Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interior decorating show off thread!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I need to know what is on your bookshelf, and if you're in the Reshelving Alexandria FB group.

I have small children; so no amazing spaces atm. ):

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstra View Post
    I need to know what is on your bookshelf, and if you're in the Reshelving Alexandria FB group.

I have small children; so no amazing spaces atm. ):
    Lol I’m a fraud, the top two shelves are movies & TV. And I haven’t heard of that group but the title has me interested [eyes emoji]. There are more books downstairs but the faves are in here

I’m one of those awful people who organizes books by “vibing it”. Bottom left of the shelf is sci-fi/speculative which is probably my fave genre as a whole, into All Time Faves in the middle, (transitioning from the left with Gaiman, into other children’s, into ‘old timey’), then that uses Colette to transition smoothly into the fave queer lit section, and then inexplicably Atwood at the end. Above the Atwood is less favourite but still good queer lit, then less favourite but still good old timey, then contemporary/miscellaneous, then uh Fandom which is a mix of comedians’ autobiographies and things like Wicked and HP, then back to children’s lit for the top left (things like Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, Black Beauty, The Secret Garden.. a lot of my favourite classics are pretty young). Oh and bottom shelf by the TV is comics! Ft. DND manuals and folders of character sheets

Very fair, that definitely shuffles priorities around! Though I do love looking at kids’ room designs. I love old toys and thinking about a room they’d make sense in is always fun (but yeah definitely easier dreamed about without like actually parenting any kids!)

Also! Dug up some pictures of the room I moved out of, for whoever was talking about floor space. Nothing says Toronto like...

And some worse pictures to really drive home the size
    Last edited by Druid; 10-22-2020 at 02:37 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Digipoop (10-30-2020),Erik. (11-01-2020),kittyray (10-24-2020),Maelstra (10-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    One day I'd like to have different vibes for different rooms depending on what they're for.
    Living room - mostly pastels and earth tones, fairycore type feel, with natural mid-light woods, and florals.
    Bedroom - Warm purples, very soothing colours with silver accents of swirls and stars.
    Craft room - Pastel very fun and light and airy.
    Bathroom - White, deep pinks, silver or copper/rose gold.
    Kitchen - Always wanted something vintage inspired, I sway between a minty blue/green, and yellow colour scheme.

Probably a bit tacky but I don't hate tacky, plus tacky is very subjective. I know I'm dreaming because I'm probably never going to be able to actually have a place that I can do much with, but it's nice to imagine.

Right now I live in a single room in my parents place because money sucks, and I have way too many things so it's very cluttered and cramped since I like to collect a lot of things and I had gotten unused to living in such a small space. Everything is also really mismatched in a way that is clearly not intentional because there are many things about the space I can't really do anything about.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoopnDoot For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-23-2020),kittyray (10-23-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Obsessed with that loveseat @(you need an account to see links), your entire room is lovely. Has a super cozy look to it, please tell more about your plants

Once I finish repainting my furniture and moving I'll come revisit here with mine

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    @(you need an account to see links). I love this. I am also super envious of your plants! I have a lot of friends who have gone plant crazy over lockdown and I wish I had the same green thumb. I can barely keep a weed alive haha.

I love your furniture too!

I got really into painting during lockdown and redid a bathroom and spare room. But the furniture is lack-luster haha. I'll have to post some of my DIY before and afters.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    @(you need an account to see links) I feel like that�s exactly why I love the Sims haha! Can plan entire themed houses. I wish I owned my place & that it was like a full sized house instead of a teeny apartment, I have so many ideas. Nothing specific about colour or anything because I think it depends on the space and light and stuff, but I�ve been looking at a lot of like, added wall mouldings? To make plain drywall look like those old Parisian apartments. Also I desperately want a conservatory. One daaaaayyy

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)
    Lol thanks guys! I�m an amateur at best plant person but I try to treat them well. My absolutely favourites are monsteras - the Swiss cheese monstera in the window, and I have a monstera deliciosa downstairs (these guys and a few of my others are toxic to cats, but I�m blessed with a cat that couldn�t give less of a shit about plants and they�re kept in spots he doesn�t have easy access to just in case).

Now looking left to right from where I�m sitting. The other window plant is a spiderwort, which is new to me but I like so far. The tree is a pretty dramatic statement, I think it�s a palm? It appears to be healthy despite me not knowing what it is, it used to be too close to a lightbulb and we lost a few leaves but it�s safe now. The fairy cactus in the bell jar is a favourite. I�m awful about killing succulents but for some reason cacti are easier? Then there�s some sticks of bamboo in both fish tanks and a few more in their own vase on the shelf. The aloe is pretty new & doing shockingly well given my track record with succulents. The moon cactus beside it has been with me for like 4 years but suddenly starting to look sickly - hopefully it�s not too far gone and I can save it though. Then behind that is a money tree. The philodendron near the top was propogated from a big one downstairs. Above that is another one that I�m not fully sure the identity of, but it appears to be a similar jungle plant. The two tiny strings of pearls on the second shelf were gifts and I�ve definitely accidentally abused them but they�ve been troopers. The little round cactus on the left of the shelf seems happy enough, the one on the right was happy for YEARS but suddenly turned white and died like this week ;-;

My problem with plants is typically that I�m awful about remembering how long it�s been since anything - tasks that happen daily (feed the pets, clean the litter box) are easy, tasks that I can see need being done before it�s dire (top up / clean the fish tanks, water plants that show a slight wilt like philodendrons do) are easy, anything that�s like �a couple times a week� or �every 5 days or so� or whatever for some reason breaks my brain.

To your non-plant points - yeah this loveseat has quickly become my entire world. And I love looking at before/afters! Definitely post �em

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Oh wow, Druid. This is amazing! I'm fairly certain I've downloaded a crapton of CC for The Sims just to make a room like this for them in the past

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombabe For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-24-2020)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Love this thread! I love cozy little rooms with lots of plants. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this since my room is currently just...all over the place, and I'm really in need of inspiration for some simple furniture like shelving and chairs!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-24-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I don't have much to show off right now because we are still in the middle of fixing up our house but I wanted to at least say I love what you did with the room!

It just looks so inviting and cozy. I want to lay down and read a book just looking at it You did a great job!

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I planted some new cat grass to hopefully have a little more green to show off, but it's just starting to sprout and my cat is already going after it. Also, I'm starting to feel like my place is so plain.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB