45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I see some very good advice here and being 40+ I can add a few more things:

- Doesn't matter how much you earn, always apply the 10% rule - save at least 10%. If bank interests are not good, look for investment options (lowest risk possible). Once you have a bit saved, try investing wisely (or even better - follow expert advice).

- Learn that you don't have to give your answer immediately. You have the right to think about it, be it job offer, somebody asking for a favour or help, dinner invitation Some people are fast thinkers but others aren't and usually decisions made on the go are regretted later.

- Read product labels. Once I've discovered that fruit juice contains as much added sugar as soda, I just stopped buying it. Fresh juice or fresh fruit. Takes a bit more time and efforts but it's much healthier and worth it. But people usually think "fruit juice - must be good for you". Don't just assume, check first. You'll be amazed at some discoveries.

- Procrastination is killing the joy in life. If you happen to suffer from it, try dividing you task in smaller tasks, make a list of them (or use an app, there are plenty) and put a check next to each sub-task when finished. Our brain works better when the task in hand is smaller, thus more manageable, it needs less the time and effort, you can see it's end in foreseeable future so it's not overwhelming and last but not least, we take pleasure from successfully completing something. More (smaller) tasks to complete (instead of one big one) - more fun and enjoyment.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nousha For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-12-2020),Gato (10-17-2020),hissi (10-11-2020),maya (12-06-2020),Unown (10-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    15d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    There's definitely lots of useful tips here, reminding me I have to spend more time getting things done on my days off.

Here's a few things to keep in mind that I find important!

Honeydew the Ryu
    Born: September 2021