Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your happiest memories on Neopets?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 8h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by edgyonpurpose View Post
    That said, I really fondly look back on the few days I puttered through the Altador Plot. It felt so intricate and advanced. There were so many moving parts. Every page had something secret to click. It was so magical and full of mystery. I also really loved doing the Tale of Woe.
    OMG I LOVED the ToW! I remember there was a part where you had to mix ingredients in a certain amount of seconds, and because back then a lot of people were still on like dial up or really shitty internet connection, people would have to mix 2x the ingredients and then halve it because their internet speeds were too slow to get it right off the bat.

And the Altador Plot too was amazing. I remember the constellation mapping thing and someone built a tool for it. I have such fond memories of these, thanks for reminding me.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-29-2020),kittyray (10-29-2020),Nyanobyte                      (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    127 times
    Time Online
    51d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    For me it was two different moments:
    The first one was when I was finally able to buy a full lab map, when there was this giveaway thing that TNT did (that they gave us a code that got us a Meepit + a Lab piece) and they were 1kk for a short while. I remember getting 2 nerkmids on a RE on that week that I sold to finally buy it.
    The second one was when I finally got my UC Darigan Draik, my first high tier UC. I've had the guy for years now, still one of my favorite pets.
    Amazing userbar by the talented (you need an account to see links)

P O L T E R G E I S T

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Danny Phantom For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-29-2020),Ice (10-29-2020),kittyray (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 12h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Oh man there's a lot.

I used to literally dream about painting my first pet fire when I first created him back in 2000. Finally getting to do it was euphoric as a kid. I was a mega-stereotypical lupe roleplayer and had so many fun late nights with new friends and obnoxiously angsty, overly-complicated plots....I still have my first pet, and still hear occasionally from old friends. A couple of the closest who have gone on super long hiatuses I still mail every now and again, just in case they come back. I got back from a 5+ years hiatus this year when quarantine started up. An old RP friend from saw me on the active neofriends sidebar and mailed me just so excited to see me back. Feels good man

Another special friendship: There was an artist who was A Big Deal back in very early Neo and I worshiped her from afar but never had any interaction with her, until one day we ended up on the same board in the old drama-filled Fan Club chat snarling at each other in some dumb fight that broke out. I can't remember any more what the fight was about or how we ended up in each other's neomails, but somehow we ended up deciding we actually really liked each other and became friends for years. This hero of mine and I started roleplaying, chatting all the time, and even doing art trades even though I totally sucked and she was awesome. The pic I have that she did of my first pet, my lupe, remains one of my personal treasures from childhood.

I had another pet (still have her) that I used to get random neomails and fanart about. She's a horror themed pet and when I still had her petpage up, I would get messages of people praising the story and how creepy they found it. Blew my mind that people actually 1) enjoyed what I wrote enough to read it and 2) some even took the time to draw her after the fact. I've wanted to be a fiction writer ever since I was a little kid so this was a lot of validation to my teenage self.

I could keep going on and on. I had kind of a screwy childhood out in the middle of nowhere so Neo was a fun social safe haven during some bad times.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-29-2020),dustyc (10-29-2020),Ice (10-29-2020),kittyray (10-29-2020),saleminute (11-01-2020),team rocket (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    950 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Yup it's pretty easy to pick out my happiest memory.

Back in the early 2000s I first learned about Neopets as a wee child, and I loooooooooooooooooooved the faerie kougra. Still do. I had a big wild cat/tiger phase then plus my obsession with purple and girly things like princesses and fairies. I wanted one SO badly but being a dumbass never knew how to make NPs and all my pets were ugly and basic. I even begged my mom to buy me a faerie kougra plushie IRL, which I still have (but am pretty sure it's packed with my childhood things in my parent's house, so I need to go raid it sometime). One day one of my school mates, who was actually GOOD at Neopets and had draiks and drew them prettily, said they got one from someone and asked if I wanted it. I fucking died, ascended, spirit moved to the astral plane etc. I remember spamming the quick adopt link like my life depended on it, and when I finally got it, I'm pretty sure my happiness was palpable.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-29-2020),Alister (10-29-2020),cornishwall (10-30-2020),dustyc (10-29-2020),edgyonpurpose (10-29-2020),kittyray (10-29-2020),Moss (10-29-2020),nataurs (10-29-2020),Nyanobyte                      (10-29-2020),team rocket (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    56d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    A few years ago I was trading for my dream pet (a T6 Faerie)- had a good enough offer and already a few considered when this girl mailed me wanting to gift me the very pet I was looking for with a beautiful name - just because they liked my design. Felt so unreal. We became good friends over the years and met them IRL too.

