21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m

[kpop] Twice "I Can't Stop Me"

Twice's new song, "I Can't Stop Me" came out not too long ago! Easy to say this is another hit, super catchy and I'm loving the dance. The MV is a big pile of wtf imagery (in a great, JYP way) but I think this will quickly become one of my favs to listen to on repeat. (Also that 2160p 4k quality, whew)

Any other ONCE here? I'm not like a diehard Twice fan (G-friend is probably my top "idol" girl group lol) but generally I love all their songs and Dahyun is too precious. The last title song I really loved was Fancy (although More and More is still solid).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Blue-tooth (10-28-2020),motherfucker (10-28-2020),nousha (10-29-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Twice's new song, "I Can't Stop Me" came out not too long ago! Easy to say this is another hit, super catchy and I'm loving the dance. The MV is a big pile of wtf imagery (in a great, JYP way) but I think this will quickly become one of my favs to listen to on repeat. (Also that 2160p 4k quality, whew)

Any other ONCE here? I'm not like a diehard Twice fan (G-friend is probably my top "idol" girl group lol) but generally I love all their songs and Dahyun is too precious. The last title song I really loved was Fancy (although More and More is still solid).
    I'd consider myself a 0.5 Once.

They have some great bops. This one is cute.

The Subway Set at 1:33 reminds me so much of "As If It's Your Last" by BP.
    Last edited by motherfucker; 10-28-2020 at 11:41 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Blue-tooth (10-28-2020),Ice (10-28-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 17h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    how do I start this... I've never really listened to kpop before. never really had a reason to and didnt wanna just pop on any random song.
    however...
    this..
    I love it! i think it's the whole song mixed with the dancing, as im trying to listen while browsing and i keep finding myself going back to the video. im literally in love rn. with them. all. all of them. whats happening to me. i need more.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-28-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I loved everything about the music, the choreography...just everything in general. It sort of reminds me of old pop music if that makes sense? I've noticed a few idol groups have decided to revisit either disco era, old (but still catchy) pop music, or just referencing these sort of genres in general. Also, Jihyo with red hair??? Sign me up she looks so good!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanjiro For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-28-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    @(you need an account to see links) YEEEEEEESSS! Welcome to the world of kpop!! I can provide!! I'll start you off with some of my favorite other songs from Twice, since you seem to like their vibe. Are there other sorts of genres you like in particular? I can think of more recommendations based off that. (For kpop there's generally like your basic "pop" style, then there are groups that are more rnb or ballady, as well as a few darker/edgier groups. Lots of "badass" girl groups as well, with hip hop or rap influences.)

@(you need an account to see links) Jihyo slays me no matter what she does, I cry Y_Y she's honestly too pure and good for this world! And yeah it's weird SK reaaally loves the retro aesthetic lmao

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-28-2020),nousha (10-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 17h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) YEEEEEEESSS! Welcome to the world of kpop!! I can provide!! I'll start you off with some of my favorite other songs from Twice, since you seem to like their vibe. Are there other sorts of genres you like in particular? I can think of more recommendations based off that. (For kpop there's generally like your basic "pop" style, then there are groups that are more rnb or ballady, as well as a few darker/edgier groups. Lots of "badass" girl groups as well, with hip hop or rap influences.)
    hello am i still here? i think i got transported to an alternate universe where all i want to do is sing and dance. i really love these a lot. Fancy!!!! its my vibe, i feel the goodness. i also really like More & More, specially when the beat drops! dancing in my seat.
    thank you thank you for showing these to me! I'll admit i hopped to YT and looked for more and heard What is Love and something else I forget bc i closed the window. i loved them!! I love me some pop any day of the week, but you hit the nail on the head with hip-hop - rap. r&b, slow jams. i fricken love beats and bangers and house music, something that creeps into your soul, lifts it up and then drops it back into the earth. earth-shattering (kaboom). overall, anything really. just no country. not my cup of tea. i'm so ready for anything else you have up your sleeve.

i happened to look them up as well and something about Sana just makes me want to be her. idk. i love Twice now.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-28-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    hello am i still here? i think i got transported to an alternate universe where all i want to do is sing and dance. i really love these a lot. Fancy!!!! its my vibe, i feel the goodness. i also really like More & More, specially when the beat drops! dancing in my seat.
    thank you thank you for showing these to me! I'll admit i hopped to YT and looked for more and heard What is Love and something else I forget bc i closed the window. i loved them!! I love me some pop any day of the week, but you hit the nail on the head with hip-hop - rap. r&b, slow jams. i fricken love beats and bangers and house music, something that creeps into your soul, lifts it up and then drops it back into the earth. earth-shattering (kaboom). overall, anything really. just no country. not my cup of tea. i'm so ready for anything else you have up your sleeve.

i happened to look them up as well and something about Sana just makes me want to be her. idk. i love Twice now.
    Oooh a baby ONCE is born with a Sana bias Sana is really cute and popular! Twice is one of the rare groups where I can distinguish all the members and have feelings about most of them - a lot of the other girl groups (and mind you, the kpop girl group industry is practically inundated with pretty faces abound) blend together. I'll definitely take a closer look and pull up some more recs when I have some more time later! I'll probably try to find a song or two from various groups, but it's safe to say that if you like a group's vibe, you should definitely check out their other songs as well!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-28-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I really like this. Breakthrough was pretty good, but I'm with you on Fancy being the last one I really loved. I'll definitely be adding this to my playlist though. It's got the right combination of upbeat rhythm and catchy chorus that fits my desires. I'm very curious to hear how their collab with KDA goes!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-28-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    I really like this. Breakthrough was pretty good, but I'm with you on Fancy being the last one I really loved. I'll definitely be adding this to my playlist though. It's got the right combination of upbeat rhythm and catchy chorus that fits my desires. I'm very curious to hear how their collab with KDA goes!

Holy crap I had no idea they're doing a collab with KDA, that's awesome! I don't have any care for LoL or G-idle (outside of the fact that I recognize they're very talented and have fun songs, but I don't really follow/particularly stan them) but I hope this collab song is fire. The Baddest was just a more disappointing rehash of Popstars, and More was a slightly better rehash of Popstars in my opinion lol. I hope they can come up with something fresh and unique by throwing Twice into the mix! :o

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I never listened to TWICE before??? I stopped listening to girl groups once Girls Generation broke up one million years ago, and apparently I've been sleeping on TWICE!

Also loving Fancy and More & More! I do love the like... OG K-pop feeling of a lot of these? Like, Blackpink isn't... K-pop enough for me somehow??? It feels a lot more generic while I feel like TWICE is just unapologetically K-pop and I love that.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-28-2020)