DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Forgive me if I'm overstepping any boundaries in what I have to say. I sell, trade, buy, and observe. I'd say overall the prices across the board are fair, and reflect the PC's trends as well as population numbers, but there's just a few outliers that strike me as odd. These few just need minor adjustments, nothing drastic like dropping half or a third from its current price.

Gelerts have been mentioned (definitely agree the Darigan and Grey should flip-flop prices), but there's also the Darigan Techo which seems a bit on the higher-end.

The plushies are difficult because they're either commonplace or nearly extinct, and this factor conflicts with popularity as well. There's not a lot of Plush Quiggles, because they weren't popular back then when they could be created. But then you have the Plush Gnorbu, a new and fairly popular pet which had a very short window to create before conversion happened. So determining those values, I don't know what to say unfortunately.

I don't know how much anyone wants to align with the tier guide, I personally feel there isn't a need to strictly follow it. Not everyone trades on PC, plenty of people are wanting their pet to purposely avoid that wretched place.

Sorry again if I've no business to speak about these sorts of things or to drop my 2 cents!
    Last edited by Abyss; 10-05-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    A lot of things that were said above I agree with.

In general it seems really hard to sell T1-T5 pets at these prices (with exception of the few popular ones such as the T5 faeries). Above these tiers it seems to get a bit better for the demand.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bootiesrus For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (10-05-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (10-05-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 20h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Most of my feedback would echo that which has already been said, but I can outline some specific examples. I think prices on the whole are pretty "okay," but there's just a few spots where we are just in need of a refresh again.

• Desert Aisha/Kau -- Possibly a bit on the high side considering low popularity and plentiful stock.
    • Faerie Shoyru -- Price is much too low considering available stock and popularity and as compared to other UC Faeries. It should be closer in price to the other UC Faeries like Ixi, Pteri, or Peophin. Fae Shoyru is listed at 35 -- Lenny & Kougra are 50, Ruki is 55, and Ixi is 60. And with exception of Ruki, all of those others are a lot more plentiful than Shoyrus. I would recommend they be at 50 -- or at least 45.
    • Faerie Kougra -- On that subject, Faerie Kougra probably is too high
    • Faerie Tonu/Tuskaninny -- I would probably flipflop the pricing on these, or split the difference and equalize them (IE, list both at 115 instead of Tonu 100, Tusk 130)
    • Grey Gelert -- Agree that 90 is high, but I don't think it needs to be brought down as far as Abyss suggests. Ixis are pretty stable at 80, and gelerts are less popular than them, so I would think 70-75 would be a good place for gelert.
    • Pets over $300 -- Probably not much should be at or over $300 except VWN Darigan Wocky and RB Kyrii. While I would agree that 250 is where more people would have their comfort level be for a large purchase, the second you make that the VWN list price, you will get people undercutting it. I think a $300 ceiling for the rarest/lowest stock/most premium pet seems reasonable enough.
    • Our new scaling percentages for WN, DN, BN, VBN are possibly in need of adjustment, but they are very new, so this is definitely something I'd like to hear from others on. The sliding scale between WN and DN, for example, is really minimal when it comes to price difference on a pet that isn't high dollar, so it is hard to really sell someone on a better price on a lesser named pet when you are only taking off $2-3.

I would also agree that we don't need to conform to the PC's latest and greatest "tier" list, because it will evolve and change and popularity of pets waxes and wanes. But it does help to know what is popular and what is trading well or trading poorly, because like it or not, people will buy pets and introduce them to the PC. For every buyer who purchases a pet with no intention of visiting the boards there are 2 who inevitably post with their pet active or even trade the pet they bought. It happens. It can't be avoided.

If we had been a bit more on the spot with monitoring where our prices were versus demand, maybe sellers could have made a little more money on pets like faerie shoyrus, or moved a few more baby kougras for certain someones to get frozen. It's just good knowledge to have, so I think even though we're not going to rank and price by PC tier... maybe we consider market fluctuations on like a quarterly or half-yearly or even yearly basis to avoid falling behind.

This probably got rambly and incoherent but hopefully there was enough sense incorporated that I contributed positively to the discussion.

PS - Stop doom posting, I got enough of that "IRL" man.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Extraterrestrial (10-22-2020),Fabulous (10-07-2020),Foxglove (10-07-2020),Gato (10-07-2020),Ice (10-07-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (10-07-2020),Stardust (10-07-2020),TMGC (10-07-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Has anybody ever considered less stringent pricing and instead listing a price range? I have always liked having the price list as a guide as to the value/rarity of a pet - but as times change and pets become more or less popular - their prices should reflect that. We can see how uc dari wockys have skyrocketed in price, while others have sort of waned. I have a list of literally 500 VWN (6L or less) uc baby kougras - and I see pets in that range as more of a starter pet; something to get to break into trading and work towards other pets.

While name does have an impact on the trading value, it doesn't have AS big of an impact unless the name is absolute shiiiit. A grey gelert with the format Xxxxxx, XxxxXxxxXxxx, Xxxxx_Xxxxx are still desirable and will still trade very high. To me, the only point in time where a name really plays an impact is when the name is something like xxxXxx###_xxXxx# or something equally terrible. If it can be nicknamed, that's usually what most people want. Nicknames can be given to pets with formats all over the place, sometimes longer names, pets considered not VWN, but WN, may be even more desirable. It may be worth considering to shoot for a price range rather than setting a firm price point if we wanted to follow our own idea of what pets should be worth.

In the end, price is fluid, popularity changes with the weather, and stocks vary. A range would allow flexibility, take some of the pressure off of having to keep tabs on tier guides that often, and provide more flexibility while still keeping people from undercutting prices.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-07-2020),Lilac Tentacles (10-07-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (10-07-2020),Spiffy (10-11-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    I'm still kind of curious to hear more opinions on this and which general direction it was being considered to be taken
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    247d 4h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    I did not find this before but just wanted to post my opinion: While PC trends and tiers do tend to affect the value of a pet there's also the other side of the coin.

I've sold many UC faerie kougras/UC baby kougras at full price with no problems (Tons of VWN since they were easy to trade for some months ago, and even BNed ones sell quickly), here on cK I mainly sell faeries that even though the PC hate them, on here they are loved.

I do think there is some mid tier greys or dari pets overpriced as they aren't popular on/off-site.

(Will probably edit this with more info)

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez