Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody play fanmade pok�mon games?

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    78d 23h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m

anybody play fanmade pok�mon games?

i'll tell u hwat, pok�mon reborn is pretty fckin good. it's the hardest pok�mon game i have ever played and they usually don't challenge me. the story is a little ~*~edgy~*~ but i have almost 400 hours in it and there are 18 gym leaders.

pok�mon uranium is also really really good, but they were issued a cease and desist letter from nintendo, so they weren't allowed to expand on it anymore. they have a completely new fanmade pok�dex as well, which is boss.

i have insurgence and rejuvenation downloaded but haven't played them yet.

any other recommended ones?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to team rocket For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Does pokefarm q count as a fan made game?
    Cus that's one of the best imo. if it has custom megas, I am all over it as a fan game.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Ok, so I have heard of Pokemon Reborn but had never tried it. Downloaded it this morning. ITS AWESOME. The music absolutely slaps. So far this has to be the most fun I've had on a Pokemon game in a good while. Its challenging right from the start and the story is pleasantly geared towards a more mature audience. Idek how to handle 18 gym leaders. This is so much fun.

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (10-10-2020),team rocket (10-12-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Now this is a thread I can contribute a ton

I'm playing Pokemon Rejuvenation atm, almost at the end of all the avaliable content. The plot can be a whole clusterfuck (endless amount of characters) and too cringy at some (many) points, but the difficulty makes it totally worth it (I'm playing on Intense mode).
    The fields they created add tons of depth to the battles, although it can be very unfair a lot of times since I) the game gives you almost 0 good pokemon and all remotely decent ones are locked behind some sidequest (so choose you starter well I'd say) II) there are tons of important double battles and you NEVER get Protect TM (it literally doesn't exist in the current version - but I guess it would make it too easy baiting the AI) III) you get literally 0 good held items for the entire game except for the 10% typing boost ones (like charcoal) and even then they come pretty late and IV) also you get no megas and z-moves while a lot of the NPCs use them.
    EV training is super easy though, so that's a very big plus (and you'll need it!).

I know this seemed more like a rant lol, but the game is very good, as well as the amazing soundtrack. One last thing I love about it is the amount of pokemon you can train due to the level cap - I have almost a full box of level 80+ pokemon, all ev trained (pic related below )

After I'm done with it, at least until the next episode is out (it's missing the 2 last gyms + E4), I will start playing Reborn.

I have also played some romhacks :
    Blaze Black and Renegade Platinum - all drayano hacks are pretty good. Decent challenge (not insanely difficult tho) and a lot of good twists on many pokemon making them very viable. I'm waiting for the updated HGSS one (my favorite mainline games)
    Radical Red - my favorite hackrom, it's pretty recent and, with that new Fire Red engine, has everything you could ask for: megas, gen 8 pokemon and even max raid battles. Can be very difficult at times too - the extra plot it added at Cerulean Cave is pretty awesome as well. Also has some very cool upgrades to a lot of shitmons like the above hacks (my fairy/grass strength sap meganium carried me in a ton of battles)

And lastly....
    Pokemon Insurgece is the best fanmade game I have ever played. So I'll just list what I find good about it because I could talk about this game all day

+It's hard: Not as hard as Rejuvenation, but it's very challenging (again, I played on the hardest difficulty with no items in battle + set option) and you really need some good strategies. The game gives you the tools though
    +Way easier to customize your pokemon: The only thing you can't change are natures, but you can get infinite ability capsules from the 3rd gym onwards and also IV stones later to make one of your IVs 31. You have an IV/EV tab on your pokemon menu showing exactly what they are (rejuvenation also has this). Very useful.
    +Secret base: everything you'll ever need will be in your secret base, from ev training to audino level grinder, makes changing party members and grinding nearly effortless. I find it fun designing them as well
    +Plot: Although it can be very edgy and way overboard with some of the fanfiction at times (I guess that's a problem all fan games have at some point lol) it's pretty well written and everything makes sense. Also they don't just slap legendaries on ppls teams randomly like all other games, they all have pretty good reason to be with who they are.
    +Postgame: even after you beat the E4 for the first time, there's a lot to do. And I mean A LOT. After you are done with the postgame plot you can challenge the updated E4 as well.
    +Soundtrack: ok they can be very repetitive at times because they repeat some of the music in a lot of places, but all the ones they made are very very good. They are all original and not remixes
    +New (great) megas: literally what gamefreak shoul've done but never did
    +Delta pokemon: As someone who despises fakemons, these surely grew on me. It helps that they are alternate forms of pre-existing pokemon (just like megas I guess). Only bad thing is that most of them are locked behind postgame

