Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interior decorating show off thread!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombabe View Post
    Oh wow, Druid. This is amazing! I'm fairly certain I've downloaded a crapton of CC for The Sims just to make a room like this for them in the past
    Thank you!! Haha it almost definitely had Sim predecessors, that�s probably where I first saw a lot of this kind of furniture

Quote Originally Posted by dustyc View Post
    Love this thread! I love cozy little rooms with lots of plants. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this since my room is currently just...all over the place, and I'm really in need of inspiration for some simple furniture like shelving and chairs!
    Thanks! I fully support seating areas in bedrooms, this loveseat has changed my life

Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    I don't have much to show off right now because we are still in the middle of fixing up our house but I wanted to at least say I love what you did with the room!

It just looks so inviting and cozy. I want to lay down and read a book just looking at it You did a great job!
    Thanks so much! That�s the exact energy I wanted/need, cozy but skewed a little toward library or office energy. I�m hopefully going back to school soon and this feels like somewhere I can study while also being comfortable. And fixing up a house is exciting! That�s one of my pipe dreams, but would need to either leave the city or get a significantly fancier job.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I planted some new cat grass to hopefully have a little more green to show off, but it's just starting to sprout and my cat is already going after it. Also, I'm starting to feel like my place is so plain.
    This is my uhh 7th bedroom in the last 10 years, and only the last two or three have been particularly decorated (starting when I built the OG shelves). It�s very much a process! Things I�ve found made the biggest difference are statement walls, big shelves (require books/plants/collectibles/whatever, but if you have stuff displaying it is a big help), and art - not necessarily just prints and paintings, also things like my little zebra bust or my macrame hanging. This is getting into my personal taste but I find a variety of textures and textiles really makes a space feel full.

Re: cat grass I once catsat for a friend (before I had my own cat) and the supplies she brought over were: cat food, litter box + litter, cat carrier, cat�s �eating fern� because he was so into plants he had a specific giant one just for him lmao

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-26-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post

This is my uhh 7th bedroom in the last 10 years, and only the last two or three have been particularly decorated (starting when I built the OG shelves). It�s very much a process! Things I�ve found made the biggest difference are statement walls, big shelves (require books/plants/collectibles/whatever, but if you have stuff displaying it is a big help), and art - not necessarily just prints and paintings, also things like my little zebra bust or my macrame hanging. This is getting into my personal taste but I find a variety of textures and textiles really makes a space feel full.

Re: cat grass I once catsat for a friend (before I had my own cat) and the supplies she brought over were: cat food, litter box + litter, cat carrier, cat�s �eating fern� because he was so into plants he had a specific giant one just for him lmao

I feel like I've gone in both directions. I've also gone through a lot of apartments the past few years and have definitely developed more of a style/taste over time. But what you mentioned is actually what I've been really trying to cultivate � adding more texture and dimension to my wall art. Unfortunately this has been mostly since covid that I've been trying in earnest due to spending so much time in my apartment, but of course now I can't go out and shop around.

Also, my cat is SO into greens and plants and eating all of them. Everything I get has to be in jars or terrariums or something!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-27-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    This is such a great idea for a thread! I like your space a lot. How do you get inspiration for your spaces? I'd love to redo mine, but I never know what to look for... like what IS my style, you know?
    I like to base my space style off of one or two really great things, and then build the room around that. Like, my entire bathroom is base off of a shower curtain I found and fell in love with. My kitchen is based off of a mural I really loved and recreated above my sink. My living room is based around this beautful orange couch I found. My bedroom started off of a poster I loved that I mod podged onto my dresser..

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-27-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links) you got me wanting to buy some mini shelves for decor and stuff to hang more stuff! Torn between wanting to share now while my apartment resembles cleanliness and waiting until I can hang some more of my art and spruce up my more blank wall/s.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
    I like to base my space style off of one or two really great things, and then build the room around that. Like, my entire bathroom is base off of a shower curtain I found and fell in love with. My kitchen is based off of a mural I really loved and recreated above my sink. My living room is based around this beautful orange couch I found. My bedroom started off of a poster I loved that I mod podged onto my dresser..
    Ooooh that all sounds awesome! I�d love to see, if you�re comfortable sharing.

@(you need an account to see links) you got me wanting to buy some mini shelves for decor and stuff to hang more stuff! Torn between wanting to share now while my apartment resembles cleanliness and waiting until I can hang some more of my art and spruce up my more blank wall/s.
    I love before & afters, so like.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

LibraryFaerie (10-28-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Ooooh that all sounds awesome! I�d love to see, if you�re comfortable sharing.

I love before & afters, so like.....
    Some pictures I took still looked messy af, so it's bits-and-piece-y, but here are the highlights.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-30-2020),Digipoop (10-30-2020),Druid (10-30-2020),dustyc (11-01-2020),Erik. (11-01-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Ooooh that all sounds awesome! I’d love to see, if you’re comfortable sharing.
    Definitely comfortable sharing! Will try to snap some pics later tonight! The aesthetic has changed a bit since my partner moved in - trying to take his opinions into consideration or whatev lol

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-30-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Some pictures I took still looked messy af, so it's bits-and-piece-y, but here are the highlights.

Oooooh cool! I love walls covered in lots of small pieces like that. Looooove the trunk your TV is on too

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

kittyray (10-30-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Your awesome rooms have got me into the mood of finally cleaning up and uncluttering a bit lol. @(you need an account to see links) I love the Mucha paintings, he's my favorite painter! I'm thinking of getting a print of his "Zodiac" or "Job Cigarettes":

@(you need an account to see links) The wall of artwork in different frames/ no frames is very inspiring, I'm thinking of doing something similar but I'm not sure if I want it in the bedroom or living room. I was actually thinking of focusing a bunch of frames in a corner of a room (if that makes sense) over a sofa/armchair. I'm concerned though, because the wall that I would like them on in the living room is opposite to a south window and the constant sun could bleach the art prints/photographs..

Current living situation isn't the best because I just moved in and there were boxes everywhere.. But on the flip side I finally got my own empty place and I can slowly decorate it however I like! I'd love to share some pics in the future once I've got a bit more stuff

Custom userbar by GreyFaerie â¦
    ~~~~

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Digipoop For This Useful Post:

dustyc (11-01-2020),kittyray (10-30-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links) thank you! I've got a lot of stuff I've collected over the years (and dying to buy more, especially lately I want to spend so much money on art!)

@(you need an account to see links) thanks! The variation is mostly due to general availability and some of these things being oddly dimensioned so it's difficult to find frames for. Also frames are expensive. ;-; I'm trying to find more non-flat decorations to add into the mix. Mine is also in the corner, but I don't have as much on the other wall. I have the same worry about bleaching. I have a glass door that faces west and the wall I didn't show sometimes gets a lot of light, which is why I only hung things recently.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Digipoop (11-01-2020)