I met a lot of amazing people on the site, and my best memories will always be with the friends I made along the way.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-29-2020),dustyc (10-29-2020),Ice (10-29-2020),kittyray (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I have warm memories of waking up to collect from Advent Calendar when I was younger. I hiatus so much but I always come back around holiday time. Also I used to love getting the Christmas PB random event playing Cliffhanger. Terror Mountain as a whole just gives me the fuzzies

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reve For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-29-2020),kittyray (10-29-2020),Nyanobyte                      (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Pronouns
    Sponge
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    45d 22h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    For me regarding the earlier years of my Neopets life, one of the bes times was when I was ale to save up for a cybunny transmogrification potion and a krawk transmog potion. Seeing those 2 mutated creatures was pure heaven for me. And also I love (and still love) the advent calender.

Now my other favorite times was during the last major purges like back in 2010-2012? I had the best times with my nf's staying up ALL night long waiting for names to purge. Good times!
    http://clraik.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12084_2.gif
    I am a little obsessed with a certain yellow sponge.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpongeBob For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 11h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I got back into Neopets in high school when i remade my main. I would play in some business computer-related class when I finished my work. Someone saw me playing and decided to check on their own account and managed to log back in. This person would later be one of my closest friends during and after graduating. We got into Neocash and for each others birthdays gave each other NC cards that we would blow almost entirely on Jubjub Power Bounce. She was REALLY into NC trading and coached me on some of the nuances of it and had staunch opinions on some of the very overrated items some people seemed intent on trading for.

You know that thing people would do where they would write a quote on their pet's description and link it to the pet they were saying that to? Lol we had that, even though we didn't seriously RP, we would laugh about certain scenarios or ideas of our OCs interacting. We went on hiatus throughout college and even after, but we still keep in touch, although she's miles away in a different state. She still logs on, but due to a neoboards fiasco she's been perma-silenced lol

My cousins were into Neo too, same with Pokemon. I wasn't good at restocking but AG prizes eventually amounted to millions of NP and I would get them any item I could to make their dream pets a reality. Part of the reason why I never stuck to Neo initially as a kid was because I could never get the stuff I wanted, and I guess a part of me hoped they would continue playing, even though I could tell their interest was waning along with their interest in Pokemon. Out of all my cousins, I'm the only one that still plays either game. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a little sad, and the fact that it makes it seem as if I'm the only one in the family that didn't "outgrow" such things adds to that. I still look at their usernames on my NF list and smile though. They probably will never play again, but I won't delete them.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-30-2020),Ice (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    17d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    My happiest memories happened when converted pets actually had worth when trading. Younger me was so excited for the new month to trade for a Faerie Grarrl or Maraquan Lupe. I remember when Plushie pets were super valuable, and I got an FFQ and made one for myself. I was happy as a clam.

These days converted trading is basically no more and that excitement is gone.

Another happy memory was being in this wolf rp guild and actually having neofriends.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patamon For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-30-2020),Ice (10-29-2020),Worlds (10-29-2020)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    One of my happiest memories was finding friends to roleplay pets with. Probably around 2009, I was loosing interest in the site after the conversion, I didn't really have any attainable goals at the time. But thankfully I made my way to a board when I joined a group of friends that I would end up talking to daily. Everyday I would come home from school and there would always be someone online with a board up I could just jump onto and roleplay with. It's what got me into coming up with my own characters and making art and lookups for my pets! I never even roleplayed before I found them, I guess I was just curious and ended up loving it and becoming a regular to them. And honestly if it weren't for them, I might have quit. Miss those days when more people roleplayed on the site.

And an offsite memory would be going to my local Limited Too all the time just to look at Neopets merch. I still remember the store layout and where the Neopets stuff was.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-30-2020),Ice (10-30-2020),kittyray (10-30-2020),Sakuras (10-31-2020)