lol i think i've typed too much already so I'll just stop there. Honestly playing hackroms/fangames is a one way road, I don't think I'm ever playing a standard game freak pokemon game again
    Last edited by Saturnine; 10-10-2020 at 01:47 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturnine For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (10-10-2020),team rocket (10-12-2020)

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    78d 23h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    how are you liking reborn so far? what part are you on?

so insurgence is really good! the story is sooo much easier to follow than reborn's, and i think the cults are TIGHT! i also really like the introduction of the delta species. between reborn and insurgence, i am not used to being level 50+ and only having like 3 badges. it's so weird!!

i agree w/ you tho...the fanmade games are way more fun imo. and i like having the ~*~adult content~*~. it's more reminiscent of what could happen if pokemon were real (i.e. people using them as weapons, etc.). i've had more fun with these than i have with an actual pokemon game in awhile.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to team rocket For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    It is beyond frustrating, in the best way possible.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

team rocket (10-26-2020)

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    78d 23h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    It is beyond frustrating, in the best way possible.
    i know!! i love that you have to think about how to win. definitely not for newbies, that's for sure. just wait til you get to later gyms' field effects because omfg. the poison type leader (aya) KICKED MY ASS. she was the hardest gym leader for me. i probably battled her legit like 30 times. i grinded sooooo long for that damn gym. when i finally beat a gym i'd tell my boyfriend and he'd be like "how many tries did that one take you?" lolol

and the annoying part is that you lose hella money when you do lose, and that can set you up for failure later on. i started quick saving before each (important) fight so i didn't fuck myself out of super potions or revives for later use. also, there are a million and 1 annoying ass puzzles (some excruciatingly tedious) to do so i hope you like those as well. wait til you get to route 1's. if you need any help, let me know! i don't know if it's because i'm playing on "hard" mode in insurgence, but you don't lose money when you lose a fight and i like that so much better.

also, there are areas you can grind in in reborn throughout the game that help tremendously, and the NPCs level up with you. you can fight trainers in the grand hall (diff trainer(s) for each day of the week) and when you get to agate circus, there's a clown that you can fight for grindage too. (you need an account to see links) is a very helpful mod pack. i didn't find it til later in the game but omg it will help so much.
    Last edited by team rocket; 10-26-2020 at 12:16 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to team rocket For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Can’t even fathom how bad you get your ass handed to you with a poison style gym with field effects. Can already see my teams health getting chipped away and trying to juggle antidotes and getting attacks in. Oh my. I totally get why you’d be grinding for a good while to beat it! Thats a smart way to go about it, use a quick save and then whatever happens, happens, restart. Puzzles sounds really interesting?! Usually puzzles aren’t so bad, but if its ever time you try to do something *bam* puzzle, it can get a bit tired.

How has Insurgence been? It looks like it has unique Pokemon? That was one of the things I really liked about Reborn is the recolors for shiny Pokemon, they look really good.

Ok, I am looking at this mod pack now, and it looks amazing! Someone said its been raining and they can not use fire types?! THE WEATHER HAS THAT AFFECT IN THIS GAME?! The unreal time is also going to be a life saver since im never going to be able to really get the early morning Pokemon. Ahh, this is great, thank you so much for all of the info and help, its going to make a huge difference.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yes i've played alot of roms

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I'm glad you liked it as well! Too bad insurgence is not getting any updates anymore (unlike reborn and rejuvenation) since the devs moved on a long time ago. These games are really on another level, yeah.

Speaking of Reborn, I'm playing it right now (have been for a few weaks actually - although at a slower pace since I was without my pc this past week too)
    It's pretty much as good as I expected having played these other fangames before. I don't think it's as hard as rejuvenation on intense mode (I don't think any game will be as hard as that lol) but it's still super challenging. I have 14 badges right now and the hardest gym for me so far was that psychic double battle one - totally caught off guard by that trick room team