinking about that scene! There are so many good, emotional moments with Zuko (especially with Uncle Iroh, that beautiful, sweet man)... just such a dang good series. I remember showing it to a friend who refused to watch it for a long time because they thought it was going to be more geared toward children... and now they're hooked. JUST SO GOOD.
    Oh man, that scene where Zuko visits him in the cell... Just both of the times he visits him there... And the "Sun Warriors" episode, where he goes to learn from the masters... He's really such a very well-written character and it's so awesome to watch his motives and beliefs change as the series goes and it's especially gripping to watch him struggle with the choices that he makes.

Also so many good moments from LoK. Every time I'm in a weak spot, one of my favorite quotes is from Aang to Korra: "When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change." Always gives me what I need to keep going & to know that everything is going to be okay.
    I love that quote as well... I really like how LoK is similar to but also quite different from AtLA. It's its own thing.

I strongly recommend buying your own hookah! Depending on where you get them, it can actually be pretty cheap - sooooo much cheaper (& now a lot safer!) than it was to go out to hookah bars all the time! I love having friends over for a good hookah night, but now I smoke pretty much every night, just on my own or with my husband.
    The main reason why I don't go to hookah bars is because I want to know for sure what goes in mine. And I agree, it's not expensive to get your own and there are so many options! Very excited to get into this eventually

Also: earthbender and slytherin snek

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie ❦
    ~~~~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    AHAHAH oh my god I appreciate you SO much. I totally feel you! My Ravenclaw phase was probably a big denial thing (aaaaaaaall my merch is ravenclaw themed whoops) but I remember in college joining a HP club and when you do you fill out a questionnaire (an original one, not based off any quizzes) and then the club members congregate to sort the new members and I got sorted HUFFLEPUFF because I made all my answers pretty niceynicey because I didn't know any of these people (and it was kind of an exclusive club, you had to get ~found~ and invited and stuff it was cool ok) AND I DIDN'T WANT THEM TO THINK I WAS A PSYCHO so two-faced slytherin? Check lol. Ugh yeah as much as JK is a saggy withered testicle the books still have so much more than the movies (although bless our fandom really did win the book-to-movie lottery for the most part) and it's been so long since I last read through the series I feel like it's time to do it again. You have to hand it to the cast of villains, they ARE pretty amazing, detestable shitstains they are.

Oooh that's so interesting! I'm probably just projecting my desires anyway and am probably like, earth nation in reality because I'm a stubborn hard headed bitch but we like what we like eheh. Avatar always has the best side characters, often times they steal the show! Ty Lee is a sweetheart (god I hated Azula for being absolute trash to her) but I hate Mai for taking Katara's place LOL. :K
    LMAOOOOO, those poor club members, hahaha. I've always said that the reason I know I'm not a Hufflepuff is because of how irrationally upset/angry/annoyed I get any time someone says they think I'd make a good Hufflepuff. Like they are ABSOLUTE ANGELS and yet here I am, all butthurt that you DARE to lump me into that house.

Also, that whole bit about JK... yeeeeeepppp. I'm actually like having a huge internal crisis about still loving the world/characters/story line as much as I do after all the shit she's pulled, but I just... can't... help... it. And TRUE, all things considered, we did get super lucky with the movies. There's just a couple things that I - personally - would have loved to see portrayed (like KREACHER), but all-in-all, that's probably more personal preference than it is things that are *actually* necessary to the plotline, LOL.

I have a really good friend that I always tell her she's Earth Kingdom because she's stubborn & hard-headed but really *only* about the things that matter. Like she is FIERCELY loyal, and she's a snarky little thing... she really reminds me a lot of Toph. So I tell her I think she's Earth Kingdom - specifically probably a metal bender. She seems to like that concept, even though I think she secretly wishes she was Water Tribe, LOL.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoop View Post
    Oh man, that scene where Zuko visits him in the cell... Just both of the times he visits him there... And the "Sun Warriors" episode, where he goes to learn from the masters... He's really such a very well-written character and it's so awesome to watch his motives and beliefs change as the series goes and it's especially gripping to watch him struggle with the choices that he makes.

I love that quote as well... I really like how LoK is similar to but also quite different from AtLA. It's its own thing.

The main reason why I don't go to hookah bars is because I want to know for sure what goes in mine. And I agree, it's not expensive to get your own and there are so many options! Very excited to get into this eventually

Also: earthbender and slytherin snek
    Yes! I agree - Zuko's character arc and the changes... just so beautiful. Even when he makes the garbage choices (like betraying Iroh & Katara), you can just tell that there's just so much internal struggle and shame. He really is such a complex character.

& yes! I've always loved how LoK is kind-of a more modern take on things, and it's less about battles between the different nations. I really like LoK - like, a LOT - I think because I loved getting the opportunity to see and hear more about the history of the avatar & just how limitless the concept of bending really is. I also loved that a lot of AtLA characters made appearances again, too. But I do have one friend who *hates* LoK because she just thinks it's *too* modern - like she doesn't like that there are cars, and that things are more industrial/urban... she just said it felt very disconnected with the world that she had built up in her head. Which I get that, too. I guess it's kind-of a "you love it or you leave it" kinda thing!

