11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Itrader mega thread

It's kinda sad seeing the SPAM section consist of almost exclusively itrader threads.
    If the itrader threads were condensed into one place, it would be easier to find the spam threads that are meant for conversation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kale For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (10-03-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzeh View Post
    It's kinda sad seeing the SPAM section consist of almost exclusively itrader threads.
    If the itrader threads were condensed into one place, it would be easier to find the spam threads that are meant for conversation.
    That wouldn't work because the reason people use spam for iTrader from the Group threads is because presently iTrader requires a forum thread created by either the buyer or seller for the feedback being given.

A megathread for feedback would essentially be the same as the Group threads that currently don't allow feedback to be left for them.

We are actively working on a solution for this though, and appreciate the thoughtful suggestion!

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (10-03-2020),kale (10-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    That wouldn't work because the reason people use spam for iTrader from the Group threads is because presently iTrader requires a forum thread created by either the buyer or seller for the feedback being given.

A megathread for feedback would essentially be the same as the Group threads that currently don't allow feedback to be left for them.

We are actively working on a solution for this though, and appreciate the thoughtful suggestion!
    That makes a lot of sense, thanks for explaining! I've never traded so I didn't realize that a new thread was needed.

Would a separate sub-section specifically for itrader threads in the trading section be something that is possible?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I don't think having an "itrader thread" when trades are done is productive at all. I know sometimes trades take place when there aren't specific threads that may have been used to advertise buying/selling. I've had this happen plenty of times. Usually I will just pick a thread that relates similarly to what I sold - or if it's really out of the blue, I'll just put clraik.com in as the deal URL.

The purpose of having a deal URL is so that it can be reviewed later and users/staff can see what went down and what it originated from. A basic clraik.com when no specific thread was used is just as good and would save on a lot of spam. I occasionally mention that to people just as a little suggestions too. I agree it is kind of lame to have a bunch of spam threads for an itrader deal, makes no sense logically there haha
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Beth77 (10-06-2020),Da Plushee Boree (10-03-2020)