25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 17h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Oooh a baby ONCE is born with a Sana bias Sana is really cute and popular! Twice is one of the rare groups where I can distinguish all the members and have feelings about most of them - a lot of the other girl groups (and mind you, the kpop girl group industry is practically inundated with pretty faces abound) blend together. I'll definitely take a closer look and pull up some more recs when I have some more time later! I'll probably try to find a song or two from various groups, but it's safe to say that if you like a group's vibe, you should definitely check out their other songs as well!
    i'm a ONCE, that is so adorable! I just read what it meant bc i was gonna ask and was like, no i have google, lol. When I saw Sana sitting in the video, I tried to find her more, and then find out more about her. I think she is adorable, but they all are! I didnt want to choose one originally, but i kept rewatching the video and my heart melted whenever i saw her. my sincere apologies on the request for more btw. i think i was just overly excited and you have done way more than expected already! i can browse about, and look into the other group you mentioned that you liked. i appreciate the unexpected intro into kpop. 'scuse me while i blast the song 100 more times.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-28-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    @(you need an account to see links) No apologies necessary! Honestly I think that for a newbie to the genre, kpop can be really overwhelming. And I really only keep in moderate touch with the girl groups, I don't listen to the modern boy groups of today (I just feel too old to fangirl over the ones of my generation lol, but I can give recs for older-gen boy groups ), but there are just soooo many groups it's daunting and they can blur together. I'll try to give you a decent variety, but I'll primarily be pulling from older groups since I'm more familiar with them!

I'm going to list groups and then some genre tags then some songs from them that I either like or stood out/were super popular. (I'll underline the songs I REALLY like lol) Also kpop groups go through image phases, and for girls it usually starts out cutesy/innocent when they're young, maybe something experimental in the middle, then more adult/sexy image when they're older lol. And most of the song recs are singles/"title" songs which means they have music videos and are much more fun to watch. :p But b-side tracks on EPs or full length albums can be gems too!

Gen 2

Gen 3

Gen 4

Soloists (I don't follow many but here are a few stand outs, some used to be part of other girl groups)

I realize now I should have just made a YT playlist, I'm sorry I have no foresight. Again this is a lot obviously but you can pretty much just click on random songs on YT on what's recommended next/related and you're sure to land on something fun. XD

Very last thing, I got your PM and replied but I'm not sure if it'll go through because I've been having issues with my PMs lately. If you don't have a reply from me, feel free to PM me another way to contact you if you wish!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    14d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Thank you for sharing, I generally like Kpop, Jpop (also J-rock), I love the aesthetics but I don't know anything about bands, names, trends etc. I've always wondered why the band members are so numerous? For some reason it seems very strange to me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nousha For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-29-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Honestly I think at the end of the day it's a pure money-making thing (jpop groups are MASSIVE too lol) cos the more members the more fans I guess ?? But 9 members was kind of the golden standard for "big" groups since Girls' Generation, and Twice does it to perfection IMO. Also for those who don't know Twice has a few Japanese members (Mina, Sana, Momo) and 1 Chinese (Tzuyu) member!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-29-2020),nousha (10-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 17h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    first off, @(you need an account to see links) , you're incredible. second, thank you for being so cool. i see the overwhelming factor, as i dove straight in today. there is so much, past and present. i'm really fangirling hardcore over here and maybe i shouldnt be. 2020 yolo. a sucker for a good tune and "i cant stop me" is gonna be my workout one for a while. no mind in either type of group. tho backstreet boys always knows the shape of my heart.

i'm reading through and so happy there are 2NE1 and Miss A suggestions. ive heard so many things about them so i'll be listening. 4 Minute and Sistar sound appealing. AOA got me with queens of sexy pop. your descriptions are immaculate btw. i wanna listen to everything now. Pristin - Weewoo, gonna have to listen to that for the song name alone. even song names are popping out, Full Moon, Violeta, Starry Night.

you did all the work, i couldnt expect from you a whole playlist. thank you for laying everything out with explanations on genres and lists of songs. super hyped about it all. i'll watch all the MV suggestions (without a doubt), and go through the groups when time is available. im going on a whole ass adventure in the coming weeks.

no PM came in. sorry to hear about the issues. i'll reach out with alternate means if i can scavenge one out. thank you again.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-29-2020)