!!!! *high five for another Slytherin*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Digipoop (11-12-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m

Thank you for the welcome back!! I love to hear/see that it seems like the current staff has done an incredible job at giving members of the community reasons to come out of their shells & chat/participate more. <3 I'm excited for that!

Yessss, I've actually been thinking about re-reading them, too! I swear, I used to have them memorized with how often I'd re-read them... but it's been many years since I've picked up the books now. One of my best friends that I recently met has NEVER read the books OR seen the movies, so a couple of my friends have been getting together for weekly HP movie nights, and it's really brought all the memories/nostalgia back & gotten me itching to re-read the books. I told him his next mission is to read the books... but to wait until after the movies so he's not tempted to get pissed about some of the things they left out, LOL.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Yup I could never really enjoy the movies after I started reading the books (and I was like 3rd grader lmao). Also I totally know the feeling of having them memorized due to so many rereads! It's not as prominent now but as I'm rereading I remember certain sentences or phrases that I liked and kinda get excited when I get to them. When I first started reading them there was only until book 4, so I remember how I got excited with every new book + how much I've reread 1-4 (and later 5 and 6) while waiting. I think what made me first leave them behind was how many stuff I hated about book 7... it's still my least favorite and I still hate a lot of what is going on there but I'm more mature about it lol.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    950 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    LMAOOOOO, those poor club members, hahaha. I've always said that the reason I know I'm not a Hufflepuff is because of how irrationally upset/angry/annoyed I get any time someone says they think I'd make a good Hufflepuff. Like they are ABSOLUTE ANGELS and yet here I am, all butthurt that you DARE to lump me into that house.

Also, that whole bit about JK... yeeeeeepppp. I'm actually like having a huge internal crisis about still loving the world/characters/story line as much as I do after all the shit she's pulled, but I just... can't... help... it. And TRUE, all things considered, we did get super lucky with the movies. There's just a couple things that I - personally - would have loved to see portrayed (like KREACHER), but all-in-all, that's probably more personal preference than it is things that are *actually* necessary to the plotline, LOL.

I have a really good friend that I always tell her she's Earth Kingdom because she's stubborn & hard-headed but really *only* about the things that matter. Like she is FIERCELY loyal, and she's a snarky little thing... she really reminds me a lot of Toph. So I tell her I think she's Earth Kingdom - specifically probably a metal bender. She seems to like that concept, even though I think she secretly wishes she was Water Tribe, LOL.
    Haha I get super offended on behalf of Hufflepuffs when other people shit on them, like, imagine making fun of people who are genuinely GOOD? Like what crawled up your ass and died XD

I take her public self-execution as a greenlight to basically do whatever I want as a fanartist with her world and characters, when I would never really do the same to other established IPs. Nothing is scared anymore, mwahaha!

Right like the THINGS you could do with metalbending whew imagine if you mixed it with lightning bending you're basically a technomancer excuse me?? Also I'm loving (and absolutely NOT surprised) at the number of Slytherins on ck. XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Yup I could never really enjoy the movies after I started reading the books (and I was like 3rd grader lmao). Also I totally know the feeling of having them memorized due to so many rereads! It's not as prominent now but as I'm rereading I remember certain sentences or phrases that I liked and kinda get excited when I get to them. When I first started reading them there was only until book 4, so I remember how I got excited with every new book + how much I've reread 1-4 (and later 5 and 6) while waiting. I think what made me first leave them behind was how many stuff I hated about book 7... it's still my least favorite and I still hate a lot of what is going on there but I'm more mature about it lol.
    LOL, I could see that. There was definitely a LOT to unpack in book 7 that I didn't love. Certain scenes, the way certain things played out... just icky. I think book 2 will always be my least favorite because it just scared me the most for some reason?? LOL. But then again, book 6 is my very favorite, and that one is like... the darkest, with some truly terrifying moments. I think I also love it, though, because that's where I really felt the story start to come together. Like that's where I really started to realize that the tiny details that you didn't think would matter in the earlier books actually play a HUGE ROLE in how the whole series comes together, so all of that really offset the scare factor for me, hahah.

I remember I started reading the books in like 4th or 5th grade because of the "Accelerated Reader" program at my school, and the books were worth SO MANY POINTS, hahah, so I read them... but then got HOOKED. But I think I was the same way, where the 3rd or 4th book was already out by the time I got to them.

It's just one of those things that will always be a part of my childhood & there's a certain nostalgia in that, hahaha.

Even with Neopets, I used to be exclusively in Harry Potter guilds, and even took a trip to Wizarding World of Harry Potter after it opened with a few of my neofriends (meeting them for the first time in real life after YEARS of owning HP guilds together). Have you ever been??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (11-12-2020)