Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In your opinion, are guilds worth joining?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I like my guild, though definitely don't post daily. I think joining a popular guild on Neopets adds to build up your account too!

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-24-2020),Sarada (09-24-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    88/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    73d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I used to like guilds because I don't post in the forums at all, and being able to interact with other persons, made me think it was worthy of being in one. These days, I avoid at all cost any contact with people in-game. I prefer a thousand times to chat here because I can share/read opinions without any risk of freezing for typing something an "adult Neopets-players" didn't like.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazem For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-25-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
    I used to like guilds because I don't post in the forums at all, and being able to interact with other persons, made me think it was worthy of being in one. These days, I avoid at all cost any contact with people in-game. I prefer a thousand times to chat here because I can share/read opinions without any risk of freezing for typing something an "adult Neopets-players" didn't like.

I agree with your philosophy. I used to be very active in multiple guilds over the years. At this point now, I have a couple of genuine 'neofriends' who I talk with outside of neopets... Opinions can be misinterpreted by some and often lead to drama and potential warnings/freezings/whatever... I simply do my dailies on neo, go through occasional spurts of actively playing, and then browse around on here aimlessly.... LOL

My account was frozen for a long time... After fighting to get it back, I don't want to lose it again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jojobloggs For This Useful Post:

Hazem (09-24-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I love(d) guilds as I met several of my long term neo friends through them, where we branched off into the 'real world' as friends instead of just on neo.
    Although I find these days they're dead, but maybe I'm just not in active ones.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I like the concept of guilds more than the actual experience. This is mostly because of the forum chat functionality. It doesn't allow for a decent flow in conversation when there are constantly people only just coming on, interrupting and having the same conversations over and over again. Basically I'd just like them to have live-chat. I do enjoy the random events that are held though. They're always good fun.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombabe For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-25-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'm fairly sure I joined a guild that was just a front for possibly a member who was ABing and trying to seem legit transferring high value items across multiple accounts. I'd say maybe 5-6 accounts belonged to that member and the rest were just lucky people like myself who got freebies from them every now and again. It guess it was risky but it was worth it - got atleast 10mil worth of freebies all up from this dude.

Edit: The nice thing was that I think normal users ended up doing a lot of gifting to peoples wishlists and giveway of codestones/nerks etc from BDing it actually just became a big friendly community of people trying to get other peoples wishlist complete.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chi For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-25-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    I'm fairly sure I joined a guild that was just a front for possibly a member who was ABing and trying to seem legit transferring high value items across multiple accounts. I'd say maybe 5-6 accounts belonged to that member and the rest were just lucky people like myself who got freebies from them every now and again. It guess it was risky but it was worth it - got atleast 10mil worth of freebies all up from this dude.

Edit: The nice thing was that I think normal users ended up doing a lot of gifting to peoples wishlists and giveway of codestones/nerks etc from BDing it actually just became a big friendly community of people trying to get other peoples wishlist complete.
    Sounds great honestly. Pretend to not know to get some free stuff, they get the benefit of seeming legit, fun time all around.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    nah.
    it